Welcome to The Livi Room

EdinburghLivi
Admin

Welcome to The Livi Room

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 am

Welcome to The Livi Room, a place for ALL fans of Livingston F.C. to discuss issues (let's face it, we have a lot) with the club.

The intention is to have as little as possible moderation so we can bring together all the different groups of Livi supporters and have the best discussion possible. Obviously, myself and the mods will step in should anything stupid pop up.

Nothing else to say, really. Feel free to give feedback on the forum layout, in this section so we can improve things to the best of our ability.

Happy Foruming,
EL.

djs9750

Re: Welcome to The Livi Room

Post by djs9750 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Well done EL for taking the initiative. Hope everyone gets behind the new forum.
Do you think the club would consider a link on the official website?
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:55 pm

I suppose I could drop them an email and a tweet. I don't really see a bad side to trying to bring the whole support together into a community of sorts, especially in such an important season.

The support has been split since the Gary Bollan sacking and the club needs to bring it back together as much as possible.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Forum looks good J, looking forward to using it!

Regarding the support though, I would say it's been split since long before Bollan was punted. I'm not sure what the club can do to bring together certain groups together either, if I'm being honest.

With that said though the creation of this forum could go some way to bringing people together and if that's the case, the least the club can do is promote it.
spiggle

Post by spiggle on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm happy to see a new forum replace the old one. I was spiggle on the old forum, I tried to register spiggle on here but stupidly used my old livilions email which now seems to be not sending or receiving email.

If you are able to change my user name that would be cool. If not, whatever...
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:53 pm

mozam76 wrote:Forum looks good J, looking forward to using it!

Regarding the support though, I would say it's been split since long before Bollan was punted. I'm not sure what the club can do to bring together certain groups together either, if I'm being honest.

With that said though the creation of this forum could go some way to bringing people together and if that's the case, the least the club can do is promote it.  

Yep, with every new owner there has been friction between groups of people, hopefully with a new forum we can make a fresh start and leave past disputes behind us.

Nice on the eye and easy to use, good job EL.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I think this will be a good forum  Very Happy 
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:54 pm

That's your username changed spiggle!

Agreed with Mozam that there's only a certain amount that can be done to repair the damage that has admittedly existed well before the Bollan sacking but hopefully this brings a bit of unity amongst the online community.
spiggle

Post by spiggle on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:That's your username changed spiggle!

Agreed with Mozam that there's only a certain amount that can be done to repair the damage that has admittedly existed well before the Bollan sacking but hopefully this brings a bit of unity amongst the online community.

Cheers EL

We need the support back in unity again. This fracture has done nothing but affect our numbers, that and multiple admins.
BobaFett

Post by BobaFett on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Site is looking good although there is a typo under "General Dicussion"

Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Big thanks for setting this up.

Was never a big poster on any of the previous forums, hopefully be different here.  Very Happy
CruijffTurn

Post by CruijffTurn on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:29 pm

LL was already pretty split when I started posting in '07. Hopefully a fresh start does everyone some good.
MCL

Post by MCL on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Nice one EL.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:43 am

Just a wee point EL - is there any way to get rid of the "holding page" that you get when you post a comment, before taking you back to the board?
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 am

As in the "your message was submitted successfully" page that pops up? I'll look into it.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:28 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:As in the "your message was submitted successfully" page that pops up? I'll look into it.

That's the fella.
LanarkshireLion

Post by LanarkshireLion on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Forum looks great. Signed up after seeing the link on P&B so using the same name as I am on there. A new forum was well overdue so looking forward to being part of this. As for the support being split I agree we need something to get us all on the same page and hopefully this forum can be that thing.

ianlivi

Post by ianlivi on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Meant to say Congratulations on a great site, Lets hope membership increases and some interesting discussions when the squad is complete and season starts.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Unfortunately, the Livi twitter decided not to retweet theliviroom which is annoying but never mind.

Mozam, unfortunately I've search over the help forum but there's no way to turn it off without going into coding which I'm not comfortable enough with.
Afro

Post by Afro on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:14 am

Hopefully this forum is a bit more alive than the other two. Good job starting it up EL, had to be done in all honesty. I just find it a bit ridiculous that a club of our size has three separate fan forums, but nothing's ever straightforward with us.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 pm

I know, it is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to create further division by any means, I merely hoped to bring some fans together after what looked like the demise of LiviLions. Hope it does catch on but we'll have to see. Maybe organise a player sponsership between the twenty or so of us so we can get a bit of publicity.
CruijffTurn

Post by CruijffTurn on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Maybe try and sponsor David Robertson? He will become the patron saint of this forum. lol! 
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:51 pm

<3 David Robertson.

Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I know, it is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to create further division by any means, I merely hoped to bring some fans together after what looked like the demise of LiviLions. Hope it does catch on but we'll have to see. Maybe organise a player sponsership between the twenty or so of us so we can get a bit of publicity.

I'd be up for that, putting in a few quid anyway.
LanarkshireLion

Post by LanarkshireLion on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I know, it is ridiculous. I wasn't trying to create further division by any means, I merely hoped to bring some fans together after what looked like the demise of LiviLions. Hope it does catch on but we'll have to see. Maybe organise a player sponsership between the twenty or so of us so we can get a bit of publicity.

I like the idea of us all putting in a couple quid to sponsor a player. Well up for that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:13 pm