Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

ianlivi

Re: Transfer Rumours, Players In/Out

Post by ianlivi on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Callum Carson on twitter saying after a meet with Burchill he advised that he will be signing contract in 48 hours reason for delay is holidays!
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:40 pm

This is like seeing the love of your life going out with some absolute goon that you cannot stand. Another sad day - this is absolutely grim. Sad </3
Smithy

Post by Smithy on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 pm

It would now appear it was a reckless decision to let Rutherford go , certainly thought the young lad had potential.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 pm

ianlivi wrote:Callum Carson on twitter saying after a meet with Burchill he advised that he will be signing contract in 48 hours reason for delay is holidays!

Hopefully that means the embargo will have been lifted if Burchill is signing as player manager, then there will be names announced on the OS he's signed too.

Smithy wrote:It would now appear it was a reckless decision to let Rutherford go , certainly thought the young lad had potential.

We'll have to wait until we see who he brings in as LB before making our minds up on that one. If it is because we've cut the wage bill again and can't afford them then I fear we'll be relying on Burchill to pull out some great finds on the cheap or end up with low quality players.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 am

Can't believe he didn't get an offer from our division.

My Pars supporting work mate asked about him after the signing was announced & to say I was gutted is an understatement.

As things stand we must be favourites for the drop.

I'd say the transfer embargo is worse than a 5 point deduction.

I'm also convinced a transfer embargo is restraint of trade.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Can't believe he didn't get an offer from our division.

My Pars supporting work mate asked about him after the signing was announced & to say I was gutted is an understatement.

We would win our case if we went to court over it Bertie, hence why footballing authorities place rules on clubs agreeing to adhere to their rules and keeping everything in house. Sevco would still prob take them to court though, or threaten to, that's why they lifted it for McCoist to get players in and then placed it back on again.

Getting ridiculous now, just wondering what'll happen next if we go into the season and can't field a team, will they make up some punishment saying if we can't field a team we'll get kicked out the league, or put us down to league 2 then lift the embargo a week before the season kicks off. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

This is like watching the proverbial pot to see when it has boiled coming on here each day to see if our embargo has been lifted. Burchill is just as frustrated:
Nevertheless, he couldn’t conceal his frustrations at being left with little to do on the player recruitment front.

“I’ve already lost out on players, I’m not going to lie,” he revealed. “I’ve spoken to players who have then gone and signed somewhere else but that’s the way it goes. It’s the position that we are in.
“I’ve got various positions where I have my target one, target two, target three and so on, but the longer it goes, targets one, two and three are gone.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/mark-burchill-will-sign-as-livingston-boss-1-3796165
Smithy

Post by Smithy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Burchill saying give me ten minutes with a player and He will sign for Livi don't think so Mark ot certainly didn't work with Jason did it and you probably had more than ten minutes. Time for Burchy to stop mouthing off rubbish and realise we are in a mess.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Smithy wrote:Burchill saying give me ten minutes with a player and He will sign for Livi  don't think so Mark ot certainly didn't work with Jason did it and you probably had more than ten minutes.  Time for Burchy to stop mouthing off rubbish and realise we are in a mess.

Found that a bit weird too, what exactly can we offer? Would need closer to 10 days than 10 minutes to convince someone to join our circus.
Smithy

Post by Smithy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Have to say that statement of his riled me when he couldn't even persuade Jason to stay. Total bullocks from our manager just like the mess we are in.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Livingston manager Mark Burchill believes the club is at "the end of a mess" as he waits for the green light from the SFA to start signing players for next season.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/1322580-mark-burchill-admits-livingston-fc-mess-as-club-waits-for-end-to-embargo/?

Neil McGlade from the EEN has tweeted that there are no updates regarding our embargo being lifted, and the evidence is still under review.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Bunch of pricks the SFA. I really wish they'd fuck off and die.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Smithy wrote:Have to say that statement of his riled me when he couldn't even persuade Jason to stay. Total bullocks from our manager just like the mess we are in.

He can persuade as many players as he wants to say they'll sign for us but until the embargo is lifted then we can't sign them and any club can come along and offer them a deal to take them instead. Players aren't likely to knock back a def signing waiting on Livi's embargo being lifted, Burchill has said he's already lost players to other clubs.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:25 am

Liviforever wrote:

We would win our case if we went to court over it Bertie, hence why footballing authorities place rules on clubs agreeing to adhere to their rules and keeping everything in house. Sevco would still prob take them to court though, or threaten to, that's why they lifted it for McCoist to get players in and then placed it back on again.

