Big Trouble in Carmondean

Liviforever

Big Trouble in Carmondean

Post by Liviforever on Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 am

Was having a few pints in the Saltire tonight and a hulabaloo across the road broke out with about 10 police cars, 3 vans, 5 fire engines, 3 ambulnaces going past.

All I can find out is on facebook, the bookies was robbed and a woman had something sprayed in her face.

Was like all hell was breaking loose watching all these emergency services going past the pub window.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Re: Big Trouble in Carmondean

Post by Lexi Collector on Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Last time I was in the Saltire I watched a dog knock a ladies glass of wine off the table at about half past 11 on a Saturday night. Other than that it's not a bad boozer, probably the 2nd best on Livi.

Hate how it looks on to that Morrisons car park though. Ruins the atmosphere.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon May 11, 2015 1:03 am

Last night it looked onto a car park full of emergency vehicles. Should've taken pics of all the unmarked police cars that went past the pub window for future reference.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon May 11, 2015 11:44 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Last time I was in the Saltire I watched a dog knock a ladies glass of wine off the table at about half past 11 on a Saturday night. Other than that it's not a bad boozer, probably the 2nd best on Livi.

Hate how it looks on to that Morrisons car park though. Ruins the atmosphere.

There's a good pub in Livingston???

Seven Oaks used to be good until Alex left

Bankton House Hotel was okay until about 10 years ago when they started watering their beer and putting the prices up.

Lime Kiln does a decent pint if you can actually get a member of staff to serve you. The other pubs in the centre are very poor.

Livi Inn suffers from poor service like the Lime Kiln (unless you're a regular) but without the decent beer.

Basically if I want a few beers I end up going outside Livingston to Mid or West Calder (e.g. Black Bull / Railway Hotel etc.)

Saltire is okay provide you miss Karaoke night.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 am

Liviforever wrote:Last night it looked onto a car park full of emergency vehicles. Should've taken pics of all the unmarked police cars that went past the pub window for future reference.

Suspect the "unmarked cars" would be CID rather than traffic patrols so I'm not sure it would do you much good
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon May 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Unless I was being tailed for a drugs bust. Suspect

Aye the Karaoke is a pain on the ears, could do without them sticking loud music on when you just want a nice pint and a conversation. The guy that serves in there is really good though, great service and knows exactly who's next to get served.

They've had a few who were murder, wandered about skiving and no clue who to serve or even make eye contact to see who wants serving, there was one lass would rather fart about with the tv remote putting on a music channel that serve folk. Thankfully all those useless bar staff are gone and now they've got a guy that is right on the ball.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Sat May 16, 2015 8:47 pm

If you want to get fit, get a job behind the bar in the Saltire. All you'll end up doing is shuttles between the two bars, as some utter moron is melted across the coupon and then races round the front of the pub to get in the other door.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:28 pm