Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Share
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Liviforever wrote:Time to work out all the permutations. cyclops

If we draw then we're guaranteed a play off place, a win gets us 8th place as long as Cowden only draw or lose.

So:
Cowden win=Livi in the play offs no matter what our result is. Alloa relegated

Alloa win= Livi need a draw to get the play offs over Cowden relegated on GD/A win gets us 8th place.

Cowden/Alloa draw=Livi need a win to get 8th place/Draw gets us play offs on GD & Alloa relegated.

Livi lose=Alloa need to lose for us to get a play off place & Alloa relegated.



I think that covers it. Didn't bother with what puts us down as I'm only interested in how we survive.

Well, to complete the picture.... If we lose & Alloa don't; down we go.

Livi2IDie

Posts : 78
Join date : 2014-09-24

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Livi2IDie on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:27 am

It's like this we will win 4-0 to a Diddy QOS team & Alloa will draw 2-2 will Cowden, simples.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 am

Livi2IDie wrote:It's like this we will win 4-0 to a Diddy QOS team & Alloa will draw 2-2 will Cowden, simples.

You see Colin Nish putting two past a resolute Alloa defence playing on their home (plastic) turf????

Personally I would love Alloa to be winning at least 2 - nil at half time and I think its pretty much all in our own hands.

Our boys will be well up for it and prepared for a do or die game; doubt QoS will want to risk injuries etc. with the play-off's coming up. My main concern is that we don't get anyone sent off. With the passion and drive to win I'm sure there will be some tough tackling going on but we need to control it. Hopefully we can get through the first twenty minutes without Kyle picking up a yellow card.
avatar
Afro

Posts : 550
Join date : 2014-06-14

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Afro on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 am

Maybe I'm erring on the side of caution or maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I doubt our game will be a walkover by any means. I don't imagine Queens will send out a complete youth side, going by what their fans are saying, guys like Russell will be playing, and in truth, they'd probably be challenging for a place in our side, if not starting. Their guys will be eager to impress the manager ahead of playing Rangers in the play-offs. If we keep playing with the intensity and desire that we've done so with since the cup final, I couldn't ask for much more. All I would ask of the supporters, is that for one game only, please don't get on the players' backs. This is probably our biggest match in a decade, since the CIS Cup Final I'd say. It's been a shite season but let's get behind the team and get something from this game - play-offs or not, we're fucking staying up.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:36 am

Don't think anyone thinks the game will be a walkover - it has the potential to be bl00dy hard no matter who they put out.

However we need to remember that on 4th April we were dead and buried; at least 6 points adrift and people calling the team wasters and worse.

In the space of three an a half weeks they've given us hope; a belief that we can do it. The boys have ALL pulled together and given 100% and you can't ask for more than that. Burchill and his team have done their part; got the boys playing as a team and instilled the belief.

For these reasons, no matter what the result on Saturday, I will be applauding the team off the field. It may be that it wont be the end of our season and we have another four games to go but that's still more than many of us hoped for on 4th April.

avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Smithy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:20 am

Durnford wrote:Don't think anyone thinks the game will be a walkover - it has the potential to be bl00dy hard no matter who they put out.

However we need to remember that on 4th April we were dead and buried; at least 6 points adrift and people calling the team wasters and worse.

In the space of three an a half weeks they've given us hope; a belief that we can do it. The boys have ALL pulled together and given 100% and you can't ask for more than that. Burchill and his team have done their part; got the boys playing as a team and instilled the belief.

For these reasons, no matter what the result on Saturday, I will be applauding the team off the field. It may be that it wont be the end of our season and we have another four games to go but that's still more than many of us hoped for on 4th April.

couldn't have put it any better
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 740
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by LiviCub on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm feeling lucky: 3-1 AM victory, FG 17 mins.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Afro wrote:Maybe I'm erring on the side of caution or maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I doubt our game will be a walkover by any means. I don't imagine Queens will send out a complete youth side, going by what their fans are saying, guys like Russell will be playing, and in truth, they'd probably be challenging for a place in our side, if not starting. Their guys will be eager to impress the manager ahead of playing Rangers in the play-offs. If we keep playing with the intensity and desire that we've done so with since the cup final, I couldn't ask for much more. All I would ask of the supporters, is that for one game only, please don't get on the players' backs. This is probably our biggest match in a decade, since the CIS Cup Final I'd say. It's been a shite season but let's get behind the team and get something from this game - play-offs or not, we're fucking staying up.

Read Russell had a concussion after landing on his head and neck, wouldn't think he'd be allowed to play 7 days later, think there is a safety measure in place for anyone getting a head knock that gives them concussion.

If we can't beat a 2nd string QoS we don't deserve to be in this league. I'd imagine it to be like the Hearts 4-1 game where it is tight for a bit then we overpower them and go on a goal spree.

Agree about not getting on our players backs but at home that's what mostly happens, that's why away games are much better because everyone has been supporting the team and they have responded by getting results.

avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Smithy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Great point Lf really the support at away games especially recently at Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy. The fans were brilliant and as you say it gives the players a lift. That's how a football club should be.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Smithy wrote:Great point Lf really the support at away games especially recently at Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy. The fans were brilliant and as you say it gives the players a lift. That's how a football club should be.

