Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Share
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:20 pm

Durnford wrote:Really cant get my head around this one. Why do we need another forward?

Cause Mullen has dried up, Buchanan is drying up and Carrick hasn't really gone on a scoring spree yet?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Why did Bollan need another striker when he had Winters, Russell, Rafa and McNulty, possibly because Deuchar gave us height and a physical presence we didn't have?

Bertie the other two on loan players didn't look like they were very tall either, the Morton player certainly wasn't, looked under 6ft and slim built, the Hibs player was a bit bigger looking but not 6ft 3. I've thought right from the off this season that we should've kept Sheerin, just to give us a physical player that can bustle his way in against big defenders to shake things up a bit, even for the last 10/15 minutes in games that we've struggled in, hopefully this guy can do that. He doesn't need to be a prolific scorer, just get in and create space for Buchanan or Mullen by taking defenders on and shaking up defences.

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
Durnford wrote:Really cant get my head around this one. Why do we need another forward?

Cause Mullen has dried up, Buchanan is drying up and Carrick hasn't really gone on a scoring spree yet?

How many goals do you need fro a spree. Didn't Carrick score three goals in three appearances before failing to score in two games and being dropped?

Also excluding Saturday Buchanan has scored three goals in three games. We are scoring goals; unfortunately we're also shipping them at the other end. Putting a tall clumsy 20 year old in there isn't likely to make much of a change; we tried the high ball into the box with the other two lanky bu@@ers and it didn't go anywhere despite both Morton and Hibs saying how good they were.

All this is going to do is to totally demotivate the likes of Carrick and others.

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Liviforever wrote:Why did Bollan need another striker when he had Winters, Russell, Rafa and McNulty, possibly because Deuchar gave us height and a physical presence we didn't have?

Bertie the other two on loan players didn't look like they were very tall either, the Morton player certainly wasn't, looked under 6ft and slim built, the Hibs player was a bit bigger looking but not 6ft 3. I've thought right from the off this season that we should've kept Sheerin, just to give us a physical player that can bustle his way in against big defenders to shake things up a bit, even for the last 10/15 minutes in games that we've struggled in, hopefully this guy can do that. He doesn't need to be a prolific scorer, just get in and create space for Buchanan or Mullen by taking defenders on and  shaking up defences.

Thomas Orr was certainly pretty lightweight for his size but he was still about 6'1"

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 pm

This confused me:

David Hopkin says Keaghan Jacobs is 'a few weeks' away from full fitness and was signed 'with an eye towards next season'.

I thought he was only signed until the end of the season?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Durnford wrote:

How many goals do you need fro a spree. Didn't Carrick score three goals in three appearances before failing to score in two games and being dropped?

Also excluding Saturday Buchanan has scored three goals in three games. We are scoring goals; unfortunately we're also shipping them at the other end. Putting a tall clumsy 20 year old in there isn't likely to make much of a change; we tried the high ball into the box with the other two lanky bu@@ers and it didn't go anywhere despite both Morton and Hibs saying how good they were.

All this is going to do is to totally demotivate the likes of Carrick and others.

Jeezo D, you've already written the lad off as being clumsy, if he's a big physical player he could be exactly what we've been needing to crack open teams like QP and Rovers, may well creat space for the likes of Carrick who looked useful in and around the 6 yard box. At least wait and see how he gets on before making your mind up

I don't agree with Bertie either on our 3 strikers, Buchanan is top goal scorer in the league and is still scoring goals, Mullen is just back playing after being out injured and got us a penalty and still looks lively. It wont be long before he scores again, and yep Carrick was on a good run in December before he was dropped for Mullen's return, so don't think any of them have dried up. But don't see what harm it does having a guy that can bring something different to our team. We're always looking for Hopkin to do something different when things aren't working, this might be the player he's been needing to do so.

Durnford wrote:This confused me:

David Hopkin says Keaghan Jacobs is 'a few weeks' away from full fitness and was signed 'with an eye towards next season'.

I thought he was only signed until the end of the season?

Nope, the OS announcement said he was here till at least the end of the season.

It would be great if we have him for next season too, really missed him last season.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:34 am

Our scoring rate has dropped off substantially from the start of the season. Not complaining about work rate. LF, not too long ago you were concerned that Mullen hadn't scored for a while, nothing has changed since then other than its even longer now. Buchanan is still chipping in but not at the same rate as he was and is now missing pens. Carrick had a short run if 3 in 3 but that is hardly a scoring spree. Not his fault that he has been dropped to the bench again.

D, I'm not saying this guy is the answer, in fact I seriously doubt it, if you read what I've said elsewhere, I was merely indicating why I think we need another forward, which if you again read what I've said elsewhere, I've been saying anyway.

But we have him in, so hopefully he turns out to be an asset, unlike the other 2 that were never utilised properly and didn't look up to much anyway.

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 pm

To be honest I really hope I'm proved wrong but anyway current I still believe we could win the league at a canter without another forward.
avatar
Achilles

Posts : 190
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Achilles on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Carrick going on loan to Cowdenbeath. Don't understand that one as he looked to be getting back to match fitness with ourselves.
avatar
orco

Posts : 414
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by orco on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:49 am

Never really worked out for him at Livi. He got very little game time.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Our scoring rate has dropped off substantially from the start of the season. Not complaining about work rate. LF, not too long ago you were concerned that Mullen hadn't scored for a while, nothing has changed since then other than its even longer now. Buchanan is still chipping in but not at the same rate as he was and is now missing pens. Carrick had a short run if 3 in 3 but that is hardly a scoring spree. Not his fault that he has been dropped to the bench again.

D, I'm not saying this guy is the answer, in fact I seriously doubt it, if you read what I've said elsewhere, I was merely indicating why I think we need another forward, which if you again read what I've said elsewhere, I've been saying anyway.

