Rory Boulding

Liviforever

Rory Boulding

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 am

I see he's on trial at Falkirk. Unsure about him, he wasn't very good at Livi to start with then went on a goal scoring spree for our last 10 games. Proved he can stick the ball in the net if given service so may have been worth us taking a chance bringing him back this season.
LiviLion

Re: Rory Boulding

Post by LiviLion on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:51 am

I remember seeing something about him saying he's good enough for the SPL, and someone on P&B saying that he approached Falkirk rather than the other way about. He's probably looking for money we can't pay him as well.

LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:45 am

Was he with a club after leaving Dundee United at the end of the 12/13 season?

orco

Post by orco on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:02 am

He was a nine day wonder. I never rated him. Falkirk are welcome to him.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 am

If I remember correctly he made an explosive start with a wonder goal & a very good assist; then basically disappeared until the run in that season when he scored for fun.

He then wanted too much money; went to Killie & Dundee United & proved he was not good enough at the higher level.

He might do a club in our division a turn...if he gets the service.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:40 am

Just comes across as a 24 carat wanker, really.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Boulding only finished off the good work from the creativity of Jacobs, Russell, Scougall and Bobby Barr. We clearly never missed him the next season as we had McNulty and Russell up front with a good midfield and overall, had a strong season.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

LiviCub wrote:Boulding only finished off the good work from the creativity of Jacobs, Russell, Scougall and Bobby Barr. We clearly never missed him the next season as we had McNulty and Russell up front with a good midfield and overall, had a strong season.

Yeah but you still need someone to stick the ball in the net and that's what he did. Maybe you're right though, unless he's got the players putting it on a plate for him he'll not be much of a threat.
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Liviforever wrote:
LiviCub wrote:Boulding only finished off the good work from the creativity of Jacobs, Russell, Scougall and Bobby Barr. We clearly never missed him the next season as we had McNulty and Russell up front with a good midfield and overall, had a strong season.

Yeah but you still need someone to stick the ball in the net and that's what he did. Maybe you're right though, unless he's got the players putting it on a plate for him he'll not be much of a threat.

I agree you need someone there and without a doubt, without his goals, we would've finished further down the league that season. He was more of a poacher than McNulty or Russell at the time.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 am

While I think he's good at what he does, I also think Falkirk could get better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:51 pm