McGlynn departs

LiviCub

McGlynn departs

Post by LiviCub on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:13 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30492637

Number of fans (myself included) got what we wished for and he has left the building. Now we wait and see where we go from here...
Achilles

Re: McGlynn departs

Post by Achilles on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 pm

I hope to fuck it's not Burchill or that chubby dick Hastings that take his place. we need someone with experience to get us out of this mess
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:51 pm

West Lothian Courier tweeted: "Club source says that Mark Burchill will take over until the end of the season".

Not surprised. No manager will want to come in unless they want a short term job plus we probably can't afford one with any half-decent experience. As I've said before, other clubs like Hamilton, Partick, Dundee and Dumbarton have thrived with a manager fresh off the scene from playing.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 pm

If experience is all we needed Achilles, then why get shot of McGlynn?

I can't see Burchill not getting offered the job. He's already there so will cost no money, and will join the line of young hipster gaffers ala Hartley, the Murrays and Booth.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Hopefully Burchill is a better manager than player, and hopefully it doesn't mean he'll be picking himself every week.

Willing to give him some time though, could end up leading us to survival and a Challenge Cup win.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Derek Adams and Jim Jeffries are both available

Burchill has brought nothing to the table managerially since joining as assistant. He signed or recommended Mampuya, so that fills me with no confidence
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Callum Carson from the Courier confirmed on Twitter that he's manager until the end of the season so that rules out all other possibilites.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:32 pm

The job is his until the en of the seaosn. Hardly a surprise seeing as we've no money.

Good luck to him. He'll need it.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Does this count as a new manager bounce for our next couple of games?

Just have to wait and see what Burchill's style of play is and how he sets the team out, hopefully he wont just follow McGlynn's.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Liviforever wrote:Does this count as a new manager bounce for our next couple of games?

Just have to wait and see what Burchill's style of play is and how he sets the team out, hopefully he wont just follow McGlynn's.

Or Richard Burke's for that matter.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Unfortunately I believe Burchill ran much of the training regime - can only hope he's prepared to try something different.
Afro

Post by Afro on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm trying really hard to be positive about this appointment, but I can't help but feel it'll be more of the same. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I reckon Burchill will be a disaster, based on the two previous managers he's been learning his trade under.

Best of luck to the guy, because he'll need it.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:07 pm

I suppose one positive thing is that, when he plays, Burchill always tries to pass the ball rather than boot it aimlessly upfield.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Touch of class from John in his departing statement. Always understood he was a decent bloke, but struck me as more of a coach than a manager. I'm sure he'd be able to work at a bigger club in some kind of coaching role. Looked like a promising appointment at the beginning, but we've been utter pish for a year now, so he's by no means been any kind of success.

I can't see Burchill making too much of a difference, and unlike some of the younger managers Mozam mentioned, he doesn't strike me as someone with the ability to manage a side successfully. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I'd imagine if he keeps us up and wins us the CC, he'll be given a longer contract into next season. Big if though. Big opportunity for him as well.

It irritates me a lot that the only 2 decent managers this board have had they've sacked, whilst all the dross have walked out. Fuxake.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Touch of class from John in his departing statement. Always understood he was a decent bloke, but struck me as more of a coach than a manager. I'm sure he'd be able to work at a bigger club in some kind of coaching role. Looked like a promising appointment at the beginning, but we've been utter pish for a year now, so he's by no means been any kind of success.

I can't see Burchill making too much of a difference, and unlike some of the younger managers Mozam mentioned, he doesn't strike me as someone with the ability to manage a side successfully. Hopefully, I'm wrong. I'd imagine if he keeps us up and wins us the CC, he'll be given a longer contract into next season. Big if though. Big opportunity for him as well.

It irritates me a lot that the only 2 decent managers this board have had they've sacked, whilst all the dross have walked out. Fuxake.

Wasn't Burke sacked?
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Durnford wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote:Touch of class from John in his departing statement. Always understood he was a decent bloke, but struck me as more of a coach than a manager. I'm sure he'd be able to work at a bigger club in some kind of coaching role. Looked like a promising appointment at the beginning, but we've been utter pish for a year now, so he's by no means been any kind of success.

Wasn't Burke sacked?

Pretty sure the statement that came out said he resigned for 'personal reasons'. Wouldn't be surprised if the board gave him a little shove though.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:26 pm

I saw something today saying there would be a new manager in place by the time we play Alloa in the final & I'm sure the same page had Burchy in for the rest of the season.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:29 pm

LiviLion wrote:
Durnford wrote:

Wasn't Burke sacked?

Pretty sure the statement that came out said he resigned for 'personal reasons'. Wouldn't be surprised if the board gave him a little shove though.

That would be here:

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20130912_2.php

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content