Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Share

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by djs9750 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 pm

How can he possibly have the brass neck to criticise anyone's methods of running a business with his track record. clown
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Lexi Collector on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 pm

avatar
HoudaBetsy

Posts : 55
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by HoudaBetsy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Former Livingston chief executive Ged Nixon has called off plans to secure a court order to ring fence around £300,000 of the West Lothian side’s cash.

Nixon was due to attend the Court of Session in Edinburgh today, looking for an arrestment of funds order to freeze £300,000 that he claimed he was owed.

The Championship side, currently sitting bottom of the league, had warned that they were in danger of going into administration for a third time if their former chief was successful in his court action.

Nixon quit last year following a fall out with main shareholder Neil Rankine and decided on court action to recover a loan paid to the club.

Both parties reportedly agreed a deal yesterday and Nixon called off court action to ring fence the club’s money, a decision on if Nixon is to be paid his loan back will be heard on February 6th 2015.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:46 pm

That's good news then, just the Rankine dual interests with other clubs to put to bed and the court case in Feb, then we can just concentrate on the football to avoid relegation. It has been some season so far, and not in a good way.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 pm

HoudaBetsy wrote:Former Livingston chief executive Ged Nixon has called off plans to secure a court order to ring fence around £300,000 of the West Lothian side’s cash.

Nixon was due to attend the Court of Session in Edinburgh today, looking for an arrestment of funds order to freeze £300,000 that he claimed he was owed.

The Championship side, currently sitting bottom of the league, had warned that they were in danger of going into administration for a third time if their former chief was successful in his court action.

Nixon quit last year following a fall out with main shareholder Neil Rankine and decided on court action to recover a loan paid to the club.

Both parties reportedly agreed a deal yesterday and Nixon called off court action to ring fence the club’s money, a decision on if Nixon is to be paid his loan back will be heard on February 6th 2015.


Source?
avatar
HoudaBetsy

Posts : 55
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by HoudaBetsy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
HoudaBetsy wrote:Former Livingston chief executive Ged Nixon has called off plans to secure a court order to ring fence around £300,000 of the West Lothian side’s cash.

Nixon was due to attend the Court of Session in Edinburgh today, looking for an arrestment of funds order to freeze £300,000 that he claimed he was owed.

The Championship side, currently sitting bottom of the league, had warned that they were in danger of going into administration for a third time if their former chief was successful in his court action.

Nixon quit last year following a fall out with main shareholder Neil Rankine and decided on court action to recover a loan paid to the club.

Both parties reportedly agreed a deal yesterday and Nixon called off court action to ring fence the club’s money, a decision on if Nixon is to be paid his loan back will be heard on February 6th 2015.


Source?

Scotzine, fairly reliable. Be good to see it confirmed, in other papers though.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:45 am


HoudaBetsy wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:
HoudaBetsy wrote:Former Livingston chief executive Ged Nixon has called off plans to secure a court order to ring fence around £300,000 of the West Lothian side’s cash.

Nixon was due to attend the Court of Session in Edinburgh today, looking for an arrestment of funds order to freeze £300,000 that he claimed he was owed.

The Championship side, currently sitting bottom of the league, had warned that they were in danger of going into administration for a third time if their former chief was successful in his court action.

Nixon quit last year following a fall out with main shareholder Neil Rankine and decided on court action to recover a loan paid to the club.

Both parties reportedly agreed a deal yesterday and Nixon called off court action to ring fence the club’s money, a decision on if Nixon is to be paid his loan back will be heard on February 6th 2015.


Source?








Scotzine, fairly reliable. Be good to see it confirmed, in other papers though.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/nixon-backs-down.115089356
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

All the bitter diddy scum following joke clubs like Cowdenbeath and QOS can put their grave dancing shoes away now.

Fuds.

ianlivi

Posts : 99
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by ianlivi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Usual bad start to the Year!! Rankine guilty of all breaches involving East Fife. February before we know outcome.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/305936-livingston-guilty-of-dual-interest-rule-breach-through-owner-neil-rankine/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:30 pm

That may well have put the kibosh on any transfers in Jan as we wont know till Feb what punishment we're being given. Would be a waste of money bringing anyone in if we get a points deduction as it would make our chances of surviving relegation impossible.

On a separate note, has Sevco not dual interests with Ashley holding influence over both them and Newcastle?
avatar
mozam76

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by mozam76 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Ah, but they've a deal remember. Ashley isn't allowed to hold any more than 10% of their shares. He also isn't allowed to hold influence on the board.

Unless of course you're insinuating that Derek Llambias (his long time friend and colleague) and Barry Leach (long time employee at Sports Direct) are his men.

Are you?
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Ashley has Sevco by the balls, he's got men on the board, holds the rights to their merchandize being sold through sports direct, has kept them afloat with his loans, if that doesn't determine having influence I don't know what does. I doubt Rankine has put anywhere near the amount of money Ashley has into East Fife, or helped them out through another party, or whatever it is the SPFL has found him guilty of.