Getting ridiculous now, just wondering what'll happen next if we go into the season and can't field a team, will they make up some punishment saying if we can't field a team we'll get kicked out the league, or put us down to league 2 then lift the embargo a week before the season kicks off. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Did I not say at the end of the season that I would not believe we were definitely still in the second tier until the new season kicked off? I see you are coming round to my way of thinking! Laughing
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
Liviforever wrote:

Did I not say at the end of the season that I would not believe we were definitely still in the second tier until the new season kicked off? I see you are coming round to my way of thinking! Laughing

Yeah the longer this drags on it feels like they've got this planned for us and are delaying it for as long a possible so we can't field a team to compete in the league.
They screwed us over with the demotion to the 3rd div before putting the bond pish on when they knew it couldn't be paid by McDougall with us still being in administration, and McGruther the administrator wasn't going to pay it. Then made out it wasn't a demotion, we could've paid the bond and stayed in the 1st div. The SFA are a bunch of sleekit incompetent arseholes.

Or I'm just getting paranoid. Suspect
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 am

Evidence under review for over a week? Right enough.

The SFA could literally not give a fuck about this case, the bunch of arseholes.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Evidence under review for over a week? Right enough.

The SFA could literally not give a fuck about this case, the bunch of arseholes.

Or maybe the evidence we provided wasn't conclusive enough?

If so maybe they've already responded asking for further clarification?

When the matter is this important you would hope that the club would put together a full and complete professional submission ensuring that there was no ambiguity whatsoever. If there was and the SFA or whoever lifted the embargo then they'd be open to a challenge by Cowdenbeath who will no doubt argue that we should be demoted instead of them?

However incompetent the SFA may be, and they are, this mess really is all of our own making.

[ducks for cover waiting for the barrage of insults]

Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Don't agree the embargo is justified as a punishment though D, not when most of our players contracts ran out and we haven't enough left to compete in the new season. Something the SFA agreed Sevco weren't able to do under an embargo when they lifted it allowing McCoist to bring in players. He actually had a squad of players signed but his argument was they needed to bring in more to be able to compete fairly (cough splutter choke). So he was allowed to sign some quality ones that were strengthening them for the next again season in a higher league once they gained promotion and would still be under the embargo.

Us having only 3 registered players should make it patently obv we can't field a competitive team, we can't field a team at all, and that is down to the embargo which the SFA wont lift.

As for Cowden having a claim to stay up, we were under the embargo when they were relegated, that season is gone and done, this is now us being restricted from playing in the forthcoming season. How is that fair?

Lets cut the bullshit here from the SFA, their punishment wouldn't be implementing an embargo, stopping us from having a team to play football in the Championship means we can't fulfil our fixtures, so down we go? Those tosspots are doing the same thing they did with the bond and disguising their punishment to look as if it is all our fault for being demoted. Which makes you think demotion would seem to be too harsh a punishment for them to place so they've concocted this scheme to demote us without them being directly responsible.

Can just see it now,

SFA) you can't fulfil your fixtures so you can't play in the Championship,

Livi) erm well we can't fulfil our fixtures in any league without a team,

SFA) aye but we'll remove the embargo so you can sign players and play in _____ (league 1 or 2).  

Livi) Erm excuse me you SFA *expletive beginning with a C* why not just remove it so we can play in the Championship?

SFA) Just because.

Livi) WTF?

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Liviforever wrote:Don't agree the embargo is justified as a punishment though D, not when most of our players contracts ran out and we haven't enough left to compete in the new season. Something the SFA agreed Sevco weren't able to do under an embargo when they lifted it allowing McCoist to bring in players. He actually had a squad of players signed but his argument was they needed to bring in more to be able to compete fairly (cough splutter choke). So he was allowed to sign some quality ones that were strengthening them for the next again season in a higher league once they gained promotion and would still be under the embargo.

Us having only 3 registered players should make it patently obv we can't field a competitive team, we can't field a team at all, and that is down to the embargo which the SFA wont lift.

As for Cowden having a claim to stay up, we were under the embargo when they were relegated, that season is gone and done, this is now us being restricted from playing in the forthcoming season. How is that fair?

Lets cut the bullshit here from the SFA, their punishment wouldn't be implementing an embargo, stopping us from having a team to play football in the Championship means we can't fulfil our fixtures, so down we go? Those tosspots are doing the same thing they did with the bond and disguising their punishment to look as if it is all our fault for being demoted. Which makes you think demotion would seem to be too harsh a punishment for them to place so they've concocted this scheme to demote us without them being directly responsible.

