Livi v Dumbarton

Liviforever

Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Liviforever on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

May as well move on from that disaster of a game last week and look ahead to making amends here.

The proverbial rocket up their arses shouldn't really be needed as they must know how shockingly bad they were, the fans certainly let them know, so it should be right in their minds to put in the performance of a lifetime here and get the 3 points.

Dumbarton play to rough you up with pushes in the back and trips to stop us breaking on them so Faria needs to do his stuff and give them some of their own medicine. Our midfield will need to be on their game to make sure the strikers don't get isolated. Hoping we get balls down the wings and hit the bye line so wanting to see Millen on instead of Glen. Would also like to see Sheerin start, should've started against Alloa too I reckon, when it's a blood and snotters type game I'd rather see him in there battling his way through the box.
Bertie Bassett

Re: Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Dumbarton are rocking (no pun intended....ok it WAS intended) & will sit in & hit us on the break as usual.

Livi 0 Dumby 2 fg 24 mins
Achilles

Post by Achilles on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 am

Not sure if I'll go to this game or decide to use my season ticket. Still fuming about Saturday, really can't be arsed with another weekend ruined at the hands of these fucking diddies.

0-1 Dumbarton some players to say "sorry" on Twitter again to make everything ok. Blugh!!

AMF

Post by AMF on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Difficult to call this week. The team may well feel they owe it to themselves and the fans to put on a Barca-esque performance and we go on to win 5-0.
However, the reality will be more like Livi huffing and puffing, playing some neat possession football with no end result, the Sons goalie will be rushed to St Johns with hypothermia due to lack of activity and Livi being beaten 3-0, resulting in Burchills sacking. Hurrah!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:03 am

I think LF pointed out that the last two opposition managers that faced Dumby both resigned...can't see Burchy doing that even if we lose and not so sure he'll get sacked. Until Saturday he seemed to have gotten the spirit of the run-in going again...but as usual when we had a chance to make a huge stride forward we ended up taking two steps back.

Hope springs eternal that we will raise our game again but the problem is you'd daren't believe it until it happens
Smithy

Post by Smithy on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:36 am

Think it will be a close game with Dumbarton sneaking a 2 one victory.
First goal 23 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:23 am

Dumbarton are def favourites for this, on a good run and have just done what we should've been looking to do, won against the teams around them, but if it was us we'd be thinking we'd be due to lose, so on that note I'm going for us to scrape it 2-1, fg 22 mins.

Have no logical reason for this, just a gut feeling we'll scrap it out with them and come away with the points. About time we got the breaks against them, we usually play better than them but fail to stick our chances away then the jammy fecks get a goal from every shot on target, which is usually only one or two.

Saying that we have given them heavy defeats in amongst all our narrow losses, so could be we dish out a 5-1 hammering here if our players show a reaction from last week's embarrassing performance, here's hoping.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Standard Dumbarton victory: early Livingston goal and a half time lead. Failure to close the game out and Dumbarton will score two goals in the final 15 minutes.

2-1 Dumbarton. FG 14 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Just read Callum Carson's twitter saying wee Danny is in full training and could be available for Sat, gives us a good sub to bring on. He ripped them a new arsehole in our 5-1 win last season, lets have a repeat showing Danny boy.
Afro

Post by Afro on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:33 pm

2-0 Dumbarton, FG 32 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 pm

I like it when nobody thinks we're going to win, everyone was too optimistic last week. We're going to maul these diddies, mon the Lions. bounce bounce bounce

Troy

Post by Troy on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:21 pm

I have the same uneasy feeling that Orco had prior to last weeks shambles.Can only hope that our players felt as bad as we did after they left the stadium last week.An ideal time to get the fans back on board tommorow what with Crimbo just around the corner.Gut feeling a draw may have to suffice for the moment.Lets just pretend that we are the wounded animal for a change.First goal crucial.Do it LIVI.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:46 pm

I have a good feeling.

2-0 Livi FG 44 mins. If we don't win, Burchill to be sacked.
orco

Post by orco on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:35 am

I'll settle for every player putting in 100% whatever the outcome.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:38 pm

1-1, FG 29 mins
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Well that was a bit pish.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Mickey mouse tactics. Got what we deserved.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Looks like livilion gets the points.