Not that it helps Livi any, they've found Rankine guilty of several offences over this and it will be the club that gets hit with the punishment.
avatar
Whitburn Vale

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-08-02
Location : Whitburn

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Whitburn Vale on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Sounds like the SPFL will be having a hearing into this too,prepare for more points being deducted,certain relegation to league 1 and part time football,what a mess our club is......
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Supposedly Rankine has to sell his shares or Livi will be banned from playing football. Still has the right to appeal but it isn't looking good, when do Livi ever win these things.
avatar
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 pm

What a complete farce; they will do anything they can to make Livingston the "example" - the Rangers/Newcastle scenario is no different but they will get away with it; just like they are getting away with their latest tax fiasco & we didn't. Livingston should withdraw from the SPFL & the SFA & apply to play in the Welsh league or one of the Irish leagues - they should fail to turn up for any more matches; they should declare themselves bankrupt & release all the players sending the SPFL season into chaos; they should also cease to recognise the corrupt organisations that run football in this country.

Where is the evidence that anything underhanded has been done? We have hardly played East Fife in recent years; how has Rankine's alleged involvement affected the running of either club in a manner that suggests any corrupt goings on? How is this breach one of the most serious in the game? Have they been involved in match fixing?

It is absolutely laughable to suggest that anything Rankine has done at East Fife has had an effect on the "success" of Livi & vice versa... SFA? Bunch of morons the lot of them (allegedly).
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by EdinburghLivi on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Bertie has it spot on. Missing the point of the rule completely.

Durnford

Posts : 804
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Durnford on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Interesting that the punishment is after the cup final to ensure that it is played and that any fine can be significantly larger?

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by djs9750 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:28 pm

So, Have I got this right, Rankine needs to get rid of hid shares in Livi?, which presumably means he leaves the club, but then the club still get punished? Oh wow, how do we attract them.
Not sure if I can watch any more shysters destroy the club, it is now seriously draining my enthusiasm.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 pm

We keep giving them a cause to hit us with punishments though, be good if we would just run the club without all this shite happening to us. The fans just want to turn up and watch a game of football and do what most other fans do, pissed off with this crap at Livi nearly every season.

avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3897
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Club Statement

Post by Liviforever on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:02 pm

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20151209_1.php

Was hoping it would just say; SPFL/SFA, gonny jist f*ck off.
avatar
MCL

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Mid Calder

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by MCL on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What a complete farce; they will do anything they can to make Livingston the "example" - the Rangers/Newcastle scenario is no different but they will get away with it; just like they are getting away with their latest tax fiasco & we didn't. Livingston should withdraw from the SPFL & the SFA & apply to play in the Welsh league or one of the  Irish leagues - they should fail to turn up for any more matches; they should declare themselves bankrupt & release all the players sending the SPFL season into chaos; they should also cease to recognise the corrupt organisations that run football in this country.

Where is the evidence that anything underhanded has been done? We have hardly played East Fife in recent years; how has Rankine's alleged involvement affected the running of either club in a manner that suggests any corrupt goings on? How is this breach one of the most serious in the game? Have they been involved in match fixing?

It is absolutely laughable to suggest that anything Rankine has done at East Fife has had an effect on the "success" of Livi & vice versa... SFA? Bunch of morons the lot of them (allegedly).

The Newcastle/Rangers affair is different in that Ashley's interests were declared in both clubs to the authorities. That's why he was allowed to buy 9% or whatever and no more. Livi's problem is down to it not being declared. Dumbarton and East Fife were cleared because they had filled in the forms correctly.

Rankine said he would leave the club if he lost the case so I guess that's what he'll do now.

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by djs9750 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Let me guess who was responsible for filling in these forms..........Nixon?
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Lexi Collector on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What a complete farce; they will do anything they can to make Livingston the "example" - the Rangers/Newcastle scenario is no different but they will get away with it; just like they are getting away with their latest tax fiasco & we didn't. Livingston should withdraw from the SPFL & the SFA & apply to play in the Welsh league or one of the  Irish leagues - they should fail to turn up for any more matches; they should declare themselves bankrupt & release all the players sending the SPFL season into chaos; they should also cease to recognise the corrupt organisations that run football in this country.

Where is the evidence that anything underhanded has been done? We have hardly played East Fife in recent years; how has Rankine's alleged involvement affected the running of either club in a manner that suggests any corrupt goings on? How is this breach one of the most serious in the game? Have they been involved in match fixing?

It is absolutely laughable to suggest that anything Rankine has done at East Fife has had an effect on the "success" of Livi & vice versa... SFA? Bunch of morons the lot of them (allegedly).

Aye, well said Bertie. I'm sick to death of the corrupt bastards who run the game in this country. You've got Rangers running up an unpaid tax bill over of over £80 million, paying players EBTs and all sorts of broken rules, not to mention a flat out liquidation, and they bent over backwards to keep them in the top flight. We're constantly chased and under investigation by this mob and they've been trying to put us out of the game for over a decade.

Absolutely done with football in this shithole of a country, corrupt and rotten right to core. I'd like to think as fans we'd show some sort of stance against these bastards, who make the rules up as they go along, but judging by some of the comments on FB and Twitter, our own fans are just as spineless and cowardly as those at the top. Some absolutely disgusting comments from so called Livingston supporters.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Lexi Collector on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Gotta love what all the bitter diddy idiots over on Pie and Bovril are spouting. No consideration of the bigger picture at all. Jealous of our success and our state of the art ground. Offended by everything, guilty of nothing. Sums football in this country right up. Pathetic jealous morons everywhere.

The fact some Livi fans take that site seriously and crawl up the arses of QOS and Cowdenbeath fans is disgusting.
avatar
mozam76

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by mozam76 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:20 am

Lexi Collector wrote: Jealous of our success and our state of the art ground.

It's no wonder fans of other clubs hate us when this is the shite that gets spouted. Have a fucking word with yourself.

Sponsored content

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm