Stenny v Livi

Liviforever

Stenny v Livi

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Just to remind folk we've a game on this weekend. Laughing

Feels a bit strange now after winning the league last Saturday.

Would be good if we could keep it going and win our last 4 games but I think it will be a bit difficult to predict as we don't know what team we'll put out or if we'll see a hangover from winning the league against Alloa, plus these teams we're playing have something to play for still and Stenny are fighting for their league one survival. On the other hand our players will be relaxed knowing they have won the league and everything might just flow for them with no nerves tightening things up, they can play with freedom to express their skills.

I'll go for my usual Livi win but not at all confident it will happen. 2-1 Livi, fg 18 mins.
Bertie Bassett

Re: Stenny v Livi

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 pm

I'd be playing my strongest side, going for as many points as possible (I'm sure points totals are used when determining how the league moneys are shared out).

If I was Buchanan I'd be wanting to make up for missing another pen and wanting to raise the goals record still further.

Hoping to get along to this one after missing the party last Saturday.

Sten 0 Livi 2
FG. 24 mins
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Is this the first time you've not predicted a draw, when we've won the league and may not be on the top of our game and will prob be when we draw a game. Laughing
cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 pm

hoping to see players like Gary Maley and young Matthew Knox get a bit of game time now that the league is tied up.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Def not winning this game now. Laughing

Just glad they waited till after we'd played Alloa and won the league before handing it out to him. cheers
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:21 pm

I read on the Forfar website they beat our Development team 6-0, and said we had a youthful team out against their more experienced players. Makes me think we're going to be playing some of our young players in this game if the likes of Knox, Ogilvie, Sampson, and maybe Sinclair weren't played midweek.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 am

Liviforever wrote:Is this the first time you've not predicted a draw, when we've won the league and may not be on the top of our game and will prob be when we draw a game. Laughing

I can't jinx them by predicting a win cause we have already won the title. So I'm going with the win. I did predict a win recently (the reverse fixture the other week I think) and we did win.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
Liviforever wrote:Is this the first time you've not predicted a draw, when we've won the league and may not be on the top of our game and will prob be when we draw a game. Laughing

I can't jinx them by predicting a win cause we have already won the title. So I'm going with the win. I did predict a win recently (the reverse fixture the other week I think) and we did win.

MoTM award to Hoppy and you're sticking with us winning, you're just a rebel going against fate Bertie. Laughing
Afro

Post by Afro on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Hoping to see Ogilvie and Knox in from the start here, and get Sampson on later in the game as well. I imagine one, or both, of Pittman and Byrne will make way for the likes of Sinclair and Jacobs, too. As long as we don't fanny about with the defence and goalkeeper here (no Maley please), I think we'll have too much for Stenny.

4-0 Livi, FG 19 mins.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

3-1 Livi, FG 13 mins

Troy

Post by Troy on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Unfortunatly not going to make this due to a pre-planned weekend trip to Newcastle tommorow.Hopefully the supporters who make the trip have a great day out and give Hoppy and the players the ovation they deserve.Agree with Hopkin though that out of respect to the other teams we should be as competetive as we possibly can.Remember some of those players will be trying to win themselves contracts for next season in the Championship,and Stenny are fighting for their lives.Should be a decent game.Enjoy!!!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Agree wholeheartedly with Troy
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Ok who's hacked Berties account, mr positivity doesn't suit him. lol!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 am

I only said I agree with Troy, in as much as we shouldn't weaken the side when others have still got something to play for & our some of own guys still need to agree new deals. There is plenty to play for still, I'm positive about that... I think we'll win tomorrow (having said that, there is often a dip after a team wins the title, eg Celtic drawing with Partick the other week).

As far as a positive outlook is concerned... I have this nagging doubt that the league will throw out Byrne's appeal and dock us 40 points for a frivolous appeal. Shocked Rolling Eyes Razz
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:I only said I agree with Troy, in as much as we shouldn't weaken the side when others have still got something to play for & our some of own guys still need to agree new deals. There is plenty to play for still, I'm positive about that... I think we'll win tomorrow (having said that, there is often a dip after a team wins the title, eg Celtic drawing with Partick the other week).

As far as a positive outlook is concerned... I have this nagging doubt that the league will throw out Byrne's appeal and dock us 40 points for a frivolous appeal. Shocked Rolling Eyes Razz
Welcome back to the dark side Bertie. lol!
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 am

Stenny 1. Livingston 3. FG 17 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:08 pm

I like our starting 11, we've gone from playing 4 CB's in defence to only playing 1. lol!

Back 3 of Todorov, Lithgow and Longridge, surprisingly haven't conceded a goal yet though.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Goal machine Liam Buchanan makes it 26 for the season. Though Cadden is claiming it was already in from his corner. Laughing  1-0 Livi anyway.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:52 pm

1-0 FT/

Still
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Typical poachers goal from Buchanan. Cadden took the corner & didn't get the trajectory he wanted, I heard him moan as it swung towards the keeper, looking like an easy catch, but it drifted in the wind leaving the keeper stranded. It was clearly going straight in but Buchanan somehow rose like a salmon to head it in on the goal line.

Interestingly, the back 3 of Lithgow on the right, Todorov in the middle & Longridge on the left strolled through the match with very little difficulty. Kelly is a very good communicator, regularly advising his team mates of options or of opponents closing them down or not as the case may be.

Of the 5/6 man midfield, Cadden caused problems, Sinclair was comfortable, Millar looked out of position out wide, Jacobs showed he still has good skills & workrate (always tried to win it back if he gave it away), Captain Pittman seemed to be the furthest forward of them & was tireless as usual but not as effective as he can be. Knox tried but still hasn't shown me why he is seen as the next big thing.
Buchanan tried manfully to keep the Stenhousemuir defence occupied but I prefer him to have a strike partner & showed his predatory poaching prowess to claim the goal & secure the win.

Subs made little impact but worked hard.

Hopefully next week we put out a strong side to try & right the wrong of not having beaten QP
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Shows how much scoring a goal means to Buch's, you very rarely see him winning a header from a high ball kicked up towards him.

QP are now in the top 4, will be a tough game next week and if we're wanting to get a win against the only team we haven't won against then we'll need to field a stronger team. It's my birthday too so hoping we gub them.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Couple of good saves from Kelly at the start of the highlights, got out really quickly for the first one. Can't really tell if the ball is over the line when Buchanan heads it. must be the first time I've seen him scoring a goal with his head though.

Warriors TV

Hoppy's post match interview telling us why he played Toddy in defence, players on a booking away from a suspension, injuries, along with big Dec having a bereavement in the family just before the game. Doesn't want players suspended before the Peterhead game when we get presented with the cup.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:59 pm

I was 5 yards from the corner flag - maybe less. You can see me at the wall along the side line. Dark jacket, light jumper. Cadden thought he'd fluffed the corner, heard him groan after he kicked it and he started to jog back expecting the keeper to catch it. The ball was going in but Buchs got his head on it pretty well on the line, his goal.
Afro

Post by Afro on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 am

I didn't bank on us having a rag-tag XI before the game, but surprised at how well the makeshift defence coped. Thought Longridge performed best out of the back three, by no means a permanent fixture there but showed that he's developing well as a player. Hard to judge others as well, unfortunately, Mark Millar was a real disappointment at RWB and fluffed his big chance in the first half. Was happy to see Cadden start as well and he done well providing an outlet down the left for us. Also great to see Keaghan get 90 minutes and Ogilvie and Sampson get a good run out, they certainly didn't look phased against older opponents than what they're used to.

I think that is the first goal Buchanan has scored for us with his head, bizarre circumstances that it came in notwithstanding. Stenny put in plenty of effort but just lack quality anywhere. McMenamin is totally finished and really should call it a day very soon.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 am

I thought Todorov was far more comfortable at the back than he ever appears up front.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:49 am