Better than last week but not by much. We scored and didn't lose. But 1 point from 9 in home games against the 3 teams around us is direct relegation form.

Thankfully we are away next game. I said it last season but I honestly think our stadium gives the opposition a boost and works against us.

I suspect the club can't afford to sack Burchill but I am now of the opinion that he is unable to motivate the team and his tactics aren't working. He also appears to have no clue about using subs to change things up.

We defended the corner badly for the equaliser but it was the least Dumbarton deserved because they were the better side from the moment we went ahead. When we scored we should have kicked on, we didn't and instead resorted to lumping the ball away. Had we held on I would have been happy with the win but disappointed with the performance. But the second half just looked like a matter of time before Dumbarton scored...and as usual they did it late in the game.

forzalfc

Post by forzalfc on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Really can't see past the relegation play-offs for us now.  Think everyone in the ground could see their goal was coming, Burchill just stood with his hands in his pockets and changed nothing.

Brutal.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Not quite true, he brought Mullen on, switched Glen to the left and went to a flat back four. The problem with that was that it did nothing to stem the flow of Dumbarton attacks and did nothing to get the ball to stick up front.

I also think that if it had been our corner and the stramash that followed had been in Dumbarton's goalmouth, the ref would have given a foul to them instead of allowing the goal.i'm not saying it was a foul just that it would have been given as such if we had been on the attack.

AMF

Post by AMF on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Absolutely woeful. Same old Livi gifting teams goals in the closing minutes.
Did Livi honestly come out to defend a 1 goal lead? That second half was similar to last week. Big play on the fact Livi had a full bench but Burchill decides to use one!  Can we afford not to sack Burchill because at this rate it's looking a lot like relegation prospects
fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:12 pm

I can't take much more of this predictable pish.

I'm no master tactician but anybody with eyes could see that the tactics today were just not working. Burchill and Hopkins standing with their arms folded while the team were crying out for Hippolyte or Buchanan is just soul destroying.

Long balls aimlessly lobbed forward to White is just not working, surely MB must see that.

As much as I was pleased to see Danny Mullen back in the team he was surely the wrong replacement in a game as important as this, the guy needs time to get his match sharpness back.

For me that performance is only slightly better than last week's dire fest.

Pissed off badly. Something needs changing pronto or its relegation/play offs,
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Also not quite true.... Burchill's arms were not folded...his hands were in his pockets.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:30 pm

We had no out ball and we sat deep trying to hold onto a one goal lead, crazy tactic got what it deserved.

Sheerin does what he does and worked for our goal as he held off players and played Pittman in for his goal. 2nd half we needed pace up front and should've brought on Buchanan to play off either White or Sheerin. Buchanan has pace, is strong on the ball (Mullen isn't) and can score a goal from being put on the half way line when we're defending set pieces. Apart from that he'd also have given us an out ball and taken it up the pitch to give us a breather. We kept just lumping it up the pitch and seeing it come straight back down again, infuriating to watch.

I've defended Burchill all season but today showed he just doesn't know how to utilise his subs, or even bring all 3 of them on when we've good options sitting on the bench that would've helped win that game.

A point against Dumbarton would've been ok had we wont against Alloa but 1 point from those two games is garbage and I think the only thing that will rescue December from a disaster are wins against St Mirren and QoS, what are the chances of that happening now!!!
Achilles

Post by Achilles on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:21 am

Today was an absolute disgrace. The team came out flying in the first 20 minutes and then went to shit. Same old boring tactics of punting it up to white which is so easy to defend against. 
Looking at Burchill today as I waited for his first sub, he doesn't have a clue what to do. He just kind of stood there as we absorbed a lot of pressure. There was no motivation, tactics, pressure relief, he just stood there. 
It's really getting beyond a joke not beating teams like Dumbarton and even last week against Alloa. The team have shown a number of times this season we are good enough to mingle with the best in the league, so why can't they do it?
People saying, wait till the st Mirren game them judge Burchill, no, by then it's too late. His time is up, thanks very much for the memories of last season, but this season we should be too good to be fighting relegation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:31 am