Transfer Rumours

LiviLion

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Liviforever wrote:
EdinburghLivi wrote:Posted a fake Scotland to Dunfermline rumour on p&b, they are talking like it's a done deal lol.

Would be even funnier if the press pick it up and run with it. Laughing

I wouldn't be too surprised, most transfer rumours come from what someone's said on the internet.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 pm

When I was about 17 I posted a rumour on P&B saying that Ade Akinfenwa was signing for Livi. It ended up being spread all across the internet, and I think Akinenwa was asked about it in an interview with a local paper or radio station. The best bit was some daft Montrose fan going absolutely nuts and saying how much of a disgraceful football club we were.

Idiots the lot of them.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:When I was about 17 I posted a rumour on P&B saying that Ade Akinfenwa was signing for Livi. It ended up being spread all across the internet, and I think Akinenwa was asked about it in an interview with a local paper or radio station. The best bit was some daft Montrose fan going absolutely nuts and saying how much of a disgraceful football club we were.

Idiots the lot of them.

Think I was one of the gullible idiots that believed it. In my defence I was 15, and a bit slow...
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:45 pm

There's a young guy at Hamilton probably worth looking at if we're wanting a striker in on loan. Eamonn Brophy, banging them in at youth level and has made a good few appearances for the first team too.

Edit: Scored another in the U20 league tonight, his 20th of the season so far.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:11 am

Speaking of Montrose...they appear to have signed Big Marv!

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:18 am

LiviLion wrote:There's a young guy at Hamilton probably worth looking at if we're wanting a striker in on loan. Eamonn Brophy, banging them in at youth level and has made a good few appearances for the first team too.

Thought he'd already been sent on loan agreement with Raith?
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:36 am

Lexi Collector wrote:When I was about 17 I posted a rumour on P&B saying that Ade Akinfenwa was signing for Livi. It ended up being spread all across the internet, and I think Akinenwa was asked about it in an interview with a local paper or radio station. The best bit was some daft Montrose fan going absolutely nuts and saying how much of a disgraceful football club we were.

Idiots the lot of them.

One of those idiots being me. I mentioned to a guy at work yesterday that we were linked with signing Akinfenwa a couple of years ago.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Durnford wrote:
LiviLion wrote:There's a young guy at Hamilton probably worth looking at if we're wanting a striker in on loan. Eamonn Brophy, banging them in at youth level and has made a good few appearances for the first team too.

Thought he'd already been sent on loan agreement with Raith?

Don't think so, not that I've seen anyway. I know they've been watching him though.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I think we should have an attempt at signing Ched Evans.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Only you would go there ya rascal ye.

See the Oldham Chairman got threats of his daughter being raped if they signed him, hope they can trace the idiot that sent it.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Liviforever wrote:Only you would go there ya rascal ye.

See the Oldham Chairman got threats of his daughter being raped if they signed him, hope they can trace the idiot that sent it.

Some pretty disgusting stuff was also appearing on the Ched Evans support site about the woman that was raped as well - strange that no-one has actually complained to the police about these threats to the chairman's family and staff - only to the press?

Incidentally, and off topic, weren't Oldham the club that offered a contract to the guy (Lee Hughes I think) after he'd killed someone through drunken driving.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:22 am

From all the evidence I've seen he isn't a rapist. Probably not worth the hassle come to think of it. Death threats, sponsors threatening to pull the plug, nutters sending you hate mail. Shame really as he'd probably take 400 quid a week with the way things are going and he'd score a serious number of goals. We need a striker more than just about anything.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 am

Lexi Collector wrote:From all the evidence I've seen he isn't a rapist. Probably not worth the hassle come to think of it. Death threats, sponsors threatening to pull the plug, nutters sending you hate mail. Shame really as he'd probably take 400 quid a week with the way things are going and he'd score a serious number of goals. We need a striker more than just about anything.

He's a convicted rapist and on the sex offenders register so yes he is. He claims he's innocent or that his colleague was also guilty but that's irrelevant; he hasn't had the case overturned. Footballers are role models and as such need to bear that in mind when they conduct themselves.

He was reportedly wanting £2500 a week at Oldham and that is what had been reportedly negotiated. With a millionaire girlfriend and a father who was offering to make up any commercial losses to Oldham I doubt whether £400 per week is anywhere near the target.

As for nutters sending hate mails and death threats as far as I'm led to believe no complaints have been made to the police so question whether they were actually made or whether it was yet another ploy by Neil Joy to explain his U-turn after being so gung-ho earlier in the week. The statements being made to the New York Jewish Chronicles implied that everyone else was wrong and he was right.

The likes of Graham Rix; Craig Thomson; Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick are also in the new regarding how their careers deteriorated. Craig Thomson was recently investigated for cleaning windows without a license - how the mighty fall.

I would however say there was a very similar case in London a few years back involving a number of premiership club players (Chelsea I think) in a west end hotel - that came to nothing due to some very vigorous legal representations by the club and a suggested substantial commercial agreement by the claimant.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:26 am

Lexi Collector wrote:From all the evidence I've seen he isn't a rapist. Probably not worth the hassle come to think of it. Death threats, sponsors threatening to pull the plug, nutters sending you hate mail. Shame really as he'd probably take 400 quid a week with the way things are going and he'd score a serious number of goals. We need a striker more than just about anything.

If he was employed by the club, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. The man has served his time and has been forced to apologise through the pressure of the media and dafties looking to take the moral highground. If ever such a situation was to happen, the current board wouldn't go near someone like him as clubs with a similar size to ours rely so much on local sponsorship and PATG fans.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:33 am

Getting back on track I notice some people have been talking about getting rid of some players; surely that's quite an expensive process if they have several months left on their contract?

mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:34 pm

LiviCub wrote:The man has served his time.

In amongst all the shite spouted around Evans (on both sides, btw) is this wee nugget. He has done nothing of the sort.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:27 pm

mozam76 wrote:

In amongst all the shite spouted around Evans (on both sides, btw) is this wee nugget. He has done nothing of the sort.

It was merely an observation in which I meant he has served his sentence. I am in no way defending him as an innocent man nor am I in support of the prosecution.

Rightly or wrongly, he has served the sentence which he was told to do.

ianlivi

Poster has now withdrawn statement!

Post by ianlivi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:30 pm

On other threads talk of Robertson "walking" today along with a number of other players also quotes "Livi are banking on a defender they say is worth £500K!" not sure if wind up or not - anyone confirm?

Last edited by ianlivi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

LiviCub wrote:
mozam76 wrote:

It was merely an observation in which I meant he has served his sentence. I am in no way defending him as an innocent man nor am I in support of the prosecution.

At the risk of being pedantic; he has served two years of a five year sentence - I believe he is currently out on licence

Last edited by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:13 pm

ianlivi wrote:On other threads talk of Robertson "walking" today along with a number of other players also quotes "Livi are banking on a defender they say is worth £500K!" not sure if wind up or not - anyone confirm?

Will be disappointed if Robertson leaves; always thought he offered something extra to our midfield - I suppose i can understand it from his POV if he isn't getting a regular game.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:03 pm

LiviCub wrote:
mozam76 wrote:

Again - he's done nothing of the sort.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:48 pm

With Rankine being found guilty of having dual interests with us and East Fife and our punishment not being decided until Feb it may well be a waste of money bringing anyone in now, a further points deduction would surely make our relegation a certainty.

This season just keeps getting worse.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Rob Ogleby has been released.

We're playing Celtic in a friendly tomorrow with a few trialists playing, expecting to have a couple new faces signed in the next few days, including an assistant manager.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Once again another waste of money and another pish signing from McGlynn. Clearly couldn't refuse getting rid of the nice guy image by bringing one of his ex-Jambo pals.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Hasn't done anything so no loss, kept hoping he'd score but it didn't happen. A couple more could do with leaving to free up a wage to bring some players in but I didn't think we'd bother with the SFA/SPFL side show going on.

Beaumont looks decent and Praprotnik looked like he has skills on the ball, so hopefully they'll be given more of a chance. Desperately need a striker and a RB, an attacking midfielder who could chip in with some goals wouldn't go amiss either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 pm