But we have him in, so hopefully he turns out to be an asset, unlike the other 2 that were never utilised properly and didn't look up to much anyway.

Bertie if you look at who we've played recently then you'll see why the goals have dropped off a bit, we haven't scored many gaols against QP or in the 2 away games to East Fife, so I don't agree our goal scoring form has dropped off, it's just we had 3 games against teams we've struggled to score goals against all season. the other recent game was against Peterhead though and we scored 3 in that game. Now we're playing teams we've scored plenty goals against previously we can be judged more fairly on our goal scoring form.

Don't think Buchanan's goal scoring stats have dipped either, even though he's missed our last 2 pens he's still scored 3 goals in our last 4 games, his goals to games ratio wasn't any higher than that before.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:30 am

Achilles wrote:Carrick going on loan to Cowdenbeath. Don't understand that one as he looked to be getting back to match fitness with ourselves.

Yep, in December when he got a run of games he scored 3 goals and won us a penalty that Cadden scored to beat Rovers. Nearly scored when he came on against East Fife too when he hit the bar.

I can only imagine Hopkin needed to balance the wage bill by putting Carrick out on loan to bring this Hearts player in, hope the guy works out then or Hopkin has made a big mistake bringing him in for Carrick.

Wonder if we can recall Carrick at any time though, let Cowden give him for 4 or 5 full games then bring him back fit and sharp. lol!
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 am

Where is this being reported?

Really don't see the point unless it is to cut a chunk off the wage bill but surely we still contribute something to his wage as the parent club? And even if it is to trim the wage bill, unless Todorov is a real hidden gem then the whole exercise is pointless.

Last time I saw Carrick play he was putting himself about more than both Buchanan & Mullen but he got subbed & I'm pretty sure it was for a defensive minded player when we needed to be chasing for an equaliser.

sunderland

Posts : 89
Join date : 2015-03-28

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by sunderland on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am

This is ridiculous. Sums up Hopkin for me.

Todorov better be special.

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 am

Just remember Carrick playing 30 minutes with a busted hand; not wanting to come off.

Whenever he comes on he always gives 100%; doesnt always work out but the opposition always know he is there.

Very much doubt Cowdenbeath will be paying his wages; don't think they usually do.

I suppose its possible that, when he heard the other guy was coming on board, he asked to be loaned out to get some first team action. But with Cowdenbeath he could be playing any position (other than goalkeeper) on a tattie field.

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

Mind you lets not forget that this source apparently originates from the Sun "newspaper".

Durnford

Posts : 776
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Durnford on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Berwick Rangers currently have Kevin Walker and Jordyn Sheerin on their books; mind you they can probably keep Michael McKenna.
avatar
Afro

Posts : 558
Join date : 2014-06-14

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Afro on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Carrick confirmed as off to Cowdenbeath. That's especially disappointing given the work he put in to get back into the team, and get a bit of form behind him in December. Seemed to me like was dropped for Danny too soon but it looks like it's choice to leave.

Todorov needs to provide something useful or else we'll be in a wee bit of trouble should either of the front two pick up an injury.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Afro wrote:Carrick confirmed as off to Cowdenbeath. That's especially disappointing given the work he put in to get back into the team, and get a bit of form behind him in December. Seemed to me like was dropped for Danny too soon but it looks like it's choice to leave.

Todorov needs to provide something useful or else we'll be in a wee bit of trouble should either of the front two pick up an injury.

That's why i'm wondering if we can recall him at any time, seen other clubs being able to do that with their on loan players. Our on loan strikers haven't been great this season so hope this Hearts players turns out a bit better.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:37 pm

According to the OCS Hoppy is saying exactly that LF. Apparently he wants to keep him for next season but they agreed it would be better for him to be playing regularly for now.

Troy

Posts : 290
Join date : 2015-11-10
Age : 59
Location : Craigshill

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Troy on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Same old Livi im afraid.Just when you think the ship is steadying,wallop there we go again.Doesnt say much for Hoppy if he couldnt or wouldnt persuade Carrick to stay.On his day he is as good as any of the strikers we have at the moment imo though obviously havent seen Toderov as yet.God forbid if Carrick gets a serious injury over in fife that the club will rue this decision though can understand Dales predicament and frustration that has led to this scenario.Ifor one wish him well and cant wait to get him back where he belongs.Dissapointed!!!
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:According to the OCS Hoppy is saying exactly that LF. Apparently he wants to keep him for next season but they agreed it would be better for him to be playing regularly for now.

Doesn't do any harm then, our next Development game has been cancelled with Stirling playing a cup replay or something like that, so our fringe players wont be playing a full game for about another 2 weeks. Which is also a shame for Keaghan who was going to be playing in a couple of Development games to get fit.

Obv this new signing is going to get tried out against Brechin to see how he gets on but if need be Carrick can be recalled.
avatar
LiviCub

Posts : 750
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 23
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by LiviCub on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:32 am

Can't fault Carrick if he wants to get a regular game at his age but he's much better than the team sitting bottom of the SPFL. If he gets into form going into next season then I'd definitely take him on, especially if we lose Buchanan. And hopefully that means De Vita will be played more as a striker rather than as a winger from now on.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3772
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:40 pm

A good chance that we'll widen the gap at the top if we beat Brechin, with Alloa playing Rovers away and Airdrie having just signed Simon Mensing, that's worth at least a goal of a start for Stenny.

forzalfc

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-01-28

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by forzalfc on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Bikey away to Hearts, shame.. would've liked to see him join!

Still need a RB desparately, and would like to see another young striker in (we don't even have any back up from the youth team now if 2 of our strikers get injured at the same time we're fecked!)

Sponsored content

Re: Jan 2017 Transfers In/ Out

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:41 am