Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Share
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 882
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by LiviLion on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Draw on Thursday at 2:30pm

Seeded
Celtic
Aberdeen
Inverness
St Johnstone
Dundee Utd
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Motherwell


Killie at home would give us a decent chance at getting through, Celtic away would be the best tie financially though.


Last edited by LiviLion on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 pm

LiviLion wrote:Draw on Thursday at 2:30pm

Seeded
Celtic
Aberdeen
Inverness
St Johnstone
Dundee Utd
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Motherwell


Killie at home would give us a decent chance at getting through, Celtic away would be the best tie financially though.

So will probably be Ross County away then
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 am

Kilmarnock or Inverness away please. Or Celtic for more monies.

St Johnstone or Ross County would be truly stinking.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 am

Inverness at home, they've lost a lot of their best players and are getting caught out now with the trying to play it out of defence Hughes footballing philosophy. Was quite funny reading their fans online complaining about the Barca style football getting them in trouble and losing cheap goals, so reminded me of Livi under Hughes.


Aberdeen away would be fun, prob get slaughtered but a good away day and you never know, we've a good record of doing well against them in cups.
avatar
Achilles

Posts : 191
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Achilles on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 am

Anyone at home, mind it will be a midweek game so places like Inverness, Killie etc would be a nightmare to get to after work
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:34 am

I have weeks left of annual leave so something like this would give me an excuse to use it lol.

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Simple fact is that Celtic away with a potential full house would generate a 50/50 income less expenses of around £250k. That alone would pay off McDougall or Nixon.

Losing 1-0 to ICT would generate diddly squat!
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:52 pm

We'd beat Caley though. Very Happy

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Liviforever wrote:We'd beat Caley though. Very Happy

We SHOULD have beaten Raith
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Home to ICT so I can shout abuse at Hughes.

Pls.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Durnford wrote:
Liviforever wrote:We'd beat Caley though. Very Happy

We SHOULD have beaten Raith

This is a cup game though, we've beaten QoS & St Mirren in the cups, bet you had us down as losing to both of them too.

forzalfc

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-01-28

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by forzalfc on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Would've liked an away tie to Aberdeen or County but bearing in mind it's midweek then a home tie against Killie/ Caley would be the best shout for getting to the next round. Celtic away can wait.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 753
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by LiviCub on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Let's face it, it's gonna be St Johnstone away.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:01 am

What's the odds in us getting Hibs in a double header in Sept.
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 882
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by LiviLion on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 am

Liviforever wrote:What's the odds in us getting Hibs in a double header in Sept.

Probably very long considering we're both seeded Wink

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 am

LiviLion wrote:
Liviforever wrote:What's the odds in us getting Hibs in a double header in Sept.

Probably very long considering we're both seeded Wink

Actually aren't we both unseeded? But as we're drawn against a seeded team the outcome is presumably the same?

Seeded clubs and numbers
1 Celtic
2 Aberdeen
3 Inverness Caley Thistle
4 St Johnstone
5 Dundee United
6 Ross County
7 Kilmarnock
8 Motherwell

Unseeded clubs and numbers
9 Heart of Midlothian
10 Hibernian
11 Rangers
12 Falkirk
13 raif
14 Livingston
15 Morton
16 Dunfermline Athletic
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 882
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by LiviLion on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Durnford wrote:
LiviLion wrote:
Liviforever wrote:What's the odds in us getting Hibs in a double header in Sept.

Probably very long considering we're both seeded Wink

Actually aren't we both unseeded? But as we're drawn against a seeded team the outcome is presumably the same?

Seeded clubs and numbers
1 Celtic
2 Aberdeen
3 Inverness Caley Thistle
4 St Johnstone
5 Dundee United
6 Ross County
7 Kilmarnock
8 Motherwell

Unseeded clubs and numbers
9 Heart of Midlothian
10 Hibernian
11 Rangers
12 Falkirk
13 raif
14 Livingston
15 Morton
16 Dunfermline Athletic

Aye that's what I meant haha.

Anyway, draw can be watched live on the BBC website apparently: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/34072065


Last edited by LiviLion on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:06 pm

From a progression purpose I suppose Hearts v Celtic and Aberdeen v the rangers would be a pretty good start.

Moving on maybe Dunfermline v Dundee Utd; Falkirk v St. Johnstone and Hibs v Motherwell....?


forzalfc

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-01-28

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by forzalfc on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Strongest unseeded pot I think I've ever seen. Quite glad to avoid Huns, Hibs, Hearts & Pars...

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:11 pm

forzalfc wrote:Strongest unseeded pot I think I've ever seen. Quite glad to avoid Huns, Hibs, Hearts & Pars...

Agreed - its almost a case of which group is actually the seeded one.
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 882
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by LiviLion on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Home to Inverness, not the worse we could have got.

Durnford

Posts : 797
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Durnford on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:33 pm

avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Liviforever wrote:Inverness at home, they've lost a lot of their best players and are getting caught out now with the trying to play it out of defence Hughes footballing philosophy. Was quite funny reading their fans online complaining about the Barca style football getting them in trouble and losing cheap goals, so reminded me of Livi under Hughes.


Aberdeen away would be fun, prob get slaughtered but a good away day and you never know, we've a good record of doing well against them in cups.

Lexi Collector wrote:Home to ICT so I can shout abuse at Hughes.




Pls.


cheers cheers cheers

Bring it on. bounce
avatar
orco

Posts : 426
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by orco on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:13 pm

My night would be made if we actually managed to score at least one goal by nicking it off defenders passing it across the back. Smile
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Liviforever on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:19 pm

orco wrote:My night would be made if we actually managed to score at least one goal by nicking it off defenders passing it across the back. Smile

I read their Accies match thread on Caley online fans forum, mirrors his time at Livi with the Barca style shite trying to play it out of defence and getting mugged. Hope Burchill tells our players to stay in their half when their keeper has the ball and wait for him to roll it out to a CB.


Posted Saturday at 6:15 PM



Not good today. I think we tried to be way too clever in distribution and just seemed to always end up giving the ball away before it went anywhere worth watching. Both Hamilton goals came from ICT mis-passes

As against Motherwell and Celtic, the goals were of the soft variety. I'm all for the passing game, but there's a time and a place. Right now we have a makeshift team full of guys playing out of position. Why are we still trying to play like Barcelona? Almost every goal we've conceded recently has been self inflicted. Overplaying under pressure and turning over possession in a dangerous area. Today was no different.

Sponsored content

Re: Livi v ICT - League Cup 3rd Round

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 am