Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Share
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Smithy on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 pm

No problem Lf mate if that's the way you see it. It's,all about opinions.  I totally agree with you regarding the media overkill. Hearts were lucky to get the three points yesterday as we played so well and deserved at least a point.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3532
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:Spot on here lad! The media are classic at doing such things! I would probably drop Talbot as well so it doesn't flare up but that's if he doesn't already get a suspension retrospectively now!

I don't think they can hand out a suspension to him when the ref has seen the foul and given a yellow card. Afaik the ref would have to had not seen it at all, so no foul was given then video evidence could be reviewed for a punishment after the game. Ref was shite all game so tough luck that he got the yellow card decision wrong for Talbot.

Durnford

Posts : 712
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Liviforever wrote:
Livi2IDie wrote:Spot on here lad! The media are classic at doing such things! I would probably drop Talbot as well so it doesn't flare up but that's if he doesn't already get a suspension retrospectively now!

I don't think they can hand out a suspension to him when the ref has seen the foul and given a yellow card. Afaik the ref would have to had not seen it at all, so no foul was given then video evidence could be reviewed for a punishment after the game. Ref was shite all game so tough luck that he got the yellow card decision wrong for Talbot.

That's certainly my understanding; there is no facility for upgrading a yellow to a red unless something happened which the referee didn't see.

Its not as if Talbot doesn't have a history of doing this sort of thing; really needs to grow up. However I wouldn't choose to drop him from the next game just because retaliation could actually work in our favour - although unlikely as I think Hearts are too well disciplined and will be too well prepared for that. However if he were to put in a heavy (yellow card) tackle and someone wades in with retaliation then they could end up with a straight red.

Edward snowdon

Posts : 60
Join date : 2014-07-29

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Edward snowdon on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Sorry Durnford i dont agree Talbot is now in the spotlight as the pictures in the media of Scotland under 21 player with a boot in his face has been published everywhere, every poor challange he does will result in at least a yellow. He is late every game with a tackle and now his rep as a thug will follow with oposing player/fans and managers screaming for a card. The Dumbarton kick in the face is doing the rounds also and i never releised how bad that was.
Yet again Talbot steals the limelight from a very good performance

Livi2IDie

Posts : 78
Join date : 2014-09-24

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Livi2IDie on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:11 am

Sorry folks for not being clear in my point on retrospective action but Edward Snowdon here has grasped it, it's not upgrading the yellow to a red it's a ban for violent conduct as it's all over the media. It would be so harsh if it happened but just raising the issue that in this day in age with everything on camera and with constant poor decisions from the SPFL Talbot could face an unfortunate ban.

If he does face a ban surely we should start a petition against Brian Colvin ever refereeing in this division or above again infact send him back to the juniors, I mean if a player is punished so should a referee for being a bellend and having the worst first half performance humanly possible. Apparently Colvin has had a few shockers this season, doesn't surprise me but we all know refs are unaccountable!


Last edited by Livi2IDie on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3532
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:32 am

Still can't ban him as I said in my first reply to you L2ID, if the ref saw the offence and handed out a yellow card ( I also think him even just giving a foul without a booking too) then that's it, nothing more can be done, he's seen the offence and given out a punishment. Doesn't matter if he got it wrong and it was more serious than he originally thought, they are unable to bring any further punishment post match. It is only if an incident was missed by the ref (meaning he doesn't give a foul) the compliance officer can get involved and bring an offer for the player to accept a charge, which he the player can either accept or appeal against. Then it would go to a panel to decide if he is guilty and hand out a ban.

Bottom line is the ref saw it and gave a yellow, so that's the end of it.

The point ES is making is with all this media attention he'll be a marked man by officials, looking out for him making any kind of tackle that is worthy of a card, where as other players may get away with an early challenge Talbot wouldn't.

Dropping him for the Hearts game next week is sensible for many reasons, the one ES mentioned, plus the retribution one I mentioned, another I can think of is what Durnford is saying could perhaps get a Hearts player sent off but for Talbot's sake would it be worth it if he gets a serious injury?

