Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Liviforever

Re: Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Post by Liviforever on Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Mikkelsen wouldn't be allowed to play against them. Utd fans don't rate him anyway so doubt they'd be bothered about that. Cracking goal he scored though, took it well.

Utd fans don't really rate any of their players right enough but they've got to the semi finals so you can't underestimate them. McDonald is dangerous, McMullen is quick and him and King would be a handful on the wings, as would Ralston. Fraser and Stanton are good players too, but Fraser lacks heart and most of them are keechbags in a tough physical game.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri May 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Liviforever wrote:Mikkelsen wouldn't be allowed to play against them. Utd fans don't rate him anyway so doubt they'd be bothered about that. Cracking goal he scored though, took it well.

Utd fans don't really rate any of their players right enough but they've got to the semi finals so you can't underestimate them. McDonald is dangerous, McMullen is quick and him and King would be a handful on the wings, as would Ralston. Fraser and Stanton are good players too, but Fraser lacks heart and most of them are keechbags in a tough physical game.

Yes; I realise he wouldn't be allowed to play; Ralston is a good player but suspect he may be worried about getting injured and ending up being release by Celtic.

McDonald is easily the biggest threat but seemed to fade after a while on Monday; personally I'd been keen to put Keaghan on him for the first half to knacker him out for little reward.

United's defence are pretty suspect, particularly if they don't have their first choice goalkeeper back, so will probably try to go all out for an early goal; obviously we need to strengthen up the wings. If we score the first goal I think desperation will start to set in (or maybe dejection). Certainly if I'd have been a United supporter I've have been absolutely apoplectic about our second and third goals and the fact they apparently just gave up.

Finally I haven't seen anything about us opening up the south stand despite the announcement on the official site about the large crowds:

Livingston FC wrote:With a larger than usual crowd expected tonight, we strongly advise giving yourself extra time when heading for the turnstiles tonight to avoid missing the start of the game.

We’ll process entry as quickly as we can but this will help ensure everyone is in for kick-off
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Supposedly 1,500 Utd fans coming through so not that big a crowd, St Mirren brought more earlier for a league game. Even if they manage 2,000 we should cope no problem.

Can see us having about the same, might get a few hundred other teams fans coming down for the occasion after seeing how good a game it was on Monday. But with it being on BT sport a lot of folk will be happy to watch it in a pub or at home with a few beers.

If we get 3,000 odd down at tonight's game it should be a decent atmosphere though, we're having a standing/singing section too so it will hopefully be as good as we were on Monday.

I'm starting to get a wee buzz for the game now, i'll be heading down in a couple of hours, the AS is open at 6.30 and a couple of the Utd buses are coming down and heading in there too..

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri May 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Yes; I suppose the West stand is meant to hold 3000 so there wont likely be any need for the south stand. Still a shame though; Always though you ended up with a better atmosphere with three sides of the stadium active; even if not packed out.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm

If you weren't already wound up enough for tonight then this should do it:

https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial/status/994957589078315008
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Difficult night, initial game plan was to frustrate them but they really took the game to us after our goal. Good play from them for the equaliser & I was a bit worried but we saw it out. Thought Pitman was going to score a couple of times & Robinson but a last ditch tackle & the woodwork saved them. United had two or three efforts that Neil had to save, not hard saves but he had to make them & there was one excellent save if I mind right.

Another great shift from Miller & Lithgow was outstanding.

Thought the officiating was about the usual standard.

Great to see the place jumping again.

Well done lads - hope Rafa isn't too badly hurt - don't stop believing!
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 12:26 am

Well Laszlo said they were going to play dirty and if nothing else he's a man of his word, we were like the walking/limping wounded after that game, Officials were bloody shocking, number 4 continued to foul us after being booked and should've been off about 3 times, think the ref bottled 3 red cards for Utd players and somehow missed Mohsni punching the ball in the box, I've given up on us ever getting awarded a penalty now, that's 2 stone wallers in two games we should've had.

Anyway, enough of crap refereeing and brutal tactics by Laszlo, we're through to the final and the boys were outstanding again, the effort they put in deserves promotion, i'm sure they'll all be rested and ready to go again this Thurs, keep it going guys.

Fantastic atmosphere too, took me back to the glory days, the place was absolutely bouncing. bounce bounce bounce
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 12, 2018 12:47 am

Don't know how Gillespie & Moshni avoided bookings, Gillespie was fouling all game. Durnan definitely should have been off. Couple of our bookings were for nothing incidents but they were getting away with assault.

