Livi v Hearts

Share
avatar
mozam76

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by mozam76 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:18 am

0-3, FGS 16mins.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 am

Mon the amber machine, intae this maroon and white undefeated shite.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1975
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Decent game; they probably deserved to be ahead at half time & we probably deserved to not get walloped in the second half. The long throw in gave them a scare but in the end we just didn't have anyone clinical to get on the end of our chances.

We've seen decent performances against some of the other better sides this season & then tailed off against the teams we ought to beat but if we can take some of the better aspects of today's performance into the next run of games we might start to claw back some of the deficit.
avatar
Afro

Posts : 517
Join date : 2014-06-14

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Afro on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Much better second half and probably should've got a draw if we'd taken one of the three great chances we had. If Burchill can get Hippolyte to actually perform for longer than 20 minutes I think things could be looking up.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:17 pm

That was a stonewall penalty we were denied in the 1st half. Ref was a shitebag. Hearts will get found out next season when they're not playing in a pub league.

avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:56 pm

DJ had 3 fantastic saves to keep it at 0-0 incl another penalty save, and Hearts deserved their lead at HT. Much better 2nd half by Livi and felt disappointed at not getting a draw. White should've scored with one of his headers, thought we'd scored when it was scrambled in the 6 yard box after we fired it back in, was gutted our goal was offside, actually had a feeling Ogleby would score when he came on too, thought this was just the game for him to get himself on the score sheet.

Just hope we can keep this level of performance for our next 4 games where we really need to rack up some points.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Club are at it again. 8100 apparently. 9500+ for definite.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:03 pm

£28,000 off the top to pay the tax we didn't pay a couple of seasons ago. Suspect
avatar
Achilles

Posts : 186
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Achilles on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Club are at it again. 8100 apparently. 9500+ for definite.

All about saving money, the extra 1500 people we haven't counted go straight into our back pockets.
avatar
Achilles

Posts : 186
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Achilles on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:25 pm

We played well against a team that's storming the league atm. Deserved at least a goal.
Problem is, we play really well against the big clubs and lose, then play shit teams like Cowdenbeath and Alloa and play shite... And lose as well!!!
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:16 am

QoS lost to Cowden and drew against Alloa, we really need to beat them next week too, then roll over the 3 PT teams. Would be some feat if we could get 4 wins on the trot.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 am

Liviforever wrote:QoS lost to Cowden and drew against Alloa, we really need to beat them next week too, then roll over the 3 PT teams. Would be some feat if we could get 4 wins on the trot.

12 points would be magic, but I don't think we're anywhere near capable of getting them. I think we'll get 6, which is perhaps still a tad optimistic. Dumbarton is always a horrible fixture and our record against that mob is poor. QOS will be tough stuff, and I can't see us getting anything down there. Cowdenbeath and Alloa are awful though, we need to win both but I can see us throwing one of them away.

Durnford

Posts : 705
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Club are at it again. 8100 apparently. 9500+ for definite.

How do you work that out? North and South stands are about 2000 each (North stand had some gaps though; East stand has about 3000. There were about 1500 in the West Stand.

Were the missing 1000 all in the toilet/pie queues?

Durnford

Posts : 705
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 am

Liviforever wrote:DJ had 3 fantastic saves to keep it at 0-0 incl another penalty save, and Hearts deserved their lead at HT. Much better 2nd half by Livi and felt disappointed at not getting a draw. White should've scored with one of his headers, thought we'd scored when it was scrambled in the 6 yard box after we fired it back in, was gutted our goal was offside, actually had a feeling Ogleby would score when he came on too, thought this was just the game for him to get himself on the score sheet.

Just hope we can keep this level of performance for our next 4 games where we really need to rack up some points.

Haven't felt so positive about losing a game in a long time; must be coming down with something.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Smithy on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:DJ had 3 fantastic saves to keep it at 0-0 incl another penalty save, and Hearts deserved their lead at HT. Much better 2nd half by Livi and felt disappointed at not getting a draw. White should've scored with one of his headers, thought we'd scored when it was scrambled in the 6 yard box after we fired it back in, was gutted our goal was offside, actually had a feeling Ogleby would score when he came on too, thought this was just the game for him to get himself on the score sheet.

Just hope we can keep this level of performance for our next 4 games where we really need to rack up some points.

Haven't felt so positive about losing a game in a long time; must be coming down with something.
think a lot of people felt the same positivity as yourself at end of game. We really played well in second half . In White and Mullen we had two young players who worked so hard yesterday and gave their all to try and get something out of the game. Mensing played well at the back as did Rutherford and DJ was in fine form too. Lots of positives to take from the game.
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 24
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by EdinburghLivi on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:47 pm

It's no coincidence that all of our goals conceded come down that right side with Fordyce. I hope to fuck that Donaldson is decent or we will continue to struggle against teams with good wingers.

Played well though, probably were worth a point. Mensing and Gallagher strolled it.

Somebody said to me yesterday that Bournemouth are looking at Jamieson?
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 818
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by LiviLion on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Durnford wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote:Club are at it again. 8100 apparently. 9500+ for definite.

How do you work that out? North and South stands are about 2000 each (North stand had some gaps though; East stand has about 3000. There were about 1500 in the West Stand.

Were the missing 1000 all in the toilet/pie queues?

I'm struggling to believe there was only 8100 there, 7500+ Hearts fans meaning there was only 600 in the west stand? Doesn't look like it.

avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Our capacity has dropped with seats being removed to use for repairs, but we've still got well over 9,500 and it couldn't have been far off that yesterday, def felt and looked over 9,000. The 3 rows in front of me are usually empty and they were all full, would say that's the most home support in the West stand this season too.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Durnford wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote:Club are at it again. 8100 apparently. 9500+ for definite.

