What Moron decided this?

Bertie Bassett

What Moron decided this?

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:15 pm

What moron decided to put a temporary pedestrian crossing at Harburn Avenue?

The crossing is to help people cross Harburn Avenue at its junction with Deans North Road. It is NOT there to help them cross the busy main road, oh no, it's to help them cross approximately 15' of side street. I have yet to see anyone actually make use of the crossing but I never fail to be stopped by the lights there.

Earlier this week the traffic was backed up to the roundabout at Deans High School because of these pointless traffic lights.

Admittedly, Harburn Avenue can be quite busy as residents leave for or come home from work and any traffic connected with the primary school, while Deans North Rd is usually quite busy but at those times the traffic emerging from Harburn Avenue is at a standstill so pedestrian's can cross the 15' of road quite easily. So what is it all about? And why are the lights at red as often as they are at green?

If it is to foreshadow a permanent pedestrian crossing there again I ask why? If it is to bring in actual traffic lights to help the flow out of Harburn Ave then why pretend that it's a pedestrian controlled crossing? And more importantly, why aren't the pedestrian crossing lights at Deans High School being moved to the turn into the school and THAT road being given a proper light controlled junction?

Rant over, going for a lie down.
Liviforever

Re: What Moron decided this?

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Got held up there yesterday as a car was turning into Harburn ave but the oncoming traffic  was never going to stop to allow him/her across the rd when they'd been waiting on the lights changing. So was only when the lights changed to red the car was able to turn in, then I was stuck waiting on another change of lights. Bit of a mare when the school is coming out too.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:59 pm

It is one of the most ridiculous bits of "roadworks" (haven't actually seen ANYTHING being done) I've ever seen.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 pm

It's away now then, my mum stays in Harburn ave and was a pain in the arse getting in and out of that road. Bad enough with the school runs clogging up that road without putting more things to clog it up.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:37 am

Yeah been away for a while now...thankfully; never saw anyone use it & yet almost always got stopped at it. Used to live in HA West 25-30 years ago...amazes me now to think those have been there that long.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 pm

A year on & I think the same moron authorised modifications of the roundabout at Deans High School.
They have reduced it to single lane access (hasn't been too bad thankfully) but to do road works just as the temperature begins to drop is moronic in the extreme. Frost gets into the ground & the resurfacing work is wasted because it breaks up again very quickly.... It has already started...wasting public money again.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Best bit of road planning I saw on resurfacing roads was in Blackburn, it was quite a number of years back and after digging up the whole main road right through Blackburn and putting down a new surface, they came back a month later to dig around all the manholes they'd covered over and tarring around them making it look all patchy. It was like some carry on film, carry on resurfacing roads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:28 pm