Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Bertie Bassett

Re: Rankine v Nixon: The fall Out.

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 am

MCL wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:What a complete farce; they will do anything they can to make Livingston the "example" - the Rangers/Newcastle scenario is no different but they will get away with it; just like they are getting away with their latest tax fiasco & we didn't. Livingston should withdraw from the SPFL & the SFA & apply to play in the Welsh league or one of the  Irish leagues - they should fail to turn up for any more matches; they should declare themselves bankrupt & release all the players sending the SPFL season into chaos; they should also cease to recognise the corrupt organisations that run football in this country.

Where is the evidence that anything underhanded has been done? We have hardly played East Fife in recent years; how has Rankine's alleged involvement affected the running of either club in a manner that suggests any corrupt goings on? How is this breach one of the most serious in the game? Have they been involved in match fixing?

It is absolutely laughable to suggest that anything Rankine has done at East Fife has had an effect on the "success" of Livi & vice versa... SFA? Bunch of morons the lot of them (allegedly).

The Newcastle/Rangers affair is different in that Ashley's interests were declared in both clubs to the authorities. That's why he was allowed to buy 9% or whatever and no more. Livi's problem is down to it not being declared. Dumbarton and East Fife were cleared because they had filled in the forms correctly.

Rankine said he would leave the club if he lost the case so I guess that's what he'll do now.  

I know what the difference is in terms of declaration but fail to see what difference a declaration makes to the actual practice. Have Livi & East Fife conspired to affect the outcome of matches? Have Livi & East Fife colluded in anyway other than to share Rankine's cash thus keeping both clubs afloat? Has Rankine done anything to the betterment of Livi at the expense of East Fife or vice versa? It is a farce; it is stupid on the part of Livi that such a declaration wasn't made but everyone in football knows of Rankine's various "interests" so to haul us up on it now is typical of a corrupt organisation looking for a scapegoat to deflect attention from elsewhere.
Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:59 am

The Scottish Lowland Football League are looking for applicants to join for season 2015/2016,the SLFL currently has 14 sides,they're looking to make it 16,maybe we should get our application in now just incase........
Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Whatever happens be it a points deduction and certain relegation to league 1 or worse(hopefully we'll still hav a club after Nixon's case) we MUST go part-time,we quite clearly cannot sustain full time football with the crowds we get,I've heard you need crowds of at least 2500 to break even for full time football,we are nowhere near that,it's time to wake up and except the fact we're a club who can only sustain part time football.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Hamilton have money in the bank running full-time football and they have lower home crowds than us. We're just run like shit.
Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:50 pm

That's very good for Accies,Ronnie McDonald runs a very good ship.I just dont see the point of full time football on a home support of 1200/1300.I'd much rather bite the bullet,save money,go part time and in the long run have a sustainable model for a senior football club in West Lothian.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm

We can barely compete with PT clubs just now...imagine how bad we be as a PT club ourselves! (Sorry Mr Negativity is forcing his way out again!)
Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Very true BB,at the end of the day,we all just want a football club to follow,win or lose.Lets hope we're still here come August whatever league we are in.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 pm

mozam76 wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote: Jealous of our success and our state of the art ground.

It's no wonder fans of other clubs hate us when this is the shite that gets spouted. Have a fucking word with yourself.

Mozam open your eyes and stop cuddling in with the hateful fannies that have given us abuse since day 1. Maybe if Cowdenbeath or QOS fans enjoyed a bit of success and didn't have to watch their football in a complete hovel every week they wouldn't be so spiteful. I honestly couldn't care less if fans of other clubs hate us. I'm not particularly fond of them either, and their jumped up grave dancing nature sums them up.

Imagine becoming so enraged by a fairly small provincial club. Football fans in this country lack class.
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Your last statement there is positively dripping in irony, eh?
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
MCL wrote:
Bertie Bassett wrote:What a complete farce; they will do anything they can to make Livingston the "example" - the Rangers/Newcastle scenario is no different but they will get away with it; just like they are getting away with their latest tax fiasco & we didn't. Livingston should withdraw from the SPFL & the SFA & apply to play in the Welsh league or one of the  Irish leagues - they should fail to turn up for any more matches; they should declare themselves bankrupt & release all the players sending the SPFL season into chaos; they should also cease to recognise the corrupt organisations that run football in this country.

Where is the evidence that anything underhanded has been done? We have hardly played East Fife in recent years; how has Rankine's alleged involvement affected the running of either club in a manner that suggests any corrupt goings on? How is this breach one of the most serious in the game? Have they been involved in match fixing?

It is absolutely laughable to suggest that anything Rankine has done at East Fife has had an effect on the "success" of Livi & vice versa... SFA? Bunch of morons the lot of them (allegedly).

The Newcastle/Rangers affair is different in that Ashley's interests were declared in both clubs to the authorities. That's why he was allowed to buy 9% or whatever and no more. Livi's problem is down to it not being declared. Dumbarton and East Fife were cleared because they had filled in the forms correctly.

Rankine said he would leave the club if he lost the case so I guess that's what he'll do now.  

