The ex-Lions thread

Bertie Bassett

Re: The ex-Lions thread

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 am

cptn_hooch wrote:Good luck to Dorrans. Always liked him as a player and thought he maybe moved down south too early. Hope he does well for them

He clearly lacks ambition by signing for a tribute act. I hope they go bust just like the originals.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Watched the SPFL Premiership highlights on bbc1 last night, the commentator said Dorrans was living the dream playing for his boyhood heroes. I think after playing in 'the best league in the world' down south coming back up here will be far from living the dream, apart from that his boyhood team died in 2012,he was far too busy making his fortune in England to play for his dream team when they were alive.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 pm

See Coll Donaldson has been released by Dundee United
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Jesus Garcia Tena has signed for Edinburgh City. Brilliant signing for them assuming he hasn't had a monstrous drop in ability.
orco

Post by orco on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

I was reading that injury to their regular goalkeeper could see Hamilton give DJ a run in the team.
I hope he does well. Might be in at the deep end against The Rangers on Friday.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 am

DJ to save an injury time penalty for Accies to get all 3 points.

He'll need to do the basics well though and line up his wall for free kicks better, hope he takes his chance with both hands and grabs their number One spot, mon the DJ. cheers
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 am

Well it was all good for 18 minutes, then The Tributeers had their first shot at goal & scored. Surprise, surprise, it was a shot from distance that DJ almost, nearly got a hand to...as soon as the guy prepped to shoot I thought, if he gets it on target it will be a goal. And it went downhill from there. DJ didn't exactly look totally unlike a keeper on the second shot on target, he had goalie gloves on after all, but the second was completely saveable.

Then he pulled off a superb save in a 1 on 1 situation, only to be beaten with the next shot on target, which again looked saveable. I didn't see the penalty so no idea if he got near it but the final game stats show that The Club Masquerading As Rangers had 5 shots at goal, all on target & scored 4 goals.

That sums up for me why he was released & is all the more incredible to think he moved up the leagues.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 am

Just watched the highlights on the bbc website, yep first two were saveable, 2nd was straight at him and he somehow let it go through his legs. Good save on the 1 on 1 yep, then prob could've done better with the 3rd, Accies defence hung him out to dry several times too right enough so wasn't all DJ's fault. Penalty was calmy slotted away by Dorrans, who waited to see where DJ was going before chipping it down the middle.

Ref was honking too, 2 straight reds to Sevco were bottled as studs up/in challenges were ignored, and same player elbowed an Accies player but it was missed, hopefully the CO will be making an offer of a ban, and not ignoring it too, actually the same player who only got a yellow for an earlier studs up challenge used his arm to score a goal, goal wasn't given but no 2nd yellow for using his arm either!!!

We have felt aggrieved by refereeing decisions this season but by feck that was shocking by the ref in that game.

Oh and although the ref actually did finally send a Sevco player off for a 2nd yellow, and as shocked as I was for him not bottling it again, the boy's first yellow should've been a straight red.
orco

Post by orco on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:18 am

Aye, DJ didn't exactly cover himself in glory but he was hung out to dry by the Hamilton defence in most instances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 am