There were about 1500 in the West Stand.

As LiviLion's pic proves, there was a fair whack more than 1500 in the WS. That stamd holds 2500+, and it looks like there were only a couple hundred empty seats. We should a new thread for when the 'bigger' teams visit, because the 2 visits of Hearts and when the Buns and Hibs came, the club underplayed the gate. Yesterday:

Reported: 8100
Actual: 9650

I'm sure the board have found some dodgy way to save money by doing this, but its obvious that someone is taking the piss. Would've been good to publish the real gate figure, would just make the club look more respectable at a time when its on its knees, but now you'll have folk going about saying we can only manage 600 fans against Hearts. Bit of a shame really.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Liviforever wrote:Our capacity has dropped with seats being removed to use for repairs, but we've still got well over 9,500 and it couldn't have been far off that yesterday, def felt and looked over 9,000. The 3 rows in front of me are usually empty and they were all full, would say that's the most home support in the West stand this season too.

Correct, the ground currently holds 9900. All you have to do is look at that picture and its obvious there's no more than 300 empty seats in the ground. If you believe the gate was just over 8K then you're a total mug.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Smithy on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:33 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:It's no coincidence that all of our goals conceded come down that right side with Fordyce. I hope to fuck that Donaldson is decent or we will continue to struggle against teams with good wingers.

Played well though, probably were worth a point. Mensing and Gallagher strolled it.

Somebody said to me yesterday that Bournemouth are looking at Jamieson?


At this time of year there is always wee chin wags in the crowd with scouts being at the ground. Overheard some people talking yesterday and think it was St Johnstone and Hearts scouts and Mullen and White were mentioned.

Certainly both did their profile no harm in the game and if Bournemouth were watching DJ then he did himself no harm too. However you can never tell by what you hear right enough but I'm sure some of our players are getting looked at as we would most probably take any offers at present.

Durnford

Posts : 705
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Our capacity has dropped with seats being removed to use for repairs, but we've still got well over 9,500 and it couldn't have been far off that yesterday, def felt and looked over 9,000. The 3 rows in front of me are usually empty and they were all full, would say that's the most home support in the West stand this season too.

Correct, the ground currently holds 9900. All you have to do is look at that picture and its obvious there's no more than 300 empty seats in the ground. If you believe the gate was just over 8K then you're a total mug.

Hearts got 6000 seats and sold out so were given another 1000 I believe - there were also a number of tickets sold at the stadium. There was a good 8500 to maybe 8900 there but no where near 9500; sections C and D were relatively empty - strangely the DBM were strangely quiet; maybe they had better things to do?

It was the biggest crowd I've seen at the vale for 10 years though although I note some bampot on P&B is now moaning about how many turnstiles we had open - I assume the one's he's moaning about were the one's fire-bombed by alleged rangers fans a few years back.

Durnford

Posts : 705
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Smithy wrote:
EdinburghLivi wrote:It's no coincidence that all of our goals conceded come down that right side with Fordyce. I hope to fuck that Donaldson is decent or we will continue to struggle against teams with good wingers.

Played well though, probably were worth a point. Mensing and Gallagher strolled it.

Somebody said to me yesterday that Bournemouth are looking at Jamieson?


At this time of year there is always wee chin wags in the crowd with scouts being at the ground. Overheard some people talking yesterday and think it was St Johnstone and Hearts scouts and Mullen and White were mentioned.

Certainly both did their profile no harm in the game and if Bournemouth were watching DJ then he did himself no harm too. However you can never tell by what you hear right enough but I'm sure some of our players are getting looked at as we would most probably take any offers at present.

Think Gary Glen was also worth a mention - if only he would play like that against teams he hadn't been dumped by.

Durnford

Posts : 705
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Durnford wrote:It was the biggest crowd I've seen at the vale for 10 years though although I note some bampot on P&B is now moaning about how many turnstiles we had open - I assume the one's he's moaning about were the one's fire-bombed by alleged rangers fans a few years back.

As a general question why was there any queue at the turnstiles anyway? It was an all ticket game so surely all that had to be done it to tear the ticket in half? Not questioning the volunteers but rather were there other issues like excessive drunkenness etc?
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Durnford wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Our capacity has dropped with seats being removed to use for repairs, but we've still got well over 9,500 and it couldn't have been far off that yesterday, def felt and looked over 9,000. The 3 rows in front of me are usually empty and they were all full, would say that's the most home support in the West stand this season too.

Correct, the ground currently holds 9900. All you have to do is look at that picture and its obvious there's no more than 300 empty seats in the ground. If you believe the gate was just over 8K then you're a total mug.

Hearts got 6000 seats and sold out so were given another 1000 I believe - there were also a number of tickets sold at the stadium. There was a good 8500 to maybe 8900 there but no where near 9500; sections C and D were relatively empty - strangely the DBM were strangely quiet; maybe they had better things to do?

It was the biggest crowd I've seen at the vale for 10 years though although I note some bampot on P&B is now moaning about how many turnstiles we had open - I assume the one's he's moaning about were the one's fire-bombed by alleged rangers fans a few years back.

Hmmm, I'd say it was definitely over 9K. The empty seats really didn't look anymore than 3K.

I haven't read the fella on P&B but I can imagine the dross that's been spouted on that site. All a bunch of bitter diddies anyway.

Sponsored content

Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:41 am