I didn't hear it myself but apparently BBC radio said we deserved to go through but asked the question of how we would survive if we went up. My answer to that is, I don't care. If we go up & come back down again, so what?; at least we would have been there. And once you are there anything can happen, as we proved by finishing 3rd that first season when everyone said we'd go back down.

Now we wait & see who it's going to be in the final. Just wish it was a 1 match game at a neutral venue as I think we'd have a better chance; but this team just keeps defying the odds.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 1:12 am

McDonald scythed Thompson to the ground and then had a bit of afters stamping on him, how that wasn't given a red card is scandalous. Would've been seething if the dirty wee git had gone on and scored after that.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 1:23 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Don't know how Gillespie & Moshni avoided bookings, Gillespie was fouling all game. Durnan definitely should have been off. Couple of our bookings were for nothing incidents but they were getting away with assault.

I didn't hear it myself but apparently BBC radio said we deserved to go through but asked the question of how we would survive if we went up. My answer to that is, I don't care. If we go up & come back down again, so what?; at least we would have been there. And once you are there anything can happen, as we proved by finishing 3rd that first season when everyone said we'd go back down.

Now we wait & see who it's going to be in the final. Just wish it was a 1 match game at a neutral venue as I think we'd have a better chance; but this team just keeps defying the odds.

Aye i'm just glad we haven't got to play Utd again the amount of injuries they inflicted on us, I don't think we could've taken losing anymore strikers. Any chance we can get an emergency loan and bring in McNulty?

Bonnie Scott

Post by Bonnie Scott on Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 am

On the topic of emergency loans.Why did Hoppy bring in Frizzell and barely play him. Strange.
Last night he would have caused the Dundee utd defence problems.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 am

Liviforever wrote:McDonald scythed Thompson to the ground and then had a bit of afters stamping on him, how that wasn't given a red card is scandalous. Would've been seething if the dirty wee git had gone on and scored after that.

Yeah, forgotten that but one of my lads mentioned it at the time.

Ralston got away with scything down Rafa, causing his injury, and we didn't even get the foul.
He got away with a few more bad ones as well. Miller kept getting pulled down as well with few fouls awarded. One right in front of the Lino on the far side, the United player was on the deck & Miller would have had space to move towards the goal and allow midfielders to back him up so for him to go down was nonsensical unless he was impeded. The same lino had no clue about the offside rule either, thankfully he got it wrong in our favour in the second half as well. There was one where the ball was in flight when our player went past the last defender & he put the flag up, ridiculous decision.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Bonnie Scott wrote:On the topic of emergency loans.Why did Hoppy bring in Frizzell and barely play him. Strange.
Last night he would have caused the Dundee utd defence problems.

Maybe saving him for the Premiership team in the final, I think he's more suited to playing them and wont be as likely to get clattered by cluggers. He'll get more time on the ball too which will allow him to run at defenders.

I'd rest up Rafa on Thurs for the away leg too, even if he was fit on Thurs, and play Frizzell instead.

Still don't think it has sunk in that we're in the play off finals and might get promoted to the Premiership, this is so surreal. Laughing

Well done Troy, he spoke to me in the AS before the game and predicted a draw, I was my usual self saying we'd win. lol!

Troy

Post by Troy on Sat May 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Wow what a night.Possibly not the performance we were looking for but it was all about the result last night and we got it.Over the 90mins United just about shaded it imo but fair play to the lads for holding it together and seeing the job through.Hitting the woodwork twice and denied a stonewall penalty claim right in front of the referee could have made ot a wee bit more comfortable for us but nevertheless weve done it so well done Hoppy and the lads for getting us there.Thought the attendance figure given was a bit suss and most ive spoken to reckon it was nearer 6000 which i would tend to agree with.Would be great to see many of them return on a regular basis.Anyway im off for a couple of Paracetomel ma heids nippin but well worth it.Roll on Thursday.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 1:23 pm

I think the official attendance figures given for last night was what came through the turnstiles before they had the overspill, then I think they just opened the gates and let everyone in so they wouldn't miss the start of the game. lol! Def was at over 3,000 in our end and a couple of thousand in the Utd end too.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Currently looking like it will be Ross County is the scores stay as they are
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Mon to feck Thistle get yer finger out. Or St Johnstone, if they could try and score a goal before they get their bags packed fro their hols.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Sat May 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Partick just scored
LiviLion

Post by LiviLion on Sat May 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Partick go 1-0 up to move back into 11th.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Sat May 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Partick it is then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:19 pm