I know what the difference is in terms of declaration but fail to see what difference a declaration makes to the actual practice. Have Livi & East Fife conspired to affect the outcome of matches? Have Livi & East Fife colluded in anyway other than to share Rankine's cash thus keeping both clubs afloat? Has Rankine done anything to the betterment of Livi at the expense of East Fife or vice versa? It is a farce; it is stupid on the part of Livi that such a declaration wasn't made but everyone in football knows of Rankine's various "interests" so to haul us up on it now is typical of a corrupt organisation looking for a scapegoat to deflect attention from elsewhere.

Ashley has 2 men on the The Rangers board too, which is against the SFA rules, doubt they'll threaten The Rangers with expulsion though.

Interesting article highlighting both clubs similarities/differences in here: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/livingston-case-should-make-for-interesting-reading-down-ibrox-way.115927019

Steam Pudding

Post by Steam Pudding on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:42 am

Don't the SPFL cross-check any of their own records? If East Fife declared that Rankine had an interest in both them and Livingston, why would Livingston have to report the same thing? Surely the SPFL could have taken that as 'disclosure' of Rankine's dual interest without Livingston having to tell them again? The SPFL's ineptitude beggars belief!
mozam76

Post by mozam76 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Because it's a very Fisher Price way of looking at it. Why should the SFA assume anything? Indeed, if they're to assume anything, surely they should assume that a club can adhere to the rules (rules that the club will have signed up for)?

I'm no champion of Scottish football hierarchy, not by a long way, but to blame them saying that it's their job to check, instead of our job as a club to do things by the book, is nonsense.

Last edited by mozam76 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Steam Pudding wrote:Don't the SPFL cross-check any of their own records? If East Fife declared that Rankine had an interest in both them and Livingston, why would Livingston have to report the same thing? Surely the SPFL could have taken that as 'disclosure' of Rankine's dual interest without Livingston having to tell them again? The SPFL's ineptitude beggars belief!

Very little of this makes sense to me. Dumbarton and East Fife aren't getting charged with the same crime as supposedly they've filled a form in notifying the SFA of Rankine's influence over them, but Rankine denies both allegations and the SFA have now accepted Rankine has no influence over Dumbarton (so why had they notified the SFA that he did? ), but have found him guilty of the East Fife charge.

I doubt East Fife notified them of having influence over them either tbh, it was Nixon going to the SFA that started this shite and the SFA aren't interested in the other clubs.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:23 pm

The farce that is the SFA being made to look impotent by Ashley: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31145792

Yep he has no influence over Sevco at all, just because he owns about 75% of the shares in Sevco merchandize,  has 2 men on the board of directors, and now tells them his 5 loan players from Newcastle must play in their team, has given them another 10M pound loan, he has just under the shares threshold for dual interest in Newcastle and Sevco so everything is cushty.

Must be waiting for him to change their name to Sports Direct fc before they finally take action, though even then they prob wouldn't.
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:19 pm

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/livingston/315677-livingston-fined-and-banned-from-registering-players-over-rankine-issues/
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Lets Sevco off the hook from getting a points deductions too, prob why we didn't get any more taken off.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is old news isn't it? Didn't we serve a registration embargo and get with a fine at the end of last year? Why has this come back to the news now?

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Weren't they the SFA and the SPL or whatever they want to be called now? Or was that related to the illegal payment of player bonuses?

Incidentally does Rankin own any decent clothes or does he always walk around like he's stuck in the 70's?
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Durnford wrote:Weren't they the SFA and the SPL or whatever they want to be called now? Or was that related to the illegal payment of player bonuses?

Incidentally does Rankin own any decent clothes or does he always walk around like he's stuck in the 70's?

Yeah the first fine, points deduction and signing embargo was for the dodgy players bonuses. This one is for the dual interest in East Fife through the Twigg's.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this is old news isn't it? Didn't we serve a registration embargo and get with a fine at the end of last year? Why has this come back to the news now?

Here you are Lexi the bbc explains it all. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149635
Afro

Post by Afro on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Well, with any luck this realistically means that Rankine will be out of here in the near future. Just have to hope now that one of the three apparent interested parties are actually serious and aren't utter charlatans.

Think we've got off lightly here, I'd imagine that a points deduction would've seen an uproar after the whole Sevco/Ashley debacle.
Lexi Collector
Admin

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Liviforever wrote:
Lexi Collector wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this is old news isn't it? Didn't we serve a registration embargo and get with a fine at the end of last year? Why has this come back to the news now?

Here you are Lexi the bbc explains it all. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149635

Ah cheers. There's literally so many dodgy scenarios going on that I've lost track of what was what.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
Liviforever wrote:

Ah cheers. There's literally so many dodgy scenarios going on that I've lost track of what was what.

Yeah still got the Nixon v Rankine court case verdict to look forward to. Plus Livi can still be hit with a further punishment if Rankine doesn't give up his interest in either Livi or East Fife. Meant to have left Livi but he's still been seen at our home games up in the directors section.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Actually I think it's more than that - the reference to fit and proper person would imply that he's not going to be allowed to hold a (controlling) interest in any club.
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Now that we've basically got away with murder, all we need is to win the Nixon court case, receive damages from oor Ged and stay up with a Rory Boulding last minute winner on the final day.

Livingston FC, we're taking the piss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 pm