Stenny v Livi

Liviforever

Stenny v Livi

Post by Liviforever on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:46 pm

No time to enjoy our win against Stranraer, we've now got Stenny on Tues night.

That's us on a 7 away game winning streak, can we play away from home every week.................................

I noticed a wee pattern developing on our League results which I found interesting, in a strange sort of way;

we've won 3 games, then lost a game,

won 2 games, then lost a game,

won 1 game, then lost a game,

won 3 games, then lost a game,

and are now on won 2 games.

If that pattern stays on course we'll lose to Stenny and then beat Airdrie, but lose to QP. Hope the thing is just a weird coincidence and doesn't keep repeating the same block of wins and defeats. Shocked  Laughing

Anyways back to the game in hand, not going to make any bold presumptions this time as Stenny have just gubbed Airdrie 5-0, another hard fought win would do me, and would set us up nicely for the Airdrie match on Saturday.

Our 8th away win on the trot, 2-0 Livi, fg 26 mins.
LiviCub

Re: Stenny v Livi

Post by LiviCub on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Could see Hopkin making more than two changes ahead of the game against Airdrie on Saturday. Possibly bring in Knox for Cadden to freshen it up.

3-1 Livingston. FG 40 mins.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm

LiviCub wrote:Could see Hopkin making more than two changes ahead of the game against Airdrie on Saturday. Possibly bring in Knox for Cadden to freshen it up.

Knox certainly doesn't have the build or physical presence to justify a start at this level. He'll be slaughtered.

Even Currie would have a better chance.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Quite happy seeing Watt getting a wee run of games, he was good at this level last season, but hasn't really had a chance with us yet. We've 3 or 4 players in midfield we can rotate the team with and still have a very good starting 11, may as well use them.

Have noticed Ogilvie mentioned quite a lot in Development game reports so good to see him getting a sub appearance in the first team, seems he did well when he came on too.

Troy

Post by Troy on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:38 pm

The League table doesnt lie for the respective two teams.Yes Stenny are fighting for their lives but come on we know we are better than them regardless of their one off against Airdrie on Saturday.Surely the prospect of hopefully going 7 points clear at the top should be enough motivation for the guys to be proffesional and put a shift in and show why there is such a massive gap between us and them.We might struggle but as long as the 3 points come back to west lothian i dont care how they do it just do it Livi!!!
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 34 mins.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:15 pm

We have to draw a game eventually...

Sten 1 Liv 1

Fg 53 mins
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:54 am

Is that your new ploy, keep putting down draws so we'll keep on winning, it's working so far Bertie. Laughing

Wonder if we can go a whole season and not draw a game, that would have to be a first for Livi if we did.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:19 am

Durnford wrote:
LiviCub wrote:Could see Hopkin making more than two changes ahead of the game against Airdrie on Saturday. Possibly bring in Knox for Cadden to freshen it up.

Knox certainly doesn't have the build or physical presence to justify a start at this level. He'll be slaughtered.

Even Currie would have a better chance.

I don't agree either that Knox is the next best option in terms of his size. But Hopkin clearly rates him if you consider the games when he's came on this season (the defeats against Albion and Peterhead) as well as starting the game against Crusaders. Hopkin obviously wants to give him game time but he picks it very carefully when to give him a run out. Stenny are a PT team, they'll have put a lot of effort in on Saturday so there could be a strong hint of fatigue so that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him start or get some action.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Forgot Stenny also have Colin Mcmenaminaninamom playing for them

Apparently he's got even worse than Iain Russell for diving so any bets on a penalty?

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:24 pm

LiviCub wrote:I don't agree either that Knox is the next best option in terms of his size. But Hopkin clearly rates him if you consider the games when he's came on this season (the defeats against Albion and Peterhead) as well as starting the game against Crusaders. Hopkin obviously wants to give him game time but he picks it very carefully when to give him a run out. Stenny are a PT team, they'll have put a lot of effort in on Saturday so there could be a strong hint of fatigue so that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him start or get some action.

You may be right although what I've seen of part time sides so far this season very few have shown any signs of fatigue.

As far as using Knox as a replacement I would probably think he was better as a replacement for Pittman after all the two players are very similar.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:31 pm

I see what LC is saying, 2 games in 4 days will surely tell at some point on Stenny players, in our last two games we've taken advantage with our subs coming on when PT players are tiring near the end of a game and it has won us the game.

Usually though the PT teams don't really suffer fitness wise till January onwards, that's when we really opened up a gap the last time we played in the 3rd tier. Knocks, niggly injuries etc all come into it around then too and depth in squads can make a difference.

Good thing is Stenny have an artificial pitch so at least the pitch wont be cut up and heavy to play in, we've done well on 3g pitches so far this season, beating Airdrie twice and Alloa once, although we got our arses handed to us at Methil but I think the wind had a lot to do with that in the first half helping them with their long punts into our box. Passing wise we should do well IF we keep the ball down and pass it.
Afro

Post by Afro on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Fancy a 2-0 win for us, FG 31 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:13 pm

You were right, Knox, Carrick and Mullin starting.

Livi XI: Kelly, Halkett, Lithgow, Crighton, Longridge, Mullin, Pittman, Byrne, Knox, De Vita, Carrick

Buchanan dropped to the bench.

Subs: Maley, Watt, Neill, Ogilvie, Currie, Buchanan, Cadden

Must be going to bring Cadden and Buchanan on 2nd half.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Yassss 1-0 LIvi, an OG.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Or saving them for Saturday if things go well tonight.

Didn't realise it was a 7:30 ko.

Last time I looked Alloa were behind at home to Stranraer
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Half time, still 1 up.

Alloa have equalised in their match.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Tight game with chances at both ends, Rafa with a couple of them for us. Happy to be going in 1-0 though as we've been much better in the 2nd half recently and have Buchanan and Cadden as impact subs that will cause Stenny problems.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Rafa De Vita 2-0 Livi

Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Seems to be hitting his stride in scoring. That's 2 in 2.

And it looks like Hoppy has taken your advice with his subs
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:07 pm

And it works a treat again as Cadden supplies for Buchanan to head in 3-0
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm

4-0 FT, Carrick getting our 4th.

Excellent, 4 goals and a clean sheet, the subs impacting the game again, well done Hoppy.

Last edited by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:20 pm

And Carrick gets the 4th right at the end. Full time 4-0 and 7 points clear.

Well done to the entire playing squad and management team on a job well done. But there is still a long way to go, so keep it going guys.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Nice headache for Hopkin on Sat with Mullen mean to be fit for the Airdrie game. Carrick has been superb though so should start again

Alloa dropped 2 points drawing 2-2 with Stranraer so we have the chance to go 10 points clear if we beat Airdrie.

Afro

Post by Afro on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 pm

Ultimately, a convincing win in the end despite some scares on the first half in particular. First goal was fairly comical, and we've been waiting a while to have one of those go in our favour. Probably should've been 3-0 up by HT through Mullin and De Vita, thankfully the latter found the target in the second half some really neat play from us. Great that we have players like Buchanan and Cadden on the bench in these types of situations, both of them got a good run out tonight but it wasn't bruising for either of them; we even had the luxury of giving Knox a good 70-odd minutes tonight, too.

First time I've seen us in about four weeks and it's genuinely incredible the transformation in Dale Carrick in that time. Showing some real pace and some really strong hold up play, deserved his goal this evening for his efforts and he's a shoe-in to start on Saturday, regardless of whether Mullen is fit or not. If you'd asked me a month ago if I'd be disappointed about letting him go in January, I'd have been nonplussed, ask me now and I'd be bitterly disappointed if he went. Good to have 3 strikers (4, including De Vita?) firing on all cylinders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:45 am