Petrofac Cup Final vs. Alloa - Countdown begins!

Livi2IDie

Re: Petrofac Cup Final vs. Alloa - Countdown begins!

Post by Livi2IDie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Lads I'm pished, I've been pished since 3pm on Friday and I'll pished to the wee hours on Monday. I've been chatting to a girl who I was 95% sure was the one for the Collector and she's told me just there to GTF cause I'm such a pisshead, but 1 thing is for sure. We've won the League Cup and this Sunday we're gonna win the Challenge Cup and we can say to numerous bitter diddy teams who mouth off at us: "GTF, we've won 2 cups in the space of time you've won 0"

Livi 'til I fucking die lads

Fucking right lad, bevy on!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Cracking result and a great day out, weather made it all the more enjoyable too.

Hippo didn't score but had a great game, set up our first with some grit and determination to win the ball twice from the Alloa player and set up Pittman who stuck it away nicely.

Dycey getting our 2nd spurred Alloa into life and thankfully they hit the post twice and didn't pull a goal back.

Good substitutions by Burchill, both Glen and White combining for our 3rd and White getting to the ball first to nod it over the keeper for our 4th, I'm sure he's scored one like that in another game this season.

Just need to carry that form into the next game and get a win against Falkirk. Mon the Lions.

Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Brilliant day, happy birthday me! Now lets get in aboot the Bairns & start the great escape.

Shows what we can do even when the ref gives us nothing.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 am

Was a mates birthday today too, happy birthday to both of you (forgot to wish him a HB at the game today. lol )

Yeah ridiculous letting Alloa off with no cards for those two fouls and just having a word with both players then dishing out a yellow card to O'Brien for much the same thing, only not anything near as brutal a foul. Buggers kept on knocking the ball away so we couldn't take quick free kicks and that one where their player got the ball and chucked it away for our throw in was taking the piss yet nothing from the ref to at least have a word with them.

I remember Docherty being booked against Alloa for giving the ball a wee kick when it was a free kick to them, Alloa seem to get away with this everytime we play them.

Feck them though, we won the cup. Very Happy
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:48 am

Happy birthday, Bertie fella. Cracking day for it. Also:

The face what you pull when Afro predicts a 3-0 win for Livi in the Challenge Cup final, and you're like wtf? Only for Livi to win 4-0.

Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:06 am

My mate also took our picture with Marvin Andrews haha!

Smithy

Post by Smithy on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:51 am

Hippo was brilliant best game he has played for us when starting. White put the icing on the cake with two excellent finishes and also proved my point that the final pass makes the goal. Hippo made an excellent pass for Pitman,Glen made a great pass for White and Talbot made an excellent ball into the box for big White to score once again
It's what I've been saying all season our lack of goals isn't because we haven't someone who can finish it's been because we've had a lack of decent final balls.

I've also said we don't just scrape through games we win well,so we have to keep believing and keep playing as a team, as if we do this we can still stay up.

Look at these results
4-1 v Hearts
4-0 v Alloa
5-1 v Raith
5-1 v Dumbarton
4-1 v Alloa

More of the same please in our final games.

Well done to all the players and fans who made yesterday a fantastic day.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:09 am

Absolutely delighted considering I predicted Alloa would win 2-0. We were the better side for the majority of the game with Alloa being a threat in a few short spells but we hit them on the counter and got rewarded for our patience and killer instinct.

Burchill made a few surprises with his selections but he got it spot on although we'd be slating his choices if he got it wrong. O'Brien was a calming influence in midfield and kept possession; Hippolyte was excellent on the wing with his pace and gave their RB all sorts of problems and never gave up for our first goal; and Cole absolutely strolled it at CB, I don't think he broke sweat all game. Very impressed as well to see Glen and White come on and stuck in from the start and they were both rewarded from it.

Still feel a bit bitter though because once again we put in a great performance but come the Falkirk game, albeit Falkirk are a better team, we'll shite it and get beat. But for now I'll enjoy the cup win!
Contemporary

Post by Contemporary on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:29 am

SCENES
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Dycey and Talbot deserve credit for getting down the flanks constantly and putting in a lot of good balls into their box. Makes a huge difference when both push forward and we use both wings, it pins back their WB's too. Hopefully we'll do that against Falkirk and not be scared to go at them.

Aye Cole and Gallagher in at CB's is a fearsome pairing, O'Brien playing further up in midfield worked really well too, don't need him as a holding midfielder when you've two strong CB's comfortable on the ball.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I felt Hippolyte played in a completely different position yesterday than from any other occasion. I think he's wasted in the middle of the park, and you could see yesterday his cutting movement was far too much for Alloa to deal with. I've heard him say he has a 'good left foot', for finishing aye, but his assist was class yesterday. Pittman looks like a smooth operator too, that was a good find, and in recent weeks where things have been disastrous he's been the only highlight.

White was a menace when he came on, very well played yesterday - he needs to start.

All in all, it shows that we put in a tenth of the effort into league games than we do in this cup, which is s shame, because despite yesterday being a class day out, the Challenge Cup will always be a pub competition. Having said that, for a town of this size, and for a club the size we should be, that was a poor turnout, but not unexpected. Dece atmosphere though, would've been a shocker without the DBM.

With the exception of DJ, Talbs, Fordyce and perhaps O'Brien and Hips the fan engagement was a complete disgrace. Players barely celebrated on the pitch, and couldn't fuck off soon enough. Went for a few jars down the AS last night, and the players stood in a dark corner with a crate of booze then fucked off ASAP. Might of won us a cup, but they're still a shower of fucking bellends.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Can remember going to an open day down at the stadium and a lot of our players at that time were the same, didn't want to spend any time with young fans, Brian McPhee was the exception back then, he came over from the dressing room door when he saw several of our players running into it to get away from the fans and posed for pics with my daughter and her friend, had a conversation with me and was a really nice friendly guy. Big Leish was also Mr Congeniality, could do with someone like him at the club again, he really was top class at promoting it and engaging with the fans.

Much like big Marv yesterday who must've posed for hundreds of pics and chatted with anyone that approached him.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah, Marv was class yesterday. I heard fans chanting his name during the match but didn't know he was there until I saw him outside at FT.
Afro

Post by Afro on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Told you we'd horse them, Lexi. Wink

Fantastic day. Maybe I'm an utter diddy, but a trophy's a trophy and we richly deserved to win it. Alloa were pretty pish it had to be said, but we were brilliant at times, it just goes to show that we can turn on the style and win convincingly when we get going. I was pretty dubious of Mullen and Hippo starting but the latter put in a fucker of a shift, perserved for the first goal and had the composure to lay it on for Pittman to score. Two great finds and Hippo really does deserve a run in the team, never gave Alloa a moment's rest and Pittman ran the show from the midfield.

Hope this gives us some momentum, and rip the pish out of me if you will, but we can win every game left, the teams we're facing are not a million miles from ourselves and actually going out there and giving it a go would be great.
Liviforever

LIVItv our first goal, Pittman

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:I felt Hippolyte played in a completely different position yesterday than from any other occasion. I think he's wasted in the middle of the park, and you could see yesterday his cutting movement was far too much for Alloa to deal with. I've heard him say he has a 'good left foot', for finishing aye, but his assist was class yesterday. Pittman looks like a smooth operator too, that was a good find, and in recent weeks where things have been disastrous he's been the only highlight.

White was a menace when he came on, very well played yesterday -  he needs to start.

All in all, it shows that we put in a tenth of the effort into league games than we do in this cup, which is s shame, because despite yesterday being a class day out, the Challenge Cup will always be a pub competition. Having said that, for a town of this size, and for a club the size we should be, that was a poor turnout, but not unexpected. Dece atmosphere though, would've been a shocker without the DBM.

With the exception of DJ, Talbs, Fordyce and perhaps O'Brien and Hips the fan engagement was a complete disgrace. Players barely celebrated on the pitch, and couldn't fuck off soon enough. Went for a few jars down the AS last night, and the players stood in a dark corner with a crate of booze then fucked off ASAP. Might of won us a cup, but they're still a shower of fucking bellends.

In fairness to the players Lexi and I was down there too, they couldn't really celebrate much with training the next morning and a huge game against Falkirk on Wednesday, looked like they did enjoy themselves on the day and on the park I'm sure thou, if there wasn't a league game of such high importance on Wednesday and players weren't travelling home for training in the morning I'm sure it would of been 100% different but I see where your coming from.

For once they did it on the park!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Don't have to drink to celebrate, just circulate around the room and interact with the fans. When the AS was open to the home fans a Livi4Life lass came round the tables with a couple of the younger players that weren't playing for the first team that day and chatted with the fans, could do with more of that so the fans get a connection to the team.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Wasn't expecting a mass piss-up, just come round and say 'thanks for the support today' instead of awkwardly standing in a dark corner. I saw one of the payers carrying a crate of Miller (awful awful beer, btw).

Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Correct Stella, Tennents & Corna the only acceptable beers IMO
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Liviforever wrote:Looking at our road to the final what's the odds of Hippo scoring on Sunday.

He scored a goal in our 4-3 ET win against QoS.

Scored a goal in our 4-1 win over Hearts.

Scored the only goal in our ET win over Peterheid.

And scored one of the penalties in our win over Stranraer.

So he's scored in every game as we got to the final, lets hope he scores on Sunday as we lift the cup..

Well he didn't score but he was simply outstanding. Still loving the fact we won this cup AND survived & if I remember correctly, I wanted to win it regardless & you only wanted to win it if we stayed up & were even toying with the idea of not going!!

I'm sure the general consensus was that most folk would have traded the cup win for survival - in fact most would have traded it for the 2 extra points that we'd have got had we beaten Alloa the week before. It really was a fantastic achievement considering the teams we had to play to stay up. And judging by the way Stuttgart fought there way to safety I think we must have been their inspiration. Very Happy

Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Yeah I was pretty pee'd off in March Bertie, glad I went as I really enjoyed the day and it was a relaxed atmosphere where we seemd to leave our league woes aside for the day. Turned out to be a really important part of our fight to survival in getting 8th place too as the players and fans really got a lift from it.

Was actually surprised Hippo didn't have a shot at goal himself when he squared it to Pittman for our first goal, then I heard him in an interview saying how he was working on being more of a team player. Certainly made a huge impact for the team in the run in to securing 8th place.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun May 24, 2015 5:31 pm

I was the same, I thought he was shaping to shoot but his work to win the ball was tenacious & his pass to Pittman sublime (decent finish from the wee fella as well, he was also outstanding in the final & the run-in)....yeah, I tipped Hippo to be the surprise success at the start & he certainly did enough in the run-in to suggest he has it in him.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:19 pm

5th April 2015, what was the score for the Amber Machine?
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Very good LC; I was thinking more along the lines of

5th of April 2015; ask any Wasps fans what they had seen

But I like yours better
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Very good LC; I was thinking more along the lines of

5th of April 2015; ask any Wasps fans what they had seen

But I like yours better

Very good effort from yourself, and I think I can speak for them for what they witnessed:

They witnessed THE Livingston FC absolutely gub their pub outfit. To let Myle Hippolyte get MotM; Darren Cole smoke cigars for 90 mins; and let Gary Glen get two assists after coming off the bench must've been cancer to their eyes. And to think I thought we would lose to that mob 2-0...

I was absolutely hungover to fuck after I'd been to a 21st the night before. Oh my days, best hangover cure ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 pm