Time killing question

Durnford

Time killing question

Post by Durnford on Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 am

Over the past five years who do you feel we were wrong to let go on a free/release (not including those that chose to leave)?

Iain Russell - released because we were hopeful of signing Callum Elliot and with that when the guaranteed 12c points against Dumbarton
Danny Denholm - sometimes wondered if he was championship standard but certainly could have done with him this season
Craig Barr - Solid defence
Anthony Andreu - believe we tried to re-sign him after Hamilton were interested but only after he was released
David Robertson - he got very little play time with us but always added some real drive to the midfield
LiviLion

Re: Time killing question

Post by LiviLion on Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 am

I'd add Keaghan Jacobs and Jesus Garcia Tena to that list.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed May 04, 2016 10:29 am

LiviLion wrote:I'd add Keaghan Jacobs and Jesus Garcia Tena to that list.

Keaghan would certainly be on the list had he not decided to leave and move back to South Africa. You're probably right about Jesus being released though - the subsequent season we had Gallagher and Fordyce in defence but precious little cover (particularly bearing in mind how many yellow cards Fordyce kept picking up) so you're probably right in that we should have kept him on.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed May 04, 2016 11:48 am

All good shouts, particularly Andreu, Garcia Tena, Keaghan and Russell. Couple of left-wing suggestions:

Devon Jacobs - The best RB we've had in the last five years, I think he would've only got better if he was brought up with us to the First Division. Just look at the replacements since: Jonathan Brown, Kevin McCann, Mike Mampuya and Ross Millen with Fordyce and Coll Donaldson being played out of position. It's only took until Craig Halkett to find a replacement who is as consistent in that position.

Dylan Easton - Hear a lot of good things about him when he was at Berwick and now at Elgin. Had the spell at Dumbarton where he wasn't that good but it's Dumbarton and they just want hammer throwers or Christian Nade. Sounds like he's got an attitude problem so obviously Hughes' ego couldn't handle it.

Ross Docherty - Tidy player as mentioned in the play-off thread but he was just unlucky with injuries and I don't think the club were willing to continue paying wages if he was always injured. I would take him back for next season to replace Fozzy.

Raffa De Vita - Technically, the best forward we've had since we got demoted to the Third Division. He would've been a massive player up front with McNulty and Iain Russell in good form as well. Just a shame we ended up with Kenny Deuchar and a fluke in Rory Boulding.

Jason Talbot - We've lacked his leadership. Massive player under Burchill and I think he had a lot of influence and discipline in the dressing room and it would've been even bigger with some of the players we brought in this season. Average footballer, but he's been missed.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed May 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Andreu and Russell are the two that really bugged me, false economy not getting their contracts extended to save on the wage bill, we'd have been in the top 4 and could've also made a few quid selling Andreu on at some point. I rated Andreu higher than Scougall because he scored goals as well as having good skill on the ball.

I think Keaghan had made up his mind to give SA a go and maybe it was Talbot's time to try a new club (though i'd still have been happy to keep him). Heard Kyle was going to Oz next season and Keaghan was thinking about giving it a go over there too.

Would've liked to have kept Dycey but we being Livi shot ourselves in the foot AGAIN with off field problems, felt he was just getting into his RB role, though before his injury he was rated by Pars fans at CB. Really pleased with Halkett's signing though and Longridge is improving at LB and looking a good signing too.

Oh and Bobby Barr, I know he split the fans on him being a good player but I really rated him and Morton fans certainly do too, will be a good signing for Raith next season.

If it is to include any person and not just players then Gary Bollan would be right up there too, since he was punted look how we've done with manager!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed May 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Can't disagree with any of those... Barr flattered to deceive but when he was "in the zone" (eg 5-2 at Falkirk) he was very good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 am