Can just see it now,

SFA) aye but we'll remove the embargo so you can sign players and play in _____ (league 1 or 2).  

Livi) Erm excuse me you SFA *expletive beginning with a C* why not just remove it so we can play in the Championship?

SFA) Just because.

Livi) WTF?

Whether it was justified is actually a different argument though; actually didn't we get punished twice for the same "offence" by two different organisations? How is that fair?

My point is that when dealing with such bureaucracy you can dig your heals in and fight your corner but not if you are up against it time wise. In the latter circumstance you make sure everything is crystal clear so that a four year old could understand it; passing x shares to 3 different people without clarity of money changing hands, and directors loans outstanding, and still having you're mouthpiece on the board is not entirely clear.

Maybe I'm being unfair and the club's submission has covered all these items but I do feel that Rankine's connection with East Fife was more tenuous and they still found a case to answer.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

The thing that really pee's me off apart from the obvious is that its started to make me sound more and more like Bertie.

Gawd damn you SFA!

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Former West Lothian Council Deputy Chief Executive Gordon Ford OBE is Livingston FC's new majority shareholder.

Ford now has 40% of the club's shares. Neil Hogarth and Graham Leslie have both purchased 20%. Ged Nixon still holds 20%.
Callum Carson wrote:I spoke with Gordon Ford this morning and there will be more info in tomorrow's Courier.

ianlivi

Post by ianlivi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:30 pm

just seen this:

Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 · 1 hr1 hour ago
I spoke with Gordon Ford this morning and there will be more info in tomorrow's Courier.

Callum Carson ‏@CallumCarson34 · 1 hr1 hour ago
Ford now has 40% of the club's shares. Neil Hogarth and Graham Leslie have both purchased 20%. Ged Nixon still holds 20%.

Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Ok so thats 100 percent of the share accounted for i was under the impression GM was director and a shareholder ? Also shares have a monetary value so there will be a paper trail showing the transfer of the shares. If this is all established surely we can move forward and have the transfer embargo listed asap.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Don't agree the embargo is justified as a punishment though D, not when most of our players contracts ran out and we haven't enough left to compete in the new season. Something the SFA agreed Sevco weren't able to do under an embargo when they lifted it allowing McCoist to bring in players. He actually had a squad of players signed but his argument was they needed to bring in more to be able to compete fairly (cough splutter choke). So he was allowed to sign some quality ones that were strengthening them for the next again season in a higher league once they gained promotion and would still be under the embargo.

Can just see it now,

SFA) Just because.

Livi) WTF?

Whether it was justified is actually a different argument though; actually didn't we get punished twice for the same "offence" by two different organisations? How is that fair?

My point is that when dealing with such bureaucracy you can dig your heals in and fight your corner but not if you are up against it time wise. In the latter circumstance you make sure everything is crystal clear so that a four year old could understand it; passing x shares to 3 different people without clarity of money changing hands, and directors loans outstanding, and still having you're mouthpiece on the board is not entirely clear.

Maybe I'm being unfair and the club's submission has covered all these items but I do feel that Rankine's connection with East Fife was more tenuous and they still found a  case to answer.

What I mean is having an embargo during the season to stop you strengthening your squad is fair enough, but still having it on post season when players have all gone out of contract can't be right, they're actually deliberately stopping a member club from being able to fulfil its fixtures and compete in the league. How the hell can that be in any way acceptable as a punishment! Also could be putting players out of work which again can't be right for an organisation that should be about looking out for the best interests of players and clubs. The SFA seem to be more about punishing clubs , players and managers with fines than anything else, well apart from going on jolly boys outings and hospitality doos.

If they still deem Livi as breaking rules then as they did with Sevco they should lift the embargo so we can at least put a squad together to fairly compete in the league, then placing it back on so we can't add to it during the season, that would be far more sensible of the SFA.

Going on the info from the recent posts it doesn't look like Rankine has any ties to Livi except for being owed money, same as in the Dumbarton case they found to be acceptable, and the SFA are just dragging their heels on lifting the embargo.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm

I agree with Durnford to a certain extent that it clearly is our fault but it just seems ridiculous that the saga is being drawn out this long when the work clearly has been done on our side to clear what I'd say is a highly exaggerated conflict of interest from a guy who puts money into troubled clubs.

They should be bending over backwards to sort this issue now that we've gone out of our way to sort the ownership issue (how many people tend to want to bid for football clubs?) and it just seems like they aren't trying their arse. They're contributing to extending a loss of earnings and competitiveness.

I hope Afro won't mind me changing the thread title to encapsulate the whole discussion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 pm