Livi v Morton

Share
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Some valid points there Afro, but I would tend to blame DJ more than Dec on the 1st, Dec has to do something as he has the attacker on his tail. And I don't think he looks for DJ thinking that he is playing the ball so DJ has to provide an angle to give Dec an out ball for DJ to clear. DJ comes haring out eventually as if he thinks Dec is an attacker breaking through.

Dec does get ripped for the second but he is isolated with none of his team mates exactly busting a gut to get back to help him and DJ makes a feeble attempt to save it.
avatar
orco

Posts : 404
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by orco on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Liviforever wrote:

How the ref saw that as anything other than a trip I don't know, he's looking from the same angle as the camera too and was a def yellow card. Really should have appealed that.

Can barely bring myself to watch our defending for all Morton's goals, we're caught posting missing for 3 of them and Gallagher's keystone cop pass back should win him a prize on some funniest goals conceded show. DJ should've also saved their 2nd, nightmare in goals. Great strike for Sheerin's goal though, and White's knock down for the assist.

The fact that the Morton player rolled over 5 times before stopping to rub his leg will have helped the ref make up his mind. I always feel that excessive rolling indicates only that the player is not hurt. IIRC he didn't even need the trainer on.
It was a foul and deserved a yellow card. The red that was given ruined the game.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:20 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Some valid points there Afro, but I would tend to blame DJ more than Dec on the 1st, Dec has to do something as he has the attacker on his tail. And I don't think he looks for DJ thinking that he is playing the ball so DJ has to provide an angle to give Dec an out ball for DJ to clear. DJ comes haring out eventually as if he thinks Dec is an attacker breaking through.

Dec does get ripped for the second but he is isolated with none of his team mates exactly busting a gut to get back to help him and DJ makes a feeble attempt to save it.

Should Gallagher not just put it out for a corner and played it safe then, you blamed Gordon for not heading it out the other week, for me this is even more obv that it shouldn't have been played anywhere near back towards our goal when he was under pressure from their player. Even if DJ had made an angle it was coming back at him with some pace and he'd have been struggling to do anything other than a desperate clearance that could go anywhere. When in doubt kick it out and take no chances.

I like Gallagher's style of football as he tries to play it out of defence rather than just boot it up the park but there are times when you just have to clear the danger and play safe.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:32 am

orco wrote:
Liviforever wrote:

How the ref saw that as anything other than a trip I don't know, he's looking from the same angle as the camera too and was a def yellow card. Really should have appealed that.

Can barely bring myself to watch our defending for all Morton's goals, we're caught posting missing for 3 of them and Gallagher's keystone cop pass back should win him a prize on some funniest goals conceded show. DJ should've also saved their 2nd, nightmare in goals. Great strike for Sheerin's goal though, and White's knock down for the assist.

The fact that the Morton player rolled over 5 times before stopping to rub his leg will have helped the ref make up his mind. I always feel that excessive rolling indicates only that the player is not hurt. IIRC he didn't even need the trainer on.
It was a foul and deserved a yellow card. The red that was given ruined the game.

Aye looks like he'd been shot by a sniper the way he rolled about, was there one on a grassy knoll up bubbles hill?

Durnford

Posts : 757
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Durnford on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 am

Liviforever wrote:
Aye looks like he'd been shot by a sniper the way he rolled about, was there one on a grassy knoll up bubbles hill?

Not forgetting the salmon like leap as well.

Edward snowdon

Posts : 60
Join date : 2014-07-29

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Edward snowdon on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

Some valid points there Afro, but I would tend to blame DJ more than Dec on the 1st, Dec has to do something as he has the attacker on his tail. And I don't think he looks for DJ thinking that he is playing the ball so DJ has to provide an angle to give Dec an out ball for DJ to clear. DJ comes haring out eventually as if he thinks Dec is an attacker breaking through.

Dec does get ripped for the second but he is isolated with none of his team mates exactly busting a gut to get back to help him and DJ makes a feeble attempt to save it.

Should Gallagher not just put it out for a corner and played it safe then, you blamed Gordon for not heading it out the other week, for me this is even more obv that it shouldn't have been played anywhere near back towards our goal when he was under pressure from their player. Even if DJ had made an angle it was coming back at him with some pace and he'd have been struggling to do anything other than a desperate clearance that could go anywhere. When in doubt kick it out and take no chances.

I like Gallagher's style of football as he tries to play it out of defence rather than just boot it up the park but there are times when you just have to clear the danger and play safe.

100 percent this Gallagher should have put it out for a corner then argued with DJ about being off his line or better communication. Im not DJs fan but no way was he to blame for this one
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by EdinburghLivi on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:16 pm

That was painful to watch. The wank of a commentator didn't make it any easier.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Liviforever wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:Some valid points there Afro, but I would tend to blame DJ more than Dec on the 1st, Dec has to do something as he has the attacker on his tail. And I don't think he looks for DJ thinking that he is playing the ball so DJ has to provide an angle to give Dec an out ball for DJ to clear. DJ comes haring out eventually as if he thinks Dec is an attacker breaking through.

Dec does get ripped for the second but he is isolated with none of his team mates exactly busting a gut to get back to help him and DJ makes a feeble attempt to save it.

Should Gallagher not just put it out for a corner and played it safe then, you blamed Gordon for not heading it out the other week, for me this is even more obv that it shouldn't have been played anywhere near back towards our goal when he was under pressure from their player. Even if DJ had made an angle it was coming back at him with some pace and he'd have been struggling to do anything other than a desperate clearance that could go anywhere. When in doubt kick it out and take no chances.

I like Gallagher's style of football as he tries to play it out of defence rather than just boot it up the park but there are times when you just have to clear the danger and play safe.

Certainly an argument can be made that he should have conceded a corner or preferably a throw; but there are differences in the 2 incidents. There was scope for a back pass for DJ to clear IF he had stayed on his line. I think Dec made up his mind to do this but didn't expect DJ to be coming out (he does have previous for this - Mensing og) he would have played it with pace to give DJ the chance to let it run across him and clear it; DJ's rush out meant the combination of the strength of the pass back and his rush made it like the impact velocity in a crash and very little time in between.

Gordon at least was trying to clear it but given the mess in front of goal that he could see, heading out would have allowed reorganisation. Dec could have done the same but I think in his mind there was an option to clear the danger...until DJ rushed out.

I'm not suggesting Dec deserves no blame but I blame DJ more, there was no need to rush out.

ES...if there is no way DJ was to blame, why do you think Dec should have argued with him regarding being off his line?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Players try to put the blame on others all the time Bertie. Laughing

Yeah I'm not saying DJ didn't make a mistake coming for it and looked like both got mixed up communication wise but I don't think Dec should be putting it back across goal when a Morton player is in or around the 18 yard box, far too risky. It's as bad as the keeper rolling the ball out to a defender when a striker is standing off him waiting to pounce, Hughes philosophy of football.

Normally when a player is being pressed and passes it back to the keeper he tries to block off the striker/shield his keeper to give him a bit of time to clear the ball, that wouldn't have been possible with another player running into the box, the one that tapped it in after their mix up.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3716
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:09 pm

I see Pepper got booked for diving today, then sent off for a 2nd yellow in the 2nd half. That's the Morton player that made a meal of Gordon's trip rolling over 5 or 6 times then holding his leg in agony but didn't need the physio to come on.

Sponsored content

Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 am