Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Share
avatar
mozam76

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-06-10

Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by mozam76 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:26 pm

... made earlier today, we've been drawn at home to Stranraer, to be played on Sunday October 12th.

Presents us with a very real possibility of being in the final of this competition. An away tie in the semi to Rangers would maybe have been better financially (although I've no idea if/how gate receipts are split), but it's a home tie against lower league oppo.

avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Smithy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Let's get to the final,fantastic opportunity to do so now.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Liviforever on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

mozam76 wrote:... made earlier today, we've been drawn at home to Stranraer, to be played on Sunday October 12th.

Presents us with a very real possibility of being in the final of this competition. An away tie in the semi to Rangers would maybe have been better financially (although I've no idea if/how gate receipts are split), but it's a home tie against lower league oppo.


Delighted with the draw, best team possible to give us a chance of reaching the final, and at home too. Can't take anything for granted though as they rode their luck against a very poor Falkirk team but still, they beat them.

If we do get to the final, and hopefully Sevco manage to too, then it would be a great end to the season with a nice pay day to round it off too.
avatar
LiviLion

Posts : 882
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 21
Location : Livingston

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by LiviLion on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Game will be live on BBC Alba too, on the Sunday with a 4.05pm kick off.
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by EdinburghLivi on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Excellent to hear more coverage of the #AM after a few barren years.

Very happy with the draw. Professional performance and we have a good chance of getting through to the final, possibly at Hampden. That would be incredible.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Smithy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 pm

LiviLion wrote:Game will be live on BBC Alba too, on the Sunday with a 4.05pm kick off.
good news, some more money for the club.

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by djs9750 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Smithy wrote:
LiviLion wrote:Game will be live on BBC Alba too, on the Sunday with a 4.05pm kick off.
good news, some more money for the club.

I am sure I read somewhere that all the money from Alba etc. goes into the SPFL pot to be shared instead of how it used to go to the home club. Sure someone will be able to confirm if true or I am way off the mark.
avatar
EdinburghLivi
Admin

Posts : 774
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 25
Location : Edz

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by EdinburghLivi on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Pretty sure you're right dj.
avatar
Smithy

Posts : 574
Join date : 2014-07-01

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Smithy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:32 pm

djs9750 wrote:
Smithy wrote:
LiviLion wrote:Game will be live on BBC Alba too, on the Sunday with a 4.05pm kick off.
good news, some more money for the club.

I am sure I read somewhere that all the money from Alba etc. goes into the SPFL pot to be shared instead of how it used to go to the home club. Sure someone will be able to confirm if true or I am way off the mark.
aw well still good to get the club on live tv.

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by djs9750 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Anybody know how much they will be charging for this game?
Seems like the AS is a no go area once again for this game unless you want to fork out £40
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Lexi Collector on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

That's a stupid rule with regards to shared TV money. Why should scum like Sevco and Raif get cash for televised game that has baws all to do with them.

Die SFA/SPFL.

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by djs9750 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:17 pm

djs9750 wrote:Anybody know how much they will be charging for this game?
Seems like the AS is a no go area once again for this game unless you want to fork out £40

I take it you are in the dark like me. Checked the website, nothing about admission prices, sent the club an email and no reply. Looks like they don't want my custom anymore. Do I get a refund on my season ticket?
Bet if I was a 'The Rangers' fan they would have replied within the hour.
Yeah, you are right, been a bad day.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Liviforever on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Seen a post on P&B match thread saying it was £15 adult, £10 concession and £5 child. Don't know it it is PaTG on the day though, certainly wont be sold out so should be plenty seats.


Aye the AS is charging you £17 entrance money once you deduct what it used to cost for a meal in there and add it onto the price of a ticket and programme.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Liviforever on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:That's a stupid rule with regards to shared TV money. Why should scum like Sevco and Raif get cash for televised game that has baws all to do with them.

Die SFA/SPFL.

Better still, the SPFL take a percentage of the cup final gate money from the two teams playing in it. Prob to cover their parachute payment to the relegated Premiership team or the prize money to some of the Championship team. Sneaky bassas.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Thought I read somewhere that this was on the season ticket... scratch

In the middle of buying a new car, and the Challenge Cup doesn't really appeal to me, so will probably sit on my lazy skint arse and watch in on Teuchter telly.
avatar
Liviforever

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Liviforever on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:39 pm

The Annan match admission info is up but still nothing on Stranraer, except for hospo and the AS deals.

djs9750

Posts : 57
Join date : 2014-06-10

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by djs9750 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Yep looks like they only want folk that can pay 40 quid for a curry. Us plebs are a last thought. We have had many examples if poor communication but this takes the buscuit.
avatar
Lexi Collector
Admin

Posts : 785
Join date : 2014-06-10
Age : 24

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Lexi Collector on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:13 pm

They did something similar for the Rangers game as well...had to send them a tweet asking if tickets would be available up until kick-off. Wasn't much ticket info for that game, it was all about hospitality packages.

Sponsored content

Re: Petrofac Training Cup - Semi Final Draw

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:26 am