Mark Burchill

Share
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3609
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Mark Burchill

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Been encouraging so far, albeit we've lost both games with him in charge, they were against the top 2 teams.

Early signs look to be showing an improvement in our style at least, the ball is being played more on the deck and not lumping it up in the air towards White all the time.

Hopefully he'll give the fringe players a chance too, was interesting to see Praprotnik getting a sub appearance.

Maybe less fear from a young manager, reading an article today it is good to see he wasn't happy about losing to Sevco and Hearts, a winning mentality from a young guy rather than going in to big games looking to play defensively for damage limitations. It could backfire on him and we get horsed, but then again Hearts gubbed us 5-0 when we went in scared of them.
Also liked that he saw our weakness down the wing and did something about it at HT.

Big test will be our next 4 games, need to be taking at least 8 points from them.

Would be disappointed if we don't take something from the QoS and Dumbarton games but the Alloa and Cowden ones are must wins if we have any chance to get above them and out of danger. A draw against QoS, wins against Cowden and Alloa, and a draw against Dumbarton.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Smithy on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Liviforever wrote:Been encouraging so far, albeit we've lost both games with him in charge, they were against the top 2 teams.

Early signs look to be showing an improvement in our style at least, the ball is being played more on the deck and not lumping it up in the air towards White all the time.

Hopefully he'll give the fringe players a chance too, was interesting to see Praprotnik getting a sub appearance.

Maybe less fear from a young manager, reading an article today it is good to see he wasn't happy about losing to Sevco and Hearts, a winning mentality from a young guy rather than going in to big games looking to play defensively for damage limitations. It could backfire on him and we get horsed, but then again Hearts gubbed us 5-0 when we went in scared of them.
Also liked that he saw our weakness down the wing and did something about it at HT.

Big test will be our next 4 games, need to be taking at least 8 points from them.  

Would be disappointed if we don't take something from the QoS and Dumbarton games but the Alloa and Cowden ones are must wins if we have any chance to get above them and out of danger. A draw against QoS, wins against Cowden and Alloa, and a draw against Dumbarton.
8 points would be great in January
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 831
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Not sure where would be the right place to put this, but David Hopkin is our new assistant manager.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2018
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 am

Formerly assistant Manager at Morton....from promotion challengers to relegation in 1 year.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 729
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by LiviCub on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

I'd like to take this moment to say Mark Burchill is the most handsome manager in the SPFL right now. Absolute stunner with a lush set of brogues to go with his sleek style.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3609
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:11 pm

LiviCub wrote:I'd like to take this moment to say Mark Burchill is the most handsome manager in the SPFL right now. Absolute stunner with a lush set of brogues to go with his sleek style.

Is he the dark haired Mourinho?
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 729
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by LiviCub on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Liviforever wrote:
LiviCub wrote:I'd like to take this moment to say Mark Burchill is the most handsome manager in the SPFL right now. Absolute stunner with a lush set of brogues to go with his sleek style.

Is he the dark haired Mourinho?

The looks of a younger Mourinho, the tan of a Jimmy Calderwood and the dress sense of a Pep Guardiola.
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 24
Location : Edz

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:16 pm

LiviCub bang on the money. Also good that he pulls off wearing the suit as well. Wonderful change from the tracksuit and baseball cap.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3609
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Was looking for 8 points from our upcoming 4 games and we've taken 4, with the Alloa game still to play. A win against Alloa would take us to 7 points from those 4 games which would be more than decent. Really need this win though as it will also get us above Alloa on GD.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I think Ian Murray is better looking if I'm honest, there's something about Burchill's face which is misplaced.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Neil Hastings is hotter than both though.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 729
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by LiviCub on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Neil Hastings is hotter than both though.

Neil Hastings is like your pal who you go to Club Earth with and ends up grinding and eventually pulling a mid-30s munter "for the bantz".
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Smithy on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 am

Since Burchy took over we have certainly been more attacking and creating more chances.
It all clicked last week with the goals .

Sponsored content

Re: Mark Burchill

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 pm