Declan Gallagher returns to Jail

cptn_hooch

Re: Declan Gallagher returns to Jail

Post by cptn_hooch on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Afro wrote:I had heard that Gallagher was away on trial at Slovan Bratislava. Not sure how true that is given he is just out of jail and what not, but Mark Burchill is that assistant manager there, so maybe some legs to it?

Burchy must be doing some amount of commuting...saw him in Asda in Livi yesterday.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm

He was on a radio football talk show last Sat too, heard him on the way back from Hampden. Dunno what he does at Bratislava but seems to spend a lot of time in Scotland.

Burchill's wiki page has him as assistant coach/manager at Bratislava but I looked on their official website and there is no mention of him in their coaching staff, it has Vladimir Radenkovič as assistant coach.

sunderland

Post by sunderland on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:33 pm

His twitter said he went over to help out / get a swatch at how they worked over there. Think it was only a month or so. So I'm going to call the Gallagher to Slovakia rumour rubbish..
Afro

Post by Afro on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:45 pm

It didn't look too long term, based on my limited Slovakian... Don't shoot the messenger, though.

Can't really understand the clamour to sign him, though. A good player, and would be a standout at this level, but the whole handling of what's went on just lands body blows to the slither of PR the club's got left.

livi96

Post by livi96 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:51 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/victims-fury-bat-thug-footballer-8913959

He's getting out 5 times a week to train with Raith.
Will be interesting to see if Raith put out a statement about this
Afro

Post by Afro on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:05 pm

If they spin it as part of the rehabilitation process then they'll probably be alright, to be honest. We didn't handle it the best, IMO, but Raith will maybe do a better job seeing as he's coming into their club from the outside (or the inside, as it were).

No doubting he's a quality player at that level though and if Raith do sign him after his release they've got a Premiership centre-half there.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:31 pm

After signing De Vita anything is possible. If we got Gallagher in January it would be an amazing piece of business and def win us the league, we'd have everything, a big solid defender who can comfortably bring the ball out of defence and play it up to our midfielders instead of punting it up to our strikers. Good attacking midfielders in Mullin, Cadden and Pittman, and top goal scoreres in Mullen and Buchanan, with Rafa's skill in attack an added bonus.

I can but dream.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 am