QoS v Livi

Bertie Bassett

Re: QoS v Livi

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I'm sure you'll talk yourself into going on Tuesday and staying in the bar or at the kiosk until the game has started Very Happy

...and that's the old LF optimism shining thru; even on our darkest day in footballing terms (rather than financial) since relegation from the top division. cheers
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Hopkin and Martindale can get so far to fuck once this campaign is done. That second half was as shambolic as it can get.
AMC13

Post by AMC13 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Awful second half. Don't know how we can go into half time winning 1-0 so often and then come out in the second half playing like that. Coaching staff are shocking and don't have a clue what they are doing. Martindale is everything that is wrong with that club.

Troy

Post by Troy on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Thing thats dissapointed me personally this season is the amount of times we have surrendered meekly in my view the chances we have had to get ourselves out of this situation.Not just in this game but many others to numerous to mention.As has been said by many others the only importance of these next two games should be not to head into the play offs on the back of a couple of hammerings.Make no mistake the teams we will be facing will definatly fancie their chances against a team who will be severely lacking in confidence both on and off the park by the time we get to those games.Time will tell of course but personally im brickin it .You put us there Livi,get us out of it ,if not for your own sakes then for all us poor buggers that have to put up with this week in week out I M O.!!!
orco

Post by orco on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Disappointed in the effort shown today by some. The game meant nothing to Queens yet they were the ones closing players down and running at us. There seems to be something lacking in the coaching of our guys if they think it is OK to give opposition players time on the ball without challenge.

We need to buck up our ideas for the playoffs or we're down. Sad

ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:57 am

A lot of players yesterday didn't look arsed at all. They don't look like they realise a lot of them probably won't get another full-time contract at another club. I hope the players read these forums and take fan's opinions onboard. If you boys want to be back on the building site next season, keep doing what you're doing.

I hope Hopkin uses the next 2 games to start Currie and Knox, they might be required to step up as we desperately slug our way through the playoffs. No better opportunity to get them experience.
Afro

Post by Afro on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Fair play to the 105 who went down. I would've, but preferred to save the cash for a trip to Stranraer and hopefully one to Ayr/Peterhead... Disappointing to hear we gave up the ghost after the second goal, but not surprised. As soon as I saw it was 1-1 on the scores I knew we'd collapse. Based not just on yesterday but certainly the entire season we've looked timid and totally one-dimensional, sounds like that didn't change yesterday against a side with nothing to play for.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:20 pm

The old cliche is that the final table doesn't lie and each team finishes where it deserves to be. Last season was slightly skewed because of the 5 point deduction. But the warning signs were there in our inability to dominate the part time teams, we did have some good results against them but nowhere near what we should have; we also gave decent accounts of ourselves against the better sides, often as gallant losers. This season has been almost identical but without the benefit of a team as poor as Cowdenbeath. We are finishing 9th because in truth that is our level. And based on current form and confidence levels I do not see us surviving the play offs and we will have to step up a gear or two to even reach the play off final.
orco

Post by orco on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Highlights from the game are on Pie and Bovril. That was one soft penalty. Beany has made getting fouls into an art form. The highlights also show our lacklustre attempts at closing down the opposition.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Bloody hell, is that what they got a penalty for, and we got sod all for the one White got blatantly pushed in the back to stop him heading a goal a few weeks ago against St Mirren, unbelievable from refs this season.

orco

Post by orco on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:16 pm

We've had 4 penalties against us in our last 6 matches. I think we've had 2 penalties all season and we missed one of them. Rolling Eyes
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:05 am

To me the highlights show us being ripped apart time and again. Our goal was well worked and taken but seems to be completely against the run of play. We seem to start the second half better but we're still up against a side that looked like they were desparate to win; but we seemed to riding our luck defensively then a ridiculous penalty decision changed that. The go ahead goal was a bullet header. The 3rd was inability to clear the ball when the chance was there to do so. Sending off looked a bit harsh, presumably a second yellow even though Mullen was fouling him at the half way line.

Looked to me like we were trying but simply beaten by a better team. Highlights can be deceptive of course but I expected to see less effort than I saw based on comments from other posters.
orco

Post by orco on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:45 am

I don't really think it is effort I would criticise, especially on the part of players like Pittman, Whyte Telfer Longridge. It's what they do with that effort. Where QoS had one or two players on ours when they had the ball forcing errors we tend to stand off players then have to run after them. I rarely see Fotheringham, for example, go in for a ball. He did it once on Saturday in the form of a blatant foul which he was never going to get away with. He is a senior player who should be leading by example. Our passing has also been dire all season. These are things that can by worked on by coaching and practice.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Thought we started the game like it was a training match; Queens were always a step ahead and I was amazed not to be going in a goal down let alone a goal up.

A number of the players put in a shift but generally the play was disjointed and wasteful. Kakay failed to make pretty much one positive move forward the whole game; Fotheringham failed to impress and Neil, although good in the air, started to display Simon Mensing'esk ball control.

As for White out on the wing; what a waste.

I liked Sheerins effort earlier in the season but this game really led to the question of whether he's really cut out for this league; I'm not sure he completed one successful pass to one of our own players.

Mullen, when he came on, might have well of not bothered.

At the end we were playing with four forwards and pretty much no midfield.

And the pie I had was rank rotten

Nice journey down though
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:12 pm

This disjointed looking play and players like Sheerin and Kakay being so poor makes me wonder that it is more down to Hopkin than them. Kakay looked good against Dumbarton in his first game and has looked good LM since then. Against Raith he was very poor but looked like he was shackled from pushing forward and it made us one sided and easy to defend against.
Same with Sheerin, he looked good with White earlier when Burchill played him and that was against QoS when we beat them away, since Hopkin took charge he's hardly had a game and just gets thrown on to add another striker but we have no balance when that happens and I don't think it works. No point just chucking on another striker when we take off a player that would supply him with a ball (Telfer).

Don't even get me started with White being put in midfield, this is what worries me going into the play offs, there is no balance to our team, players out of position and others not being allowed to do what they do best, he's going to get us relegated if he does the same set up in the play offs.

Just get a 4-4-2 formation with wingers and a front 2 and we'll score goals, Mullin came with a good rep playing these teams, he should be on the wing with Kakay playing in front of Longridge on the other and White & Buchanan up front. White scored for fun at that level so please don't have him in midfield.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:15 pm

orco wrote:I don't really think it is effort I would criticise, especially on the part of players like Pittman, Whyte Telfer Longridge. It's what they do with that effort. Where QoS had one or two players on ours when they had the ball forcing errors we tend to stand off players then have to run after them. I rarely see Fotheringham, for example, go in for a ball. He did it once on Saturday in the form of a blatant foul which he was never going to get away with. He is a senior player who should be leading by example. Our passing has also been dire all season. These are things that can by worked on by coaching and practice.

Which makes you wonder what they have been doing at training
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Any time I've walked past the stadium it's been like a primary school kick about.

But that's probably because I happen to walk past just before they're finished so just cooling down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:48 am