Indeed - they even got me to "stand up for the Livingston" on Saturday. Mind you we were winning by about 3 goals at the time.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:23 pm

As Afro mentioned on the Raith thread Burchill has a selection headache going into this game, all in a good way though as it is who to play and who to leave out for our starting 11, we've a few players deserving a start but they can't all get in.

Sives had a blinding game but Cole and Gallagher have been our best CB pairing this season. If we have Sives starting Cole will prob be in midfield as he's been a key player in either position, but that would prob mean dropping O'Brien.

Then there is our front 2, Hippo and Mullen started with White coming from the bench, same as our cup final and a couple of other games since, or will he go with all 3 starting.

Great problem to have as along with having Glen fit it gives us a strong bench.
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Afro wrote:Maybe I'm erring on the side of caution or maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I doubt our game will be a walkover by any means. I don't imagine Queens will send out a complete youth side, going by what their fans are saying, guys like Russell will be playing, and in truth, they'd probably be challenging for a place in our side, if not starting. Their guys will be eager to impress the manager ahead of playing Rangers in the play-offs. If we keep playing with the intensity and desire that we've done so with since the cup final, I couldn't ask for much more. All I would ask of the supporters, is that for one game only, please don't get on the players' backs. This is probably our biggest match in a decade, since the CIS Cup Final I'd say. It's been a shite season but let's get behind the team and get something from this game - play-offs or not, we're fucking staying up.

This. A million times this.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 am

Referee is:
William Collum

Assisted by:
Raymond Whyte David Burns (Ayrshire)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/41.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Friday%201st%20-%20Tuesday%205th%20May%202015.pdf


God help us all:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/hotline/sports-hotline-live-motherwell-st-4923418


Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:10 am

Surely the club need to raise a protest (is that even possible)?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/willie-collum-overlooked-for-two-rounds-of-games-1-3659867


http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rotten-refs-new-howler-willie-5587021

or

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/565711/Hibernian-boss-Alan-Stubbs-referee-Willie-Collum

avatar
cptn_hooch

Posts : 90
Join date : 2014-09-15

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by cptn_hooch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:22 am

Durnford wrote:Surely the club need to raise a protest (is that even possible)?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/willie-collum-overlooked-for-two-rounds-of-games-1-3659867


http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rotten-refs-new-howler-willie-5587021

or

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/565711/Hibernian-boss-Alan-Stubbs-referee-Willie-Collum


It's probably possible, I'm sure Celtic appealed the appointment of a certain ref in europe...doubt anything would get done though as we don't play our home games at Ibrox....but the thing with refereeing mistakes is they can go EITHER way....we might be on the better end of 3 penalties....then again....*shudder*

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 am

cptn_hooch wrote:

It's probably possible, I'm sure Celtic appealed the appointment of a certain ref in europe...doubt anything would get done though as we don't play our home games at Ibrox....but the thing with refereeing mistakes is they can go EITHER way....we might be on the better end of 3 penalties....then again....*shudder*

Ahem - we're playing a team with Iain Russell probably in the side.

Willie Collum this season

31 games
101 yellow cards
12 red cards

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 am



No deja vu please.
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 846
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by LiviLion on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am

Was nervous but excited for this but now that Gollum is the ref I'm just shitting it. He loves to be centre of attention, hopefully in our favour this weekend...
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 am

Better get our goals in early and then try and hang on playing with 9 men.

How is this clown still allowed to ref SPFL games!!!!
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 pm

I think there should be some bonus points in the predictor for how many cards Collum dishes out and how many penalties he'll give to Russell if he plays.

My guess would be 9 yellows and a red, with 2 penalties.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 pm

We have one of the best stoppers of penalties in the league although Russell was pretty effective at taking them or so I recall.

One red, if within the closing stages wouldn't be too bad, unless, of course, its a queens player who gets his marching orders in which case the earlier the better.

Think Mullen and Pittman could get chopped down a number of times and Keaghan for that matter so its not beyond the realms of possibility.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Wur doomed Ah tell ye....doomed!

djs9750

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by djs9750 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Anybody any idea if the Almondvale Suite is going to be open for this game?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Doubt it, they've stopped opening it to the home fans for matches and just use the bar. Only time it gets opened is for Hearts, Hibs or Sevco fans when a big away crowd is guaranteed.

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:27 am

Time for some Churchill I think....

"You ask what is our policy. I will say, it is to wage war with all our might, with all the strength that God can give us, to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime.

"You ask what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory however long and hard the road may be. For without victory there is no survival."

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

"We have surmounted all the perils and endured all the agonies of the past. We shall provide against and thus prevail over the dangers and problems of the future, withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe. All will be well. We have, I believe, within us the life-strength and guiding light by which the tormented world around us may find the harbour of safety, after a storm-beaten voyage."

Sponsored content

Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 am