Leaving him out for a week would let it settle down and lets be honest, the media wouldn't give a monkeys had it been one of the teams outside of the big 3 currently in the Championship, and doubt they'll bother about him when we play Falkirk in our next again game.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 723
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by LiviCub on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 am

I'd start Talbot up front next week and make it a priority he takes every free kick and is on penalty duty. Once he scores his 30 yard thunderbastard, he'll take his shirt off with a t-shirt saying "DAE WHIT A WANT".

He's a thug, but he's OUR thug.

Durnford

Posts : 712
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 am

Liviforever wrote:Dropping him for the Hearts game next week is sensible for many reasons, the one ES mentioned, plus the retribution one I mentioned, another I can think of is what Durnford is saying could perhaps get a Hearts player sent off but for Talbot's sake would it be worth it if he gets a serious injury?

Leaving him out for a week would let it settle down and lets be honest, the media wouldn't give a monkeys had it been one of the teams outside of the big 3 currently in the Championship, and doubt they'll bother about him when we play Falkirk in our next again game.

He's a professional footballer; you can't go dropping player because the nasty men in the opposition might be rough with him or someone in the media might write rude things (half the time they make it up or get the names wrong anyway so what's the difference?).

Were there any cases of "retribution" during the game after the handbags? As far as I could tell Hearts just got on with it; of course Talbot was playing on a yellow so had to quieten down anyway. Certainly no Hearts players were out to give him a "serious injury".

I actually prefer Rutherford to Talbot but the guy lacks experience and can tend to get robbed easily if he dwells too long on the ball. I'm certainly not going to advocate dropping Talbot just because it may antagonise some of the Jambo support. A bit of nasty Booing? Oh dear! Actually think he'll relish it.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Smithy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 am

Agree with Dunford wouldn't drop Talbot. Play with the same starting eleven that did so well against the top team in the league.

Edward snowdon

Posts : 60
Join date : 2014-07-29

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Edward snowdon on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:26 pm

seems they are having a second look http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31294574 not sure if link works
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 821
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by LiviLion on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Brilliant. Now watch as Lee McCulloch gets away with his stamp on Dale Carrick yesterday Rolling Eyes
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3532
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Dropping him for the Hearts game next week is sensible for many reasons, the one ES mentioned, plus the retribution one I mentioned, another I can think of is what Durnford is saying could perhaps get a Hearts player sent off but for Talbot's sake would it be worth it if he gets a serious injury?

Leaving him out for a week would let it settle down and lets be honest, the media wouldn't give a monkeys had it been one of the teams outside of the big 3 currently in the Championship, and doubt they'll bother about him when we play Falkirk in our next again game.

He's a professional footballer; you can't go dropping player because the nasty men in the opposition might be rough with him or someone in the media might write rude things (half the time they make it up or get the names wrong anyway so what's the difference?).

Were there any cases of "retribution" during the game after the handbags? As far as I could tell Hearts just got on with it; of course Talbot was playing on a yellow so had to quieten down anyway. Certainly no Hearts players were out to give him a "serious injury".

I actually prefer Rutherford to Talbot but the guy lacks experience and can tend to get robbed easily if he dwells too long on the ball. I'm certainly not going to advocate dropping Talbot just because it may antagonise some of the Jambo support. A bit of nasty Booing? Oh dear! Actually think he'll relish it.

It is worse than that D and you know it, the hype over this has been unreal and by Sat it will be fever pitch. Why not take the heat out of all this and as you say Rutherford is a better defensive player anyway so wouldn't weaken us. Odds on it would be Talbot that would get wound up and get red carded on Sat, he'd have enough of those Hearts aunts goading him and go in with another studs up two footer to wind them all up further.

Seems I know feck all anyway as the compliance officer is having a word with Covin about this now, is this a new power he's got or are they as usual making it up as they go along.

Anyone remember which Livi player got kicked in the face, wasn't Talbot was it?

Can see Livi banning any clubs from videoing games now if these aunts are going to use evidence to get at our players, not that this would have happened had it been Dumbarton we played, as was shown when Talbot caught one of their player in the face with his boot. LIVItv was first to stick up a slo mo zoom of this incident too, prob their evidence the CO is using.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Smithy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:Sorry folks for not being clear in my point on retrospective action but Edward Snowdon here has grasped it, it's not upgrading the yellow to a red it's a ban for violent conduct as it's all over the media. It would be so harsh if it happened but just raising the issue that in this day in age with everything on camera and with constant poor decisions from the SPFL Talbot could face an unfortunate ban.

