Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Liviforever

Re: Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Post by Liviforever on Mon May 07, 2018 5:12 pm

Can't do it, going for Livi to win this now, it has been nagging at me all day. lol!

2-1 Livi, FG 12 mins.

And for a freebie prediction, Scotty P scoring our opener with a 25 yard thunderfuck into the top corner. cheers

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon May 07, 2018 5:55 pm

The rumour is that Ryan Hardie is out due to an injury

Ryan Hardie wrote:Ryan Hardie
Verified account
37m37 minutes ago
Absolutely gutted to miss rest of season due to an injury thanks to everyone at @LiviFCOfficial for the second half of season, absolutely loved it ⚽️. Massive good luck to the team tonight and for the rest of the play offs!!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 pm

That looks like more than a rumour... Opportunity for Robinson to step up perhaps; we know he can find the net.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Yes we do have a few options with Robinson and De Vita but bad new that it came at such a late time.

Troy

Post by Troy on Mon May 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Yep.Just when you think everything is rosy at Livi Bang there we go.Massive loss to the lions with Hardies abbsence for the rest of the season.Unfortunatly its the Livi way as weve seen on so many occasions before,ie do it the hard way.For me its gonna take something extrodinery to get through this tie.Hope Livi prove me wrong and il apologise for daring to have any doubts here.Gotta still believe Livi.

Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Just got kiss of death... Jack Ross is tipping us to win the semi final
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa DeVitaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 pm

And we held the lead for 19 seconds

1-1
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm

18 mins and a shocking decision by the ref - clear penalty as Robinson got a kick on the back of his leg
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm

28 mins 2-1 United - big deflection off Jacko takes a shot that was going wide past Neil Alexander

We look more dangerous going forward but need to take our chances
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Half time United 2-1 up

Brilliant start and even after United equalised so quickly we dominated the first 20 minutes. United then started to impose themselves & had the best of the next 25 mins. We should have had a pen but can probably consider ourselves lucky to still have 11 men on the pitch. Robinson & Gallagher both booked but both could have walked; IMO the yellows were right but a stricter ref could have produced reds.

We need to regroup & be a bit more disciplined defensively & more composed up front when the chances come.
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Jooooooooosh Muuuuuullllllllliiiinnnnnn!!!!!

2-2
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Scooooooootttttttt Piiiiiiiittttttmaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon!!

Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Kudos to the fans, out singing their United counterparts all game
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Red card for Flood Laughing
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm

And that is that for the first leg.

Superb win, two brilliantly taken second half goals. Pitman nutmegging Moshni before slotting it in.

Don't Stop Believing!!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Moshni carrying an injury must be a doubt for Friday.

Troy

Post by Troy on Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

First of all apologies to those lads for ever doubting their intestinal fortitude shown tonight.Thought Hardie would be a big miss for us but wow what a performance from those guys.End to end stuff at times and decisions that could have went the way of both teams i thought.Nevertheless the will to keep going and try to give us a decent chance for the second leg was thrilling to whatch.Miller the pick of the bunch for me for his tireless running and winning important balls but the whole team effort is worthy of praise.Kudos to that marvelous support as well, never stopped singing the whole game.Cant wait till Friday.Its in our hands.Lets do it Livi.Well done Hoppy and the boys!!!
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Yeah, Miller put in some shift, both in attack & defence.

Rest up boys & let's finish them off on Friday.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue May 08, 2018 12:40 am

What a game, what a result, absolutely buzzing after that finish.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw Ryan Hardie coming up the steps in a leg boot and sitting just in front of me, then heard him say he was going for an op next week. Huge loss for us going into the play offs.

Started unbelievably well though and a goal up in the first 2 mis, then about 30 seconds later it's 1-1, fecking hell. We were giving them far too much space down our flanks and they strolled in to have a shot on goal, it was going well wide but we deflected it into our own net, at that point I thought we were fecked, and i'd have been delighted with us taking a 2-1 defeat back to Livi. I was fearing the worst 2nd half though and thought we'd concede a 3rd goal and the tie would be virtually over in our home game.
For that 10 minute spell we started pressing Utd and forcing the ball off them, and absolutely brilliant finishes by both Mullin and Pittman, couldn't believe we were now 3-2 up. Flood losing the plot and getting sent off and Utd players looking dead on their feet, really can't see us losing the home game.

Brilliant team spirit, losing Hardie will make it even tougher for us but with the team spirit and running through a brick wall attitude in our team I just wouldn't write us off getting promoted this season.

Last edited by Liviforever on Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
orco

Post by orco on Tue May 08, 2018 1:53 am

Well that is up there with some of my favourite all time Livi games. At half time I'd have settled for being 2-1 down at the end keeping the game alive. And then we only go and not only equalise but get the winner. cheers
However we have to keep our feet on the ground and remember this is only half time. If we show the same guts and determination on Friday though.......who knows! Cool
Bertie Bassett

Post by Bertie Bassett on Tue May 08, 2018 7:51 am

Agreed Orco, Hoppy made the same point in the aftermatch interview. He too would have been delighted with 2-1 deficit but was cautioning that even with this superb result, it is only half time.

Commentators kept banging on about our physical style & long ball, set piece reliance & yet all 5 goals in the game were from open play, with all three of ours being very composed finishes.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Yep, it was from us pressing them in midfield and forcing mistakes, as I've been telling opposition fans all season, we win a lot of 2nd balls and can play some decent stuff on the deck from our midfielders getting the ball back in the final third and running at them. Had a great view of both 2nd half goals, i'd moved down the front to get a seat in front of everyone that was standing up all game and was only about 12 feet away from the pitch. Fantastic scenes when Mullin and Pittman scored, equaliser was kinda stunned and then going daft with joy at us being back level, Pittman's goal though it was absolute mayhem. Laughing

I had him getting our opener, but it was even better seeing him score the winner.

We're never going to get credit for being able to play decent stuff though, everyone just sticks us with being physical and having 'a certain style of football'.
Liviforever

Post by Liviforever on Tue May 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Not sure how Hoppy will line up for the home game, doubt he expected us to be bringing back a lead from the away leg, and would've been happy enough to be going into this with just the one goal against us in GD, then looking for a win at home.

I think this may change our approach, Hardie threw us a curveball and we played far more attacking in our set up than I expected, it worked out great but we were dreadfully exposed down the wings, and gave them acres of room to just stroll towards our box and have a shot before anyone tried to block it, Jacko deflecting it into his own net when it was heading past the post.

I expected us to be more like that in the home game but now we don't need to, so I really hope we are better defensively set up on the wings. McMillan would be a lot more solid that Mullin, Josh is fantastic going forward but him and Jacko being used as LM's give me the fear, we're open and exposed all game.

My preference would be McMillan and Rafa playing there, but with Hardie out we may well stick with Rafa up front. He hasn't scored at home this season though so maybe Cadden up front would be an option. Good news is we've plenty of players who can slot into different positions, so we're not struggling for options.

Durnford

Post by Durnford on Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Its a difficult one; at the very least we must not concede an early goal - that would end up putting us on the back foot.

I would prefer to see a straight back four with Buchanan in on the right - that being said most of the danger last night came from Ralston down our left; partially due to the fact that Longridge seemed to be struggling with the idea as to whether he was a full-back or wing-back (this isn't actually a criticism of Jackson's effort on the night although I do think he's been better of late coming on as an impact sub against a tiring team).

Was a bit surprised when Hopkins brought on Thompson but left Frizzell on the bench. but the biggest surprise for me was Byrne running around like a seventeen year old eighty minutes into the match. Also loved the long run that Pittman made when he realised Byrne wasn't going to give up and just might end up with something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 am