Livi v Cowden

Share
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Not much to be said really, have to win this.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:45 pm

Yep....it is a "must win" & for that very reason, we won't. (Mr Negativity strikes again - but as I keep saying, the lower my expectations the less disappointed I am).

Liv 1 Cow 1

FG 33 mins
avatar
Achilles

Posts : 186
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Achilles on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:41 pm

Must win, we can't afford to lose this. If we lose we are done.

That must be the message that goes to the players this week
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 24
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 pm

1-0 Livi. 74 mins FG.

They will pack it tight and we'll likely have to persevere to score.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Would start Beaumont for this game, the lad has a great pass in him and can take a mean free kick too, hopefully Keaghan is back playing too.
 

.................................................................... DJ
 
 .           Moffat                              Gallagher                 Mensing                     Talbot


....                          Kyle              Beaumont                Robertson              Keaghan


                                               
 ...                                                    Mullen                   White
                                                                 
 Subs: Hippo, McKenna (super subs with pace against tired legs) O'Brien, Praprotnik (to come on and steady the ship to defend our lead) Grant, Rutherford, Ogleby

Go on Burchy, do it.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 720
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by LiviCub on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 am

3-1 Livi victory. FG 21 mins.

'Mon the Amber Machine.

Durnford

Posts : 707
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Durnford on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:45 am

Liviforever wrote:Would start Beaumont for this game, the lad has a great pass in him and can take a mean free kick too, hopefully Keaghan is back playing too.
 

.................................................................... DJ
 
 .           Moffat                              Gallagher                 Mensing                     Talbot


....                          Kyle              Beaumont                Robertson              Keaghan


                                               
 ...                                                    Mullen                   White
                                                                 
 Subs: Hippo, McKenna (super subs with pace against tired legs) O'Brien, Praprotnik (to come on and steady the ship to defend our lead) Grant, Rutherford, Ogleby

Go on Burchy, do it.

Normally I would suggest Rutherford instead of Talbot but against a physical Cowdenbeath side with the high winds predicted you're probably right.

Also Kyle and Keaghan tend to play better when they're next to each other so would think about swapping over Keaghan and Beaumont

Durnford

Posts : 707
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Durnford on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:46 am

Need to score first and quickly or Cowdenbeath will simply dig in and hold out for a draw.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 720
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by LiviCub on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 am

We've manged to beat them in our last four encouters at home, let's keep this trend going.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Would start Beaumont for this game, the lad has a great pass in him and can take a mean free kick too, hopefully Keaghan is back playing too.
 

.................................................................... DJ
 
 .           Moffat                              Gallagher                 Mensing                     Talbot


....                          Kyle              Beaumont                Robertson              Keaghan


                                               
 ...                                                    Mullen                   White
                                                                 
 Subs: Hippo, McKenna (super subs with pace against tired legs) O'Brien, Praprotnik (to come on and steady the ship to defend our lead) Grant, Rutherford, Ogleby

Go on Burchy, do it.

Normally I would suggest Rutherford instead of Talbot but against a physical Cowdenbeath side with the high winds predicted you're probably right.

Also Kyle and Keaghan tend to play better when they're next to each other so would think about swapping over Keaghan and Beaumont

Yeah was thinking we need pace down the wings and both Kyle and Keaghan have that and are decent hitting the bye line. If it is a packed box with Cowden sitting in we wont break them down going through the middle all game, we need to get down the wings too. Would need to work overlaps with the wingbacks though.

We'll prob stick with Dycey though and he'll hit diagonal balls from wherever he gets a pass from. Best ball I saw him put in was when Beaumont hit a great pass to him right up to the bye line and Dycey crossed it for Burchill to score. He wont run with the ball though and unless he gets a pass that has him up there he'll hit it from 35/40 yards back from the bye line.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:20 pm

LiviCub wrote:We've manged to beat them in our last four encouters at home, let's keep this trend going.

Wasn't it a 2-2 draw last time we played them at home? No, just checked we won 1-0
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Hope we score an early goal and run riot scoring with every shot we get at goal, 5-0 would be sweet.

I'll plump for 2-1 Livi, mon the AM.

Forgot the FG time: 27 mins.


Last edited by Liviforever on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 720
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by LiviCub on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:16 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
LiviCub wrote:We've manged to beat them in our last four encouters at home, let's keep this trend going.

Wasn't it a 2-2 draw last time we played them at home? No, just checked we won 1-0

It was 2-1 back in August - http://livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20140816_1.php
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 720
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by LiviCub on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Might be worth noting that Ogleby scored all four goals in a 4-2 win against Berwick in the Development League. Make what you will, but this could trigger Burchill to start him.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:15 pm

LiviCub wrote:Might be worth noting that Ogleby scored all four goals in a 4-2 win against Berwick in the Development League. Make what you will, but this could trigger Burchill to start him.

Haven't rated him at all but willing to try anything if it has a chance of getting us goals. Ogleby and White up front with Mullen playing in behind them in the Glen role could be an option.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 720
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by LiviCub on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Liviforever wrote:
LiviCub wrote:Might be worth noting that Ogleby scored all four goals in a 4-2 win against Berwick in the Development League. Make what you will, but this could trigger Burchill to start him.

Haven't rated him at all but willing to try anything if it has a chance of getting us goals. Ogleby and White up front with Mullen playing in behind them in the Glen role could be an option.

Could be a case similar to Rory Boulding. Once he got given a chance rather than the odd 20 mins and with the players to assist him, he may be useful...

...or he may be useless as per.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

LiviCub wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:
LiviCub wrote:We've manged to beat them in our last four encouters at home, let's keep this trend going.

Wasn't it a 2-2 draw last time we played them at home? No, just checked we won 1-0

It was 2-1 back in August - http://livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20140816_1.php

True enough...I'd forgotten we had played them at home this season already!
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06 pm

LiviCub wrote:Might be worth noting that Ogleby scored all four goals in a 4-2 win against Berwick in the Development League. Make what you will, but this could trigger Burchill to start him.

Sounds like he's too good for the Development League....which he should be at 23.
avatar
cptn_hooch

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-09-15

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by cptn_hooch on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm

the climb starts here!!! 2-0 livi FG 16 mins
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 24
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by EdinburghLivi on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:16 pm

If Ogleby scores and goes on a run, just remember when Uncle EL tipped him for the top. Impeccable eye for a player.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Lexi Collector on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Ogleby is shite. He'll never score a first team goal in a Livingston shirt.

1-1 and all but relegated unfortunately.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:50 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:If Ogleby scores and goes on a run, just remember when Uncle EL tipped him for the top. Impeccable eye for a player.

I've been saying a goal has been coming from him tae, i'm  bound to get it right one of these times........................................I hope. Laughing



LiviCub wrote:

Could be a case similar to Rory Boulding. Once he got given a chance rather than the odd 20 mins and with the players to assist him, he may be useful...

...or he may be useless as per.

Would be great if he does do a Boulding though, we sure as feck could do with the goals.

ianlivi

Posts : 99
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by ianlivi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 pm

First post for some time bit depressed with results/performances for a while after the good start. However new year and hope for better results so going for a 3-1 win for Livi .
FG 15minutes!!!
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:43 pm

I think with the result of the SFA investigation we should turn up, play the match but pass everything to Cowdenbeath players & let them run up a world record win.

Sick to death of the SFA & the SPFL they couldn't run a bath.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Lexi Collector on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 am

This game'll be off.

Sponsored content

Re: Livi v Cowden

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 pm