If he does face a ban surely we should start a petition against Brian Colvin ever refereeing in this division or above again infact send him back to the juniors, I mean if a player is punished so should a referee for being a bellend and having the worst first half performance humanly possible. Apparently Colvin has had a few shockers this season, doesn't surprise me but we all know refs are unaccountable!
well done L2ID you were correct about the retrospective action.you know your stuff pal because I thought the same as Liviforever.
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 821
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by LiviLion on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Liviforever wrote:Anyone remember which Livi player got kicked in the face, wasn't Talbot was it?

Mullen got one in the first half, and it looked like Ibra got one in the second half (though he didn't even go down so there was either no contact and it just looked bad from where I was, or he's hard as nails).
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

He'll get a load of abuse at most grounds now I'd imagine. We should give him a hero's reception. I'd keep him in the team if possible, might put a bit of fear into the Scumbos next Saturday.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 pm



Boom, on the floor ya cunt
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 723
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by LiviCub on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Classic Talbot: popping in for a challenge as a CM instead of his LB position.

Durnford

Posts : 712
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Seems I know feck all anyway as the compliance officer is having a word with Covin about this now, is this a new power he's got or are they as usual making it up as they go along.


"making it up as they go along" was precisely the phrase I was going to use. It was always the case previously that if a player was booked for an offence then that couldn't be increase for the same offence.

gibbis

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by gibbis on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:33 pm

It is now trending on facebook.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3532
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:

Seems I know feck all anyway as the compliance officer is having a word with Covin about this now, is this a new power he's got or are they as usual making it up as they go along.


"making it up as they go along" was precisely the phrase I was going to use. It was always the case previously that if a player was booked for an offence then that couldn't be increase for the same offence.

I still don't think he can dish out a ban but if they're now going down this road then surely clubs will be asking to appeal yellow cards. They can't have it both ways, upgrading a yellow then they have to downgrade one too. This would be the first time I've even heard of a player who was booked being hit with a ban after the game.

Is it paranoia when you know they've got it in for you?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3532
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:31 pm

gibbis wrote:It is now trending on facebook.

It isn't even a bad injury, the boy will be fine to play next week. This has got blown up into Durrant/Neil Simpson proportions, ridiculous.

Durnford

Posts : 712
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Made the national news now. Might be best if he didn't attend the Hearts game after all (despite what I said earlier).

Seems to all be getting a bit silly now.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm

All a complete joke now, nothing was said after the Dumbarton incident, but it's all flooding out now because Hearts fans on twitter have thrown a strop. JT has been a good servant to us over the years and is a good lad, doubt any of this nonsense will stop him from captaining the side.

Would very much like to see him kept on at the end of the season.

Durnford

Posts : 712
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:All a complete joke now, nothing was said after the Dumbarton incident, but it's all flooding out now because Hearts fans on twitter have thrown a strop. JT has been a good servant to us over the years and is a good lad, doubt any of this nonsense will stop him from captaining the side.

Would very much like to see him kept on at the end of the season.

Don't think we can afford to keep him on; the guys a liability.

Half a dozen times this season already he's courted a red card by making reckless out of control tackles but fortunately not made contact. During the Hearts game he made that stupid interception with the high foot that made contact with the guys head; yet he didn't seem to both abouth whether the hearts guy was okay afterwards; makes me wonder if it really was that accidental.

He's never been captain material either; unfortunately Robertson was the most obvious captain in recent times but he's gone now - possibly O'Brien or Kyle Jacobs (if he's not being played at right back).
avatar
Afro

Posts : 517
Join date : 2014-06-14

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Afro on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:28 pm

I don't think he was out to get the boy, truthfully. That doesn't excuse the fact he's a ticking time bomb most of the time, last season in particular was ridiculous. He's calmed down a bit now but he still goes hammering into challenges like there's no tomorrow.

Shouldn't be captain on the basis that he's a fucking radge sometimes, but if he could actually put a decent ball in now and again he'd be invaluable to the team. Already gets into good positions and has got a good engine, to use that God-awful cliché.

Sponsored content

Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 am