Reasons to be chearful

Durnford

Reasons to be chearful

Post by Durnford on Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 am

1. We've needed a shake-up for some time; two seasons of relegation dogfighting have seriously impacted the crowd.
2. Maybe we can get a professional management team in now?
3. Maybe the new management team will realise that what is needed is a defence with a bit of speed rather than grabbing on to shirts at every occasion. Most of the youngsters coming through seem to be either midfielders of forwards; we really do need prper defenders and not simply midfielders who can play defence.
4. Maybe the board will realise that canning the under 19's was a false economy; whether they consider it as competitive or not its a lot more effective than putting players out on loan plus the likes of Currie did look like they weren't wholly fit
5. will be good to visit a few of the grounds we haven't been to for a while
6. if we can keep hold of White I think he and Buchanan are likely to be on 20 goals a season each (as I recall White managed the mid twenties with Stirling didnt he?)
7. Georgiev Actually performed very well against Stenhousemuir; maybe he'll be able to recreate that form against similar sides
8. hopefully we'll start winning more than we lose
9. Maybe now we can get a proper team captain; who can lead the team properly; motivate and guide. White is better concentrating on striking; Really don't think we've had one since Fox and really have to go back to McKay for one of real calibre.
Bertie Bassett

Re: Reasons to be chearful

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun May 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Number 7 is no longer relevant... Never thought much of Georgiev when I saw him play but then hardly anyone passed to him.

White is almost certainly moving on.

Halkett has the attributes to be a captain but might be a wee bit young at the moment
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun May 15, 2016 9:40 pm

I'd be more than cheerful if we got a new manager, one with decent past experience in the lower leagues. I'm not very confident of this happening though, looks like Hopkin will be kept on.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:53 am

We're going to win the league. Very Happy bounce cheers
Afro

Post by Afro on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am

Durnford wrote:1. We've needed a shake-up for some time; two seasons of relegation dogfighting have seriously impacted the crowd.

Doesn't look like coasting along at the top of the table has done anything either. Neutral

I'm hoping for something to be pulled out of the bag for Saturday, considering the magnitude of the game, but I'll not hold my breath.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:20 am

I'm hoping free tickets have been dished out and there's just been no mention of it, will feel a bit weird winning the league in front of 800 fans.

Bit different from when we were at the bottom of the Championship and managed about 2,500 at the game.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 am

It's a strange one, a lot of teams experience the opposite effect. Crowds diminish as they struggle near the bottom of one division and then return when they are involved in the promotion challenge.

You really get the impression that Livingston itself, never mind West Lothian, really doesn't care anymore. Maybe it's just the division we're in where folk have thought it wouldn't be worth watching.
I have enjoyed most of the season but there have been a few games where I'd rather have watched paint dry. Having said that, if we had won them I might not be saying that.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 am

Difficult to be categorical about this but I have notice a worrying reduction in the number of kids attending games. Obviously the loss of the schools incentive has a bearing but the cancellation of the family ticket etc. may also have had a bearing.

That being said the student discount should have enticed some more in.

Unfortunately having the away fans in the same stand is a kind of false economy - it really impacts the atmosphere where all you are looking at is three empty stands.

And then there is the pitch.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Happy days. cheers
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Aye, great way to celebrate a birthday.

LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Any reason to be cheerful today?
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:23 pm

More Happy days. cheers
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Reasons to be cheerful
1. Scotty P
2. Jacko
3. See the photo on LF's post
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Livi, the SPFL's in form team with 6 wins from our last 6 games.

@Ladbrokes
Points in the last 6 games...
Livingston: 18
Aberdeen: 15
Celtic: 14
St Mirren: 14
Sevco: 12
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Craig Halkett has signed up for next season. cheers
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Excellent news but he should be on a two year deal.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am

I'm delighted that Halkett has signed up for next season. To think he had only played 15 games as a professional before we signed him and he was thrown straight into a relegation battle and then a promotion push, that is serious character building for him. He hasn't looked out of place ever since whether it's at RB or at CB and I can't think of a game where he's truly been a bombscare in defence, even when we were throwing away leads near the end of last season.

This season though he's really took his chance to develop and take advantage of how much time he has with the ball as well as the physical battles he'll have faced in this league. I thought he would've wanted to challenge himself at a club who you expect to be challenging further up in the Championship next season but credit to him for showing some loyalty and clearly sees something happening with Hopkin in charge.

We would've struggled to find a defender as good as Halkett with our budget and I would make him captain next season knowing that he's expected to start every game whereas I'm unsure with how many games Crighton will start.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 am

I'm hoping Gallagher will have changed his mind about moving down South, and him & Halkett will be our CB pairing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:24 am