Albion v Livi - the final curtain on 16/17 season

Bertie Bassett

Albion v Livi - the final curtain on 16/17 season

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Just read that Darren Young has failed to agree a new deal at Rovers & will leave at the end of the season. He's done a very good job in Coatbridge but I hope we send him off with a resounding defeat. 4 goals would be nice to bring up 100 for the season but I suspect it will be a much changed side.

I reckon we will line up as follows

Maley
Lithgow, Crighton, Longridge
Knox, Jacobs, Miller, Sinclair, Mullin
Todorov, Buchanan

I also think it will be pretty flat with our guys mentally on the golf course & they're guys already safe but disinterested due to Young's impending departure.

AR 0 Liv 1 - FG 64 mins
Liviforever

Re: Albion v Livi - the final curtain on 16/17 season

Post by Liviforever on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 pm

4-0 Livi to get us to 100 goals for the season, FG 18 mins. Mon the Livi XI.

Troy

Post by Troy on Fri May 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Really looking forward to this before i put my feet up for the next 10 weeks or so.Apparently we are taking a healthy support through to Coatbridge tommorow which i think is just about right to give this championship team the send off they certainly deserve and good to see so many signing on with us for next season too.Would love to end the season on a high but not particuilary concernerned about the result in what some will no doubt see as a meaningless game from 2 teams who achieved their personal goals this campaign.Il be there to see the Lions bring down the curtain on a magnificent season.For the last time Livi.Do it!!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 am

Wouldn't be all that bothered about this game with us already being crowned Champions and having been presented with the trophy last week, but there are a couple of important stats to consider, we're 4 goals from 100 for the season and are on a record 8 league wins in a row, so it would be nice to get to 100 goals and increase our winning run to 9 in a row.

Mon the Champions, lets finish on a high.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 am

4-2 to the champions. FG 7 mins.
Afro

Post by Afro on Sat May 06, 2017 12:28 pm

5-5, FG 1 min.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sat May 06, 2017 1:54 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 18 mins
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Have we got another defender called Gallagher or has Dec had a visit from big Marv and had his broken ankle healed?

Today's Livi XI - Maley, Lithgow, Todorov, Gallagher, Jacobs, Mullin, Miller, Pittman, De Vita, Mullen & Buchanan. #livilive
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 06, 2017 3:25 pm

1-0 Livi.

Another 3 to go for 100 goals.Mon the Lions. cheers
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 06, 2017 4:03 pm

2-0 HT.

2 more goals needed now.

Ryan scoring for Airdrie has him tied with Buchanan as League One's top goal scorers, mon Buchs get a goal in the 2nd half.

Damn, Ryan has just scored another goal, that's him overtaken Buchanan now.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 06, 2017 5:02 pm

2-0 Livi FT.

Didn't hit the 100 goal mark but another win puts us on 9 league wins in a row, a new record for Livi.

Great season by the players and just got stronger and stronger in the run in, finishing on a high. It has been fun supporting Livi this season, here's hoping next season is a good one too. Cool
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 pm

It was 2-0 going on 4 or 5 although to be fair Maley made some good saves, but a few were in quick succession.

Well done to the big fella, he can retire now never having conceded a league goal lol!

Buchanan missed a couple of decent chances, we hit the post and bar at least once each. Comfy win in the sunshiiiiiiiine.

Looking back, a thouroughly enjoyable season where we fairly romped to the title in the end.
Looking forward, now the hard work begins, getting the squad signed up and ready to go back in the second tier. And no East Fife next season!!

Troy

Post by Troy on Sun May 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Thouroughly enjoyable day out in the sun through at Coatbridge yesterday.Comfortable win from the Lions i thought and good to see that they didnt take the foot of the gas at the end of a super season for them and us.And Big Owens bar up the hill wasnt to bad either.Well thats it over for now and hopefully we as well as the players have time to recharge the batteries over the close season and come back refreshed and ready for our assault on the championship next season.Hopefully the club will keep us informed of any developments both on and off the feild in the weeks to come.But for now once again massive kudos to all the lads for their efforts this season and heres to next season.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun May 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Possible pub quiz question.... Which team won their last 9 games in a 36 game season but didn't win all of their last quarter fixtures?

Answer: Livingston; one of the last 9 games was a rearranged third quarter match. We lost to East Fife, then won 9 in a row beating Stenhousemuir twice.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun May 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Just read that Darren Young has failed to agree a new deal at Rovers & will leave at the end of the season. He's done a very good job in Coatbridge but I hope we send him off with a resounding defeat. 4 goals would be nice to bring up 100 for the season but I suspect it will be a much changed side.

I reckon we will line up as follows

Maley
Lithgow, Crighton, Longridge
Knox, Jacobs, Miller, Sinclair, Mullin
Todorov, Buchanan

I also think it will be pretty flat with our guys mentally on the golf course & they're guys already safe but disinterested due to Young's impending departure.

AR 0 Liv 1 - FG 64 mins

Well I got the team wrong & it was surprisingly entertaining. Probably could and should have scored more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 am