Energy Assets

Lexi Collector
Admin

Energy Assets

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Have pulled the plug.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-energy-assets/

So obviously we stand to lose revenue here. But why now? I have no idea how easy it will be for the club to find an adequate replacement. Also, surely this means we'll need a new sponsorship for out kit meaning anyone who has already bought this seasons jersey will be going round with a dated strip before the season has even begun?
Afro

Re: Energy Assets

Post by Afro on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 pm

I'd imagine this means we won't be seeing a hefty chunk of sponsorship money unless a new sponsor is found... Like Lexi says, bizarre timing, and I have no doubt it is linked to the whole McDougall debacle.

Curious to see if another sponsor is lined up. Hopefully nothing woefully tacky.
Afro

Post by Afro on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Actually, I wonder if this has anything to do with Gallagher being back at the club? Didn't hit me initially but thinking about it I could see sponsors taking umbridge at a convict being back in the playing staff so soon.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Afro wrote:Actually, I wonder if this has anything to do with Gallagher being back at the club? Didn't hit me initially but thinking about it I could see sponsors taking umbridge at a convict being back in the playing staff so soon.

That was my initial thought, as it's been fairly well documented in the press. For what it's worth I think Gallagher is a great player and I like him, but he isn't worth having our main sponsor pull the plug at a stage like this. There's definitely a reason like this behind it - absolutely no chance they've sacked the deal in late July just because they suddenly feel like it. It's hard not to imagine that a deal which covers shirt & stadium naming rights sponsorship isn't worth a significant amount to the club. Low crowds, poor season ticket sales, skint shareholders and a full-time squad which is one of the largest in the division. I know our guys aren't on much, but even I'm saying this is a bit of a financial disaster and holds absolutely no liquidity whatsoever.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:17 am

It says they have honoured the existing agreement in full....that suggests they have paid up all the money they were due to pay for this season & we have the opportunity to get further income from any new sponsor.

And they have not pulled away entirely as they are still involved with the youth foundation.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 am

The Lidl Stadium anybody? Must be doing alright building a new shop next door to us.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 am

Blaming this on Gallagher is plain silly; apart from the fact that he was already a player for us last season when the agreement was signed and his court case was already well documented. Also if sponsors were to pull out because there was a player on the books with an assault charge against them Hibs; Rangers and the two Dundee clubs would spend most of the time without a sponsor.

Also in spite of him appearing in the team photo it appears that Gallagher is not a member of the team and unlikely to be so until the McDougall situation is sorted out.

The Martindale involvement is probably a lot more damaging but I think the reason is a lot more straightforward.

Energy Assets have just acquired another company which turns them from a local to a national (UK wide) company. Having their name appearing on the STV article with opening lines like "There's more financial chaos at the ENERGY ASSETS arena....."

Now we all know its just the name of the stadium but people receiving sales calls about smart metering are going to remember the name Energy Assets linked with Financial Chaos.

Under the circumstances I would expect their board of directors opted to pay up for the complete season but wanted their name removed from the sponsorship?

Presumably we may be able to sign up another sponsorship deal although the marketability of such a deal linked with financial chaos is undoubtedly going to impact on how much we can get. Also without a commercial team any more who's going to negotiate?

Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Bad press/publicity over finances isn't just affecting the fans coming to the games then, it is also making it difficult to attract investors, sponsors etc, or even keep the ones we've got.

Until we get all this crap sorted we're swimming against the tide, really need a season of no off field troubles followed by some continuity from the playing staff through to the team, then we'll be seen to have some stability at the club. Which would then give us a chance of bringing a decent crowd back to our games.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:Bad press/publicity over finances isn't just affecting the fans coming to the games then, it is also making it difficult to attract investors, sponsors etc, or even keep the ones we've got.

Until we get all this crap sorted we're swimming against the tide, really need a season of no off field troubles followed by some continuity from the playing staff through to the team, then we'll be seen to have some stability at the club. Which would then give us a chance of bringing a decent crowd back to our games.

You wont get any arguments from me on that score; wouldn't it be great to complete a closed season without one crisis or another?

On the positive side its good to see that Energy Assets want to retain their association with the club by continuing to sponsor the youth system; just not have their name negatively splattered all over the media.

UPDATE - notice that Football Nations seem to have stopped selling the Livingston top for the moment. Clicking the "shirts" link only brings up shorts and socks.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm

That will be because the will have withdrawn the shirts with Energy Assets name on them.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:34 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:That will be because the will have withdrawn the shirts with Energy Assets name on them.

Indeed; seems a bit extreme though unless Energy Assets have paid to get them removed from stock?
Achilles

Post by Achilles on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 am

As has been said before, they have honoured the full agreement, meaning they have paid the money in full. So we are not out of pocket for any of this. If anything, it might be a blessing in disguise, if we can get another sponsor in, we are quids in, pay off McDougall and perhaps some of our debt.
Lets get a decent sponsor and refuse to rename the stadium the fucking "Harvey Nics Megadome" or whatever they come up with next
Afro

Post by Afro on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Just catching up with everything that's been happening.

Nobody's blaming Gallagher for this Durnford, but I do believe it will have played a part in their decision. The overriding factor at play here would appear to be McDougall being punted, though. It's obviously a massive incovenience to the club on several levels: on a public level, it's more bad press; financially, it's likely to have had an effect in some shape or form; and on a practical level, replica shirts and the squad's kit will have to be reprinted with a new sponsor (if we do indeed get one). Who's going to pay for the new kit? Bearing in mind that one of the big points to come out of the recent supporters meeting with Burchill and Ford was the price of the kit...

I'm intrigued to see who the club bring in in terms of sponsors and what they can offer the club. IIRC the club no longer has any marketing staff so no doubt this will have a bearing on the calibre we can attract.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:09 pm

We may not even get another sponsor this season but at least having the deal paid in full we are no worse off.

IMO the club should approach either long established businesses in the area, I'd even say try Sky, with some Livi games likely to appear on Alba, they might fancy the idea of a rival company promoting them. Or they should try new names in the area, like Ed's Diner, it's not a well known chain so they could be looking for some advertising opportunities
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Unless we've another sponsor lined up why bother taking EA off the shirts at all, the club has been paid up to next season by EA so unless they're paying us to remove their name why go to the expense of doing so?

Dunno if we've still Motorola and Intelligence Finance on the stadium somewhere, don't really pay attention when I sit down but can remember seeing their names for years after we weren't sponsored by them. Didn't seem to bother any of our owners over the years that we had those names on the stadium boarding or seats., prob still got them.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Looks like a sponsor will be announced tomorrow, unless there's another reason for relaunching the kit...

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/kit-relaunch-tomorrow/

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:42 pm

LiviLion wrote:Looks like a sponsor will be announced tomorrow, unless there's another reason for relaunching the kit...

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/kit-relaunch-tomorrow/

Sneak Preview:

HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Have a feeling our new sponsor will be Domino's
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:34 pm

The above wouldn't surprise me.

Alphabet Inc. the second most likely.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:02 pm

It would seem a bit weird to announce a re-launch if it is just the unbranded kit, so it looks like a new sponsorship deal is in the offing, which if true & with the old deal being honoured financially then it would seem a bit more dosh is heading to the club coffers...possible opportunity to settle with McD perhaps...or will signing an experienced midfielder be the priority?
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:03 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:The above wouldn't surprise me.

Alphabet Inc. the second most likely.

As in the Google parent company? I presume you're tongue is firmly in your cheek?

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Meant to be a significant breaking news story in tomorrow's courier.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Durnford wrote:Meant to be a significant breaking news story in tomorrow's courier.

I get nervous when I see the words BREAKING NEWS on our OS, CLUB STATEMENT is even worse.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:23 am

Krafty Brew it is then.

Sponsors
Smithy

Post by Smithy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 am

Krafty Brew the new sponsors, now get Hugo Faria signed please

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content