Pitch being relaid

Bertie Bassett

Pitch being relaid

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu May 25, 2017 11:48 am

No artificial pitch next season.

OCS Twitter feed mentions what is happening with the overhaul currently underway
Liviforever

Re: Pitch being relaid

Post by Liviforever on Thu May 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Dunno why they keep saying they're putting down a 3G pitch and then not doing it.

This is just a patch up job imo, dunno if it'll solve the drainage problem much, putting down sand and seeding over the same bad drainage. Just googled verti drainage fertilizer and it says it breaks up the compacted soil, but I think our drainage problem runs deeper than that. Hopefully it gives us a better playing surface though and it holds up during the winter months.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Pitch renovations are ongoing today, but we hope to raise the funding to plan for a new 4G surface in time for the start of next season.

Been saying that for 3 seasons now. If they're looking to make enough from the shares i'm not going to hold my breath on us getting it next season either.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 27, 2017 11:13 am

They already promised that shares monies would be ring fenced for investment in the playing squad so they better have alternative plans for pitch funding or they will just another bunch of "tell them what they want to hear" bletherers
Afro

Post by Afro on Sun May 28, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm sure if smaller clubs like Annan and Stenhousemuir can find the capital to fund such a project, we can too. Personally, I get the feeling the club aren't pushing their position hard enough in order to find grant money from lottery, government affiliates, etc. Hopefully the work they have done has the desired effect.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Pitch looks good to go, hopefully it holds up over the winter months, it's looking good though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm