Brechin v Livi

Liviforever

Brechin v Livi

Post by Liviforever on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:28 am

Expecting a tough game against a Brechin team battling for their every point but we should come away with all 3 points.

3-0 Livi, fg 8 minutes.
Bertie Bassett

Re: Brechin v Livi

Post by Bertie Bassett on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 am

As long as we don't get carried away with the terrific start we have made we should have far too much for Brechin. Of course if they have ploughed their pitch it will level things up.

I think we will win with something to spare.

Bre 0 Liv 2 fg 21 mins
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:28 am

2-0 Livi, FG 13 mins
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Nervous about this one, as they'll feel these are the games they ought to be winning (so should we however) and could be a tough test. Don't really wanna make a prediction, but wish Crighton all the best - was a bit gutted when he left us.

Bad feeling about this one, hope I'm wrong!
LiviCub

Post by LiviCub on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 am

Brechin 1. Livingston 2. FG 29 mins.
Afro

Post by Afro on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Any win will do me. 90th minute scrambled winner that flies off Sean Crighton's beautiful coupon? Yes please.

1-0 Livi, FG 90 mins.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Nae Keaghan? Not even on the bench, must've picked up a knock on Tues.

Your Livi team for today: Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, De Vita, Longridge, Mullin, Mullen, Mackin

On the bench for the Lions: Carrick, Thomson, Cadden, Robinson, Knox, Todorov, Maley.

Good strong bench, you could take those 6 outfield players and replace 6 starting ones and you'd still have a good starting 11.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Just back in from picking my daughter up at the airport and see we're 2-0 up, excellent

Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 pm

2-1 now, Lithgow got treatment for an injury and then looks like he was beaten as they got past him to score

Aw feck 2-2 now, Mon Livi.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:30 pm

This is not good, 2-0 up against Brechin at half time, we should be wiping the floor with them.
I dare say the half time Horlicks team talk has been utilised.

C'mon Livi, get it sorted!!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm

2-2 FT.

Feels like a defeat after being 2-0 up at HT, still, we're undefeated and that's another point on the board, they all count and remaining undefeated is important for momentum, we'd have taken that against any other team.

Troy

Post by Troy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Sorry guys but 2 0 at half time against Brechin and cruisin WTF. Second half capitulation has me worried. Our defence have been brilliant recently but surely questions have to to be asked.Like L/F it feels like a defeat and yes its early doors but for gods sake surely we could have seen this game out without conceding points gifted to the opposition considering who they were.Dissapointing.Kick up the arse needed quickly!!!

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:24 pm

So many players failed to perform; if I was suspicious I'd suspect a bit of arogance had krept into the player following some of the good results.

De Vita had one of his worst games for us yet; got robbed of the ball so many times or miss-queued; Pittman and Byrne were very poor without Keaghan; likewise the defence suffered without him coming back and shoring up; frequently being left seriously exposed. On another day we could have gone in having conceded three goals by half time.

Danny Mullin seemed totally out of it; maybe he was carrying an injury but if so why start the game with him? Dylan Machin frankly could have done with a rocket up his a#se. I've been defending him against Orco but am running out of excuses.
orco

Post by orco on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

We went in 2-0 up at the break after an uninspiring first half and I think the boys thought the game was won. The old adage of 2-0 being a dangerous lead certainly came to pass here. The first Brechin goal fired them up and when the second went in you just had the feeling this would not end well.
Brechin really played us at our own game. They worked hard and closed us down well. I wouldn't grudge them their point.
There just didn't seem to be the same energy in the team today. Maybe they underestimated the opposition a bit.
Sorry but I am still at a loss to see what Mackin brings. He is slow, lazy, pulls out of one on ones and hasn't got much skill either. He does do a good headed flick on but usually there is nobody ahead to pick it up. Carrick ruffled Brechin up when he came on (why didn't he start?). Mullen wasn't at his best but I'd have kept him on instead of Mackin.
I think we may have missed Keaghan today. I'm presuming he was I injured. Pity!
I'm not filled with confidence going to Greenock on Tuesday but you never know.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Maybe a mixture of them fired up and us a bit below par after the Falkirk game.

I get what you mean about Mackin D, he is awfully slow and sluggishly ambles about, sticks out a mile in our normally very energetic team that runs about pressing the ball back.

Hopefully we got a wee reality check here and will hopefully learn from it, good to stay unbeaten though as every point will count this season.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Frankly, drawing with Brechin isn't good enough, I would have rather lost the cup tie & won this one, especially if 2 games a week is going to tire them out by half time of the next league game.

Hoppy got deserved Kudos for getting us promoted in style & for winning the LC Group but the league is the bread & butter so he needs to prove his worth again by